Wide isn't wide enough? Okay.

RSVDon

Lol it's an identical look except for larger fenders. ;)

But anyways, fix whatever it is that doesn't allow me to enlarge pictures using Google Chrome and Highslide. :p

It looks like added non-functional plastic.

Chrome sucks sometimes unfortunately. It'll work one of these days. It's beta still isn't it? I tried using it, but so many sites just don't work with it fully yet.

It looks like added non-functional plastic.

Chrome sucks sometimes unfortunately. It'll work one of these days. It's beta still isn't it? I tried using it, but so many sites just don't work with it fully yet.

You talking about the lower flat panels? Those are carbon fiber ducts that control airflow along the car including just before the wheels. That's factory stuff.

I'm using whatever this download link is for. Didn't think it was Beta?? :confused:

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/landing_chrome_mac.html?hl=en

it'd be better if the wide body served a purpose

unless I'm wrong its for wider tires which = better traction. I'm guessing aerodynamics might play a small part but I could easily be full of shit on that one

...But anyways, fix whatever it is that doesn't allow me to enlarge pictures using Google Chrome and Highslide. :p
...I'm using whatever this download link is for. Didn't think it was Beta?? :confused:

http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/landing_chrome_mac.html?hl=en

Any AdBlocker running? Disable it for ORdN. That's what fixed the Highslide JS/pics issue in Chrome for me.

But you're on a Mac - just use Safari?

I like it. I'd definitely own one.

Any AdBlocker running? Disable it for ORdN. That's what fixed the Highslide JS/pics issue in Chrome for me.

But you're on a Mac - just use Safari?

That's what fixed the issue for me too. I'm using the beta version and not running into many problems with it. Used to be some problems but I see them getting fixed. More and more sites are working with chrome now too.

I am willing to bet that all that extra plastic and sheet metal actually decreased the performance. road and track was just bitching last month about how wide the stock vette was and how it took the fun out of driving it on country roads because of the width. i would be pissed if i was riding down south and seen that behemoth the op posted coming through a turn taking up 3/4 the road... fuckn rice

I am willing to bet that all that extra plastic and sheet metal actually decreased the performance. road and track was just bitching last month about how wide the stock vette was and how it took the fun out of driving it on country roads because of the width. i would be pissed if i was riding down south and seen that behemoth the op posted coming through a turn taking up 3/4 the road... fuckn rice

I don't see how a widebody is associated to ricers?

Ricers to me are are the white/mexican/asian/somolian kids that primer their car, lower it, throw an exhaust and air filter (all autozone) parts and think it will out race every other car on the road..

IMO: the widebody looks nice, definately not feeling the side air dams. But for the money that's already being charged on it.. id personally just leave it stock.

I think it looks horrible. Sorry.

Stock looks much nicer, cleaner. Just my opinion though.

2009_chevrolet_corvette_zr1_new.jpg

Stock looks like it needs a mullet for the complete setup. The above pics are badass and looks like a Vette should if considering a supercar type machine. I think it looks very Lotus like except a little longer and wider.

Rice... Good one...

Looks trashy to me, I much prefer the Callaway treatment.

corp_0506_01_z+callaway_corvette_c12+front_left_view.jpg

That looks like a kit car vs. a supercar. It reminds me of the Pontiac Fiero kits... The gaps on the dorrs and hood, etc are shit. The Vette in question is amazing detail and very mean looking.

Anyone that has seen the LeMans cars has to agree (If you think they are badass).

sebring2009wall1280x102.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The wide

kits are typically for the rear end and front to accomodate upgraded suspension components and wheels/tires for performance. As for the comment that it takes away from performance based on weight, I am willing to bet large sums of money that if the guy did that kind of work, it ain't stock... Power is probably not an issue.