So How Do You Guys Keep from Sliding Forward?

Big Green Valley

Getting used to the VFR and to this riding style. I'm loving it and enjoy the change, but every time I brake I slide forward. No matter how tightly I squeeze my knees, I slide. I have a stock seat. What do you guys do to prevent this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Getting used to the VFR and to this riding style. I'm loving it and enjoy the change, but every time I brake I slide forward. No matter how tightly I squeeze my knees, I slide. I have a stock seat. What do you guys do to prevent this? Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

depends on how much money you want to spend. I myself will be sending my seat over the winter to A Great Day to Ride to not only make it more comfortable but also to keep me from always sliding into the tank smashing my huevos

:wtf: You guys know each other?

No, beat me to it kinda. Just getting into the OR spirit.

Honestly I never had a problem with this bike, probably varies with the shape of the tank. I eventually put stompgrip on because everybody swore by it - I personally didn't notice a difference. Apparently it does something though because it scuffs the hell out of my leathers.

If you're gripping the tank with your knees your doing it right. Thighmaster maybe?

I cannot see that even under extreme street riding that you'd need something like Stomp Grip. The only reason it is used at the track is because you are coming from 150 plus down to double digit speeds under braking quickly lap after lap afetr lap...

On a street machine, I can see it having some merit, but I have experienced this on a buddy's bike before. We both had ZX6Rs and I couldn't stay from sliding forward all the time.

Reasoning? He was always cleaning his seat and used products like leather cleaner, etc on it. Made it look pretty for the ladies, but the result was a slippery seat that was sketchy at best.

Are you cleaning your seat with ANYTHING? If so, don't.

Are you cleaning your seat with ANYTHING? If so, don't.

I've never had this happen normally either but I did experience it once

when I shined up the seat when cleaning the bike, I don't do that anymore.

The seat is stock and I haven't put any kind of cleaner on it. I don't find the seat uncomfortable and don't want to spend the big money for an "upgraded" seat.

Isaac's Papa, "Your feet shouldn't be resting on the pegs while braking. They should be bracing your weight. (read: pushing down) That should be sufficient force to keep you from sliding forward."

I haven't paid attention to my foot position while braking, so I'll try your suggestion next time I'm out.

Am i the only on who rides against the tank? it gives me good upright position while just cruising and also gives me a lot of leverage with my thighs so i dont slid farther forward.. just a comfortable lightly against the tank..

Am i the only on who rides against the tank? it gives me good upright position while just cruising and also gives me a lot of leverage with my thighs so i dont slid farther forward.. just a comfortable lightly against the tank..

Also puts your weight more forward for good cornering, but I don't think he's looking for an aggressive ride.

I only do this when riding in super short baggy shorts. You know the kind you wear to restaurants to ruin peoples meals. Man I love those vibrations.

J/k. I agree with this. Also you just bought the bike so the seller probably shined it up real nice to help sell it.= slippery seat. Don't worry this will go away after you hit the brakes to hard and shit your pants either due to pain or being scared. But the poo has to dry on the seat first.

+1. The way the seats curve, you're supposed to be right up there. Not smashed up to the tank but real close. Moving back can give you some more leg room at the expense of your tailbone (and your balls when you hit the brakes).

I usually ride just up against the tank, sometimes I slide back a bit but usually adjust back up when cornering.

Also you just bought the bike so the seller probably shined it up real nice to help sell it.= slippery seat. Don't worry this will go away after you hit the brakes to hard and shit your pants either due to pain or being scared. But the poo has to dry on the seat first.

I disagree. Its in the design of the rake of the seat on the VFR as I have the same issue and have not once put any cleaner on the seat for that very reason. I'll slide to the back of the seat and within a very short period I'll be back with my nuts all smashed up on that tank and uncomfortable