Gas tank vacuum lines

Osiris-016

On my ninja 250, I have 3 nipples that come out of the rear of my gas tank, under the seat.

http://faq.ninja250.org/images/d/d8/Routing.gif

That is the diagram of it, but my bike has none of that. It didn't even have anything on the overflow, which caused fuel to leak all over my seat/fairing and ruined the seat/graphics.

Am I supposed to do anything with these? I'm tired of having fuel running out (I hooked up a hose to the overflow now) onto the ground after I just filled up. Would it be bad if I just punched the hose? It's pouring money all over the floor.

What do the other 2 nipples do? Would I be able to hook the overflow up to one of those to re-route it back into the tank?

On my ninja 250, I have 3 nipples that come out of the rear of my gas tank, under the seat.

http://faq.ninja250.org/images/d/d8/Routing.gif

That is the diagram of it, but my bike has none of that. It didn't even have anything on the overflow, which caused fuel to leak all over my seat/fairing and ruined the seat/graphics.

Am I supposed to do anything with these? I'm tired of having fuel running out (I hooked up a hose to the overflow now) onto the ground after I just filled up. Would it be bad if I just punched the hose? It's pouring money all over the floor.

What do the other 2 nipples do? Would I be able to hook the overflow up to one of those to re-route it back into the tank?

i'd at least hook up the overflow, and if your losing that much gas i'd stop filling it up that full. i fill mine up just below the neck and never have had an issue with losing much if any gas at all.

do all 250s have this emissions stuff, or just california bikes?

cap off the left port (red), and leave the right one (light blue) open with a length of hose. those are vent hoses so the tank can breathe.

then cap off yellow at the carbs if you have not already done so, and you should be good to go.

Edited by John