Spartan V: A Ducati-Powered Featherweight Track Menace

Disclaimer

Spartan V: A Ducati-Powered Featherweight Track Menace

500x_spartan_v.jpg

ENGINE: Ducati 1198S

CAPACITY: 1199cm³

POWER: 170HP

WEIGHT: Less than 300kg

BRAKES: Front & Rear - Wilwood lightweight 300mm ventilated and scalloped rotors, Wilwood 4-piston billet calipers and Wilwood rotor hats

PEDALS: Tilton racing pedal assembly with remote brake bias

WHEELS: 17 x 7 inch lightweight race wheels

TIRES: 205/45 R17

TRANSMISSION: 6-speed sequential

SUSPENSION: Fully adjustable double wishbone front and rear with QA1 adjustable lightweight shock absorbers (OHLINS suspension upgrade available)

STEERING: Woodward Racing quick ratio steering rack and collapsible steering column, Sparco quick release steering hub, Sparco Formula steering wheel

INSTRUMENTS: Ducati 1198 Digitek LCD dash

SEATS: Sparco competition FIA-approved racing seats, Sparco Racing FIA-approved 5 or 6 point harnesses

FINAL DRIVE: Drexler Motorsport Formula chain drive LSD

CHASSIS: Trellis design spaceframe - 350Mpa DOM mild steel tubing with roll-over protection. FIA-approved roll bar optional

BODY: Carbon-fiber

PERFORMANCE: 0-100km/h: 3 seconds

TOP SPEED: 280km/h

PRICE: $90,000AUD

Click the link for more pics.

Thumbs up, or thumbs down?

• Upvote 1

I have my doubts that they can keep the weight to under 700# with a steel tube frame.

This guy is having trouble keeping weight under 900# and he's using a carbon fiber tub. Granted it's using a bigger engine, but not 200# bigger.

http://www.palatov.com/cars/dp1.html

Read the blog on the car here:

http://dpcars.net/

Would it be fun as shit to drive regardless? Fuck yes!

I have my doubts that they can keep the weight to under 700# with a steel tube frame.

This guy is having trouble keeping weight under 900# and he's using a carbon fiber tub. Granted it's using a bigger engine, but not 200# bigger.

http://www.palatov.com/cars/dp1.html

Read the blog on the car here:

http://dpcars.net/

Would it be fun as shit to drive regardless? Fuck yes!

That's AWD. This is not. I'm also willing to bet that little V8 weighs more than the Duc motor.

That is pretty trick.

The ariel atom weighs over 1300lbs and uses an actual car motor and can be made to be street legal. It would be hard to compare this thing to any actual car.

Also, How is it hard to believe the guy kept it under 700lbs. He has probably weighed it. Steel tube frames are not as heavy as you might think, especially when they only need to support a motorcycle engine.

Not saying it's not impressive. Just saying. It's believable.

Edited by vw151

The Xbow and atom are sweet but I have a feeling this thing weighing in at 660lbs would just be on another planet.

Plus, the xbow and atom are burdened with having to be street legal, which adds a lot of weight that does not help the car go faster.

Doesn't the xbow have the VW 2.0T in it? I only think that's cool cause I have a GTI with the same motor.

I always loved the ariel atom top gear review.

topgearatom.jpg

Edited by vw151

+1

3.88 lbs/HP > 7.19 lbs/HP

That's a LOT!

True dat, but I am not sure I believe they can pull off sub 600 pounds with steel...

The X-Bow kicks major ass in the race series they run it in. Pretty neat and in person, way cooler...

I really am interested in the Duc car, but man... I need to win the lottery...