The wave while riding... HD riders - take a peek!

Moto-Brian

I dunno, for some reason I have not run into this problem. I have had maybe a dozen people not wave/nod back this year. Once from a scoot, once at night good weather(sports), once in heavy rain at night(cruiser, no clue what kind, visibility was very low) and the rest in good day weather. 2 sports and like 5 cruisers(but every secondary rider waved)

Most people seem to wave and I've even had a few HD riders initiate the wave. The only time I don't wave(or expect a wave back) is when my clutch hand is needed or I'm in a curve where I need both hands or I'll end up just nodding if I don't spot a fellow rider that waves until we have nearly passed.

I never wave first but thats because I'm an asshole, I will however wave if I am waved to or nod the head if my hand is busy.

Personally, I could care less who does or doesn't wave. Every kind of bike has asshole owners. I'm not sure why people take offense to not being waved at by whoever or whatever. Move on and enjoy your ride

Yep, my take exactly. I have done some long distance rides, and riders in our area seem more inclined to do the wave thing back and forth regardless of bike brand, but once you get out west my experience has shown that far less sport bike riders wave. Consider too that when we riding the west it was me on the glide and my wife on her Yamaha. Quite often she was in the lead too. So I figure its an individual thing not based on what you are riding.

Holy two year old thread, Batman! I've learned a lot in the last two years on here and while riding. Even though I have been riding for 20 plus years now...

The thing is simple. We are all supposedly enthusiasts. Some of us enjoy this sport more than others. I think I am too passionate about this sport and sometimes, it gets me in trouble. But, I want to give a nod/wave to a fellow enthusiast I am hoping is as passionate about MOTORCYCLING and not what they look like or how they are perceived.

In the end, I wave because I hope this. A lot of times lately, I have seen a lot of riders that are just riding. Maybe they are new, maybe they are angry, maybe they are just not paying attention or maybe they aren't as passionate.

Wave if you want. If you wave to me, I wave back. I initiate the wave more than not and if they don't wave back, it doesn't bother me anymore... This is a sport of passion and enthusiasm. Some have it more than others, I think...

I'll change it from cagers to drivers that don't pay attention. Sorry to piss in your cheerios this morning.

the insurance company pissed in my cheerios this morning

again, I apologize as it wasn't aimed at you...just a general rant. I happen to do that from time to time so you'll see so I hope no offense was taken :)

excuse my rant as its not directed at you but in general...

EVERYONE DRIVES A FUCKING CAR on this board, the term cagers is hands down the stupidest god damn thing I see spewed on this board on a daily basis next to "clips" and "crotch rocket"

/rant

My car doesn't fuck......

• Haha 1

I just read fucktard and unicorn in the same thread/post, now that shit is funny, made my morning ...

Although the laughter is scaring the soccer moms in Panera.

BTW, I ride a Ducati, and don't wave, because your all inferior, or maybe it's because my hand is so cramped I can't get it off the grip. You decide :)

BTW, I ride a Ducati, and don't wave, because your all inferior, or maybe it's because my hand is so cramped I can't get it off the grip. You decide :)

I have a hard time waving on the Ducati for the same reason. Hand cramps, wrists locked up and the possibility that if I take a hand off the bars and hit a bump it may head shake like a fool. The Triumph, yep, I wave to everybody.:rolleyes:

I ride an Electra Glide. and wave at nearly everyone. Sometimes even scooter riders, since they look alot like Crotch Rockets. Regardless, not everyone waves back at me, so don't take it personal. Some people just do not understand the concept of the curtousy. I used to get upset myself, but realized that not everyone is paying attention. Or they just don't care. or think that its somthing "gang related". There are a lot of newer riders that just don't get it!

I ride an Electra Glide. and wave at nearly everyone. Sometimes even scooter riders, since they look alot like Crotch Rockets. Regardless, not everyone waves back at me, so don't take it personal. Some people just do not understand the concept of the curtousy. I used to get upset myself, but realized that not everyone is paying attention. Or they just don't care. or think that its somthing "gang related". There are a lot of newer riders that just don't get it!

A crotch rocket is a dildo. :rolleyes: I think you mean sportbike.

HD riders are bad. But when I'm on the scooter only a very select few of all bike riders will wave.

I will only flip you the bird when I see you on a scooter. :D

I see HD riders that don't wave or acknowledge anyone else but HD riders, but I had one that still makes me mad every time I think of it.

I just got my bike within a week. I go out for a ride and am stopped at a light. I see what looks to me like an older Honda ( I was a few cars deep ) I wave ( I would have waived no matter what ). So the guy looks at me ( older larger guy on a very small bike, Sportster I think ) and get all sorts of upset and then underlines with his hand the Harley Davidson logo on his tank.

That kinda left a bad taste in my mouth for HD owners.

Edited by baggyp

cagers......somebody been readin old Easyriders hahaha

if you wanna wave, wave. if you wanna scratch your balls, scratch

I also like and own an old car and an old truck. everyone driving an older vehicle seems to think I need to wave at them also. I guess owning older stuff qualifies a wave too? I didn't buy my bike, car or truck to be like everyone else. bought them cause THAT'S WHAT I WANTED.

People think i wave but in reality im just stretching. Seriously though I wave because of my father. He has been riding for a long time, and just like I always wear a suit on a plane out of respect for the pilot, something else my pops taught me, I wave to other riders regardless of bike type. If it has two, or 3, wheels and a motor then you get a wave when I can.

I notice that the Harley folks are a lot more likely to wave back if I am riding my wife's Ducati (single headlamp, no fairing) than if I am riding one of my "crotch rockets". I wave at anybody that rides but it does get old fast on a sunny 80 degree Sunday when even the 500 mile a year bikes are out.

I notice that the Harley folks are a lot more likely to wave back if I am riding my wife's Ducati (single headlamp, no fairing) than if I am riding one of my "crotch rockets". I wave at anybody that rides but it does get old fast on a sunny 80 degree Sunday when even the 500 mile a year bikes are out.

So, how many miles a year do you put on your bike?