Buddy was hit

Osiris-016

Shortly after parting ways, my buddy got hit by a silver car on his 02 Yamaha R6 after shortly exiting the intersection of E Powell and the 315. Lady didn't stop to check if he was all right, but rather drove off, and nobody else helped him out, either. He didn't get a plate # or know what kind of car it is all whilst running after his bike as it continued down the hill. He went straight through an intersection and apparently she had turned into him. His bike's fairings are all ruined and he needs a new engine case cover and new pipe.

What could someone possibly do in a situation like this? His insurance is liability only, and he has no idea who the person was or what they were driving.

Be safe!

glad he's ok..and honestly, it sounds like he is SOL on the bike...theres nothing he can do if he only had liability on it...bikes can be replaced, he got lucky.

His legs hurt like hell he said, but he managed to land on his feet but then tumbled a bit. Sucks how nobody helped him or asked if he was all right, or followed the asshole who hit him.

It sucks because he had just got his bike fixed, and today was the first day riding it. Not even a full 12 hours and then bam, back down and having to fix it all over again.

did he call and file a police report? theres a chance somebody may have called in the silver car for a hit and run - probably not, but its worth calling to try at least

I tried to tell him to do this, but he hasn't yet. Made me think maybe he was hiding something, but who knows. I trust him.

sounds like maybe he doesnt have insurance at all? you said his bike has been broken, maybe he cancelled his insurance - and now he doesnt want to file a report because he can get his license suspended for no insurance...im not sure, i dont know the guy, just speculating.... at least he is here to talk about it

What the hell is with people not stopping when they hit someone?? :nono:

I can't believe people do this so much' date=' these people are fucking scum!

Glad your friend is ok.[/quote']

Its Powell, those yuppie fucks are more important than you.

Some bitch in Powell in a CRV almost took me out yesterday.

She was making a right hand turn into my direction of traffic(two lanes for the direction)...I was in the left hand...does she turn in the right lane...NO...the bitch comes right over into my(left) lane. Then, to add insult, we get stopped side by side at the red light...I hold my hands up like WTF...she just shrugs her shoulders like I don't know...

If I was five years younger...I'd have pulled that bitch outta that CRV on the spot!!!

Idiot fucking cell phone talking starbucks drinking cunts!!!

BTD.

The more I ride the more I think it is best to leave the video camera running all the time to catch the actions of others. I've even thought of making mounts for inside the car.

Hope your friend is okay, oddly he might have been better off if he'd laid there acting really hurt. Someone might have at least driven after the car and called in the plate then. But then again it's Powell, they might have tried to hit him again since he was on a sport bike and not a $40,000 hog like the rest of their Dr and lawyer neighbors.:rolleyes:

Ha, yea it's pretty bad out here. He does have insurance, but his rates will go up and he won't get jack all for the bike since it was liability only. He could file a police report, but the chances of anyone even turning the person in is slim to none. Who knows if she even knew that she hit him?

Oh well, he was shaken up a bit but he's fine now. The bike runs OK, just looks like shit. I kinda felt guilty though, since I was riding with him like 10 minutes before and if I hadn't been then it wouldn't of happened. Sucks that it was the first day he had it running, too.

Damn Ohioan drivers, haha

Some bitch in Powell in a CRV almost took me out yesterday.

She was making a right hand turn into my direction of traffic(two lanes for the direction)...I was in the left hand...does she turn in the right lane...NO...the bitch comes right over into my(left) lane. Then, to add insult, we get stopped side by side at the red light...I hold my hands up like WTF...she just shrugs her shoulders like I don't know...

If I was five years younger...I'd have pulled that bitch outta that CRV on the spot!!!

Idiot fucking cell phone talking starbucks drinking cunts!!!

BTD.

Tell us how you really feel BTD.

Ha, yea it's pretty bad out here. He does have insurance, but his rates will go up and he won't get jack all for the bike since it was liability only.

If he only has liability and nobody caught the lady, why even bother telling the insurance company then? The only thing they'll do at this point is raise his rates so I'd say leave them out of it. Sucks enough to pay for replacement parts but at least he could avoid the rate hike.

Having been hit yet, but I have been run off the road, especially on 77 between Akron/Cleveland. Just passing people up in the fast lane, and had a lady just cruise right on over next to me. Of course she dosen't look to her left to see me bouncing in the shoulder laying on the horn. See got scared and took off flying. Never a dull moment...

Any change the intersection is visible to cctv cameras at a local business? Even better would be if there's a nearby gas station she just pulled out of...

The insurance won't raise his rates for simply being in an accident. It has to be an accident where they had to pay as a result of his negligence. liability only = they won't pay for his bike, period.

Report it to the police. You never know, she might have called in a "phantom car" police report to explain away the big dent in her car...

What could someone possibly do in a situation like this? His insurance is liability only, and he has no idea who the person was or what they were driving.

My bike is worth maybe $1200, and I still cover a lot of uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. That's mostly to cover my potential injuries, but it should also pay for damage from hit-and-run accidents, or even the random old person who never realizes they hit me.

and always call the cops...

depending on the nature of the accident, you have up to 24 hours to report it. Getting the clock ticking can be important. Probably more applicable when someone runs over your mail box than when they hit you on your bike, but still a good rule.

Any change the intersection is visible to cctv cameras at a local business? Even better would be if there's a nearby gas station she just pulled out of...

Good idea, worth a shot.

The insurance won't raise his rates for simply being in an accident. It has to be an accident where they had to pay as a result of his negligence.

That's not quite correct. Even a not-at-fault accident can put you into a higher risk category. I don't totally understand it myself, but it has to do with statistics, and you're statistically more likely to be in a situation that would cause a loss for the insurer. I totally disagree with it, but that's how they do things. This has happened to me, when my wife was in an accident a couple years ago, then later added her to my policy. My insurance co increased her rates when they found out about the not-at-fault collision. We weren't trying to hide it or anything, I just don't think we were asked when I added her.

I'm not a big fan of some of the things that happen in the insurance industry.

I'm not a big fan of some of the things that happen in the insurance industry.

insurance is like any other business; they're out ot make money.

if you're paying $200/year and then your $4,000 bike gets totaled, the insurance company has to cover you for a total of 20 years just to break even.

I don't find it terribly shocking that they raise your rates. What it amounts to is you get the value of your bike, but you pay them back at 0% interest over the next 5 years.

SOMEONE is going to pay - it's supposed to be whoever's at fault, but if they're not available, the insurance company finds it a lot cheaper to go after the insured than pay megabucks to fight the person at fault in court.

I know that intersection at Powell and 315, It is best avoided even in a car because the traffic is so heavy there and the lanes have no turn only areas. I've heard there are no plans to improve it because the river is on one side and a steep hill is on the other so they can't widen the intersection. I have not noticed any traffic cameras there either so your buddy is probably SOL at this point.

Agreed, bad intersection. Airports and hospital areas are bad too.

Somebody turned in front of me at the airport last week, and I gunned it and aimed right at them. But that's just me.

Yes, I left a big get out on that.

anyone have kevin cliffords contact info? my mom told me she needs to get her car fixed, someone hit it in a parking lot or something and didnt stick around...she doesnt have much money, but its silver so it should be easy to match the paint and get it fixed up....anybody?

anyone have kevin cliffords contact info? my mom told me she needs to get her car fixed, someone hit it in a parking lot or something and didnt stick around...she doesnt have much money, but its silver so it should be easy to match the paint and get it fixed up....anybody?

Ben does.