Bearing removal

max power

If you can't get anything behind I would try to notch with a Dremel and crack with a chisel.

I'd go with this option.

The blue tiped wrench.

For the experienced fire-wrench user only. I've actually found it to be faster to slit through the raace with a cutoff wheel, and crack it with a chisel than to torch it, at least on cars and trucks.

Ya bubby, Free Loaners at Advance Auto in my town. They have a bearing and race puller kit that would make short work of that....You just pay for it, (security deposit) then take it back for a refund. Good system if you ask me.

Edited by Gump

Ya bubby, Advance Auto in my town has a great bearing and race puller set just for that type of thing. Free Loaners... Although, can't you just punch it out from the back side with a long chisel and a hammer?

Yeah, you got a 3' long chisel? :D

IMG_1282.jpg

I edited my post because I remembered what bike it was. I do have a pry bar that would work. But, really the auto parts store should be able to loan you a bearing and race type puller/slide hammer, instead of you bustin your knuckles.

Edited by Gump

I edited my post because I remembered what bike it was. I do have a pry bar that would work. But, really the auto parts store should be able to loan you a bearing and race type puller/slide hammer, instead of you bustin your knuckles.

I did enough of that on that fuckin trailer.

The bearings came right out with the help of a $140 bearing puller kit and some hillbilly ingenuity.

I still gotta return the puller kit.

Oh yeah, I had to order a new brake rotor since I knocked the axle assembly off the milk crate I had it on.

If you ever pull an axle on one of these things, dont reassemble it with the disc on it and sit it on any thing it can fall off of.

Edited by max power