The wave while riding... HD riders - take a peek!

Moto-Brian

I love waving at people on scooters. People on scooters always seem happy. Maybe I need to get a scooter.

I've figured out why that is. When i ride my CB200, I can ride it like a maniac, Wide open slamming gears, etc. No cars get in my way, I'm happy as a clam.

When i'm on my 625 SMC... I'm just mad, or bored. I can get on the throttle for all of about a second before i have to get off of it. Cars go at seemingly walking pace around corners. Riding in traffic makes me want to blow my brains out. That being said, the bike is pure magic when i have the road to myself, which is never, unless i'm on a trip.

I always wave, because i remember when i was 18 and got my first bike (82 nighthawk) on one of my first rides in early January after i bought the thing, a guy going the other way on a bad ass old harley chopper gave me the wave. I thought I was cool shit.

I love seeing little kids out in the country riding dirtbikes, I always give them a wave, and they act like i made their day.

excuse my rant as its not directed at you but in general...

EVERYONE DRIVES A FUCKING CAR on this board, the term cagers is hands down the stupidest god damn thing I see spewed on this board on a daily basis next to "clips" and "crotch rocket"

/rant

I understand I've just have had some bad incidents lately and it seems like people are caring less about the people on the road around them.:cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bad324 viewpost.gif

excuse my rant as its not directed at you but in general...

EVERYONE DRIVES A FUCKING CAR on this board, the term cagers is hands down the stupidest god damn thing I see spewed on this board on a daily basis next to "clips" and "crotch rocket"

I use the term "crotch rocket" in jest just because that's what the majority of the uneducated call sportbikes. I try to educate but my efforts seem futile.

I Used to wave at all bikes when I was younger and that was fine. When I first bought my Tundra in 2001 everyone that had a Tundra would wave at me. I thought it was silly. Anyways I stopped waving at other bikers regardless of the brand they were on. Its not that I was stuck up or disliked someones choice of motorcycle I just didn't see the point to wave at every bike I see. If someone waves I'd node back but to me its like waving at every car that goes by I don't see the point anymore.

I love waving at people on scooters. People on scooters always seem happy. Maybe I need to get a scooter.

That's funny, I get snubbed by scooters more than anyone! But lately I think it's the same guy snubbing me in the valley.

I used to wave to everyone, now if I don't see at least a helmet I won't wave, regardless of make/model/style. Needless to say I don't get to wave much these days, except to the guy on the scooter that never waves back!

the less people want to wave to me, the more intense my waving at them becomes.

eventually, they all cave. it might be pity, it might be peer pressure, maybe even a dab of guilt. whatever it is, they all cave.

The Brotherhood of the Road

excerpted from "To Wave or Not to Wave: by Shalom Auslander

I love motorcycles' date=' and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community - a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan...

...Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassel handlebars and the studded luggage and the half helmets - God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, do I hate those guys. I don't wave at them either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180 degree German engines. God, I hate them.

They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they have got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grandpa.

Oh, and Ducati guys - I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color as long as it is red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a Desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. God forbid they should ever wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep going.

Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Honda. I'll wave at Honda guys, but, even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way. Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and, by the way, neither will the guys in two piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at - those guys with the helmets with loud paint jobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet - like I'm going to wave back at that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

To me, motorcycling is like a family, a close knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes The Brotherhood of the Road so special?[/quote']

hahaha I think this guy just doesn't have any friends...

On a side note, in Columbus I waved and I got waves back about 80% of the time, HD or not. NOW since I have moved up to NEO, 1. I really never see any other sport bikes and 2. About 90% of the HD/ Cruisers I have waved at, never waved back... Never. Dunno why, but this is an observation that I had made pretty much when I first moved up here, way before this thread lol. You HD guys need to lighten up!

Sent from my iPhone

One up side to the weather getting colder is that you may be more likely to get a response to your wave. As Fall hits, the less serious riders put their bikes away, while the rest of us are more likely to share a "oh, hey, another fool riding in the cold, wet weather" commiseration wave.

That's funny, I get snubbed by scooters more than anyone! But lately I think it's the same guy snubbing me in the valley.

Keep in mind that there are often two kinds of scoot riders. Those that bought them to ride, and those that bought them for cheap, high gas mileage transportation.

Well, I get it from all sides and can honestly say, no type of rider is better than the other.

Whether I am on the Harley, KTM or BMW, waves come or go. So, I have come to the conclusion that it really is the rider and not the brand.

Goldwingers and Squidos seem to be the worst. HD guys are hit and miss. Same with BMW guys.

Wave or no-wave, makes no real difference to me.