Anyone interested in getting their CCW?

Casper

You do know you can take the class early and wait until you hit 21 to get your license. One of the guys I went with when I did mine said he wanted to bring his 20 year old son but didn't think he was able to. The instructor said he could have come and got his license when he turned 21. I'd call and check on it but I'm pretty sure you can do it early and then get your license after wards.

I never heard of that but I do know the training certificate is good for a certain amount of time, a year or two I think? Don't know off the top of my head.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd have to call Tim and ask him, but I am positive he is still doing the classes and I believe the price is still the same. My wife, her parents, and a few of my friends are going to Tim May 7th for the CCW class. If you want to wait that long I can add you to the list. I am still waiting to hear back from Tim to make sure he can use the range that day. It's an outdoor range and they want to do the class when it is a little warmer outside. I believe he requires at least 10 people to do a class, or you can add in to one of the currently scheduled classes if he has room. Best to call him.

Yea, sure you can add me to the list. I'll give him a call today and see what he says.

I never heard of that but I do know the training certificate is good for a certain amount of time, a year or two I think? Don't know off the top of my head.

It used to be listed as 6 years, to cover your initial license and first renewal. Now its listed as 3 years, and your first renewal is covered by the fact that you have an expired license. After that you require a recert course. 6 years is still the limit for using a DD214 for training. It's not spelled out well in the booklet from the AG, you have to read the ORC for clarification.

If you are interested in the class on May 7th, send me your name and phone number. When it gets closer to the date I'll need to collect half of the class cost and send it to Tim. The other half you will pay after the class is completed.

It used to be listed as 6 years, to cover your initial license and first renewal. Now its listed as 3 years, and your first renewal is covered by the fact that you have an expired license. After that you require a recert course. 6 years is still the limit for using a DD214 for training. It's not spelled out well in the booklet from the AG, you have to read the ORC for clarification.

I knew about the DD214 time frame and using you expired license as your first renewal. Wasn't sure about the training cert because I never got one, I used my DD214.

Hi Guys,

I'm Chief Tim Bostic and yes we still hold classes for $65, we need at least 10 persons and use an otdoor range, normally we don't do many winter classes but just had a class Sunday the 16th for 12 persons.

If you have any questions or want to get a group together let me know.

We will start monthly classes again in mid March, we also offer and advance training class for those wanting more for only $50.

Hi Guys,

I'm Chief Tim Bostic and yes we still hold classes for $65, we need at least 10 persons and use an otdoor range, normally we don't do many winter classes but just had a class Sunday the 16th for 12 persons.

We will start monthly classes again in mid March, we also offer and advance training class for those wanting more for only $50.

Hi Tim. I took your class a year ago. You get nothing but good reviews here.

Question. Do you offer any other state CC training? Such as Utah? We have alot of travelers here and the more covered states we can get the better.

Hi Guys,

Welcome to the site! I'm going to be looking to take the class sometime in the next few months, and you are on my short list of places to take it, based on what many others have said about your class!

we also offer and advance training class for those wanting more for only $50.

Welcome. Like Jagr said, you get nothing but good reviews here. I already have my CHL bu can you tell me what your advanced training class covers? That's something I'd probably be interested in. Thanks Chief.

Hi Guys,

Welcome Chief, I also had your class last year.I'm still thinking about doing the tactical class.

We can do a advance class when weather permits with 10 persons, cover multi-targets, barricade,right-left hand shooting, shooting from ground, lying on your back, over your head etc. At least 100 rounds per person 5-6 hours in length and $50 a person.

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in taking this CCW class sometime. A co-worker of mine wanted me to ask to make sure that i would be able to take the class with a .22 cal pistol. I was planning on using a Walther P22. Would this be an issue with you or any other instructor?

We can do a advance class when weather permits with 10 persons, cover multi-targets, barricade,right-left hand shooting, shooting from ground, lying on your back, over your head etc. At least 100 rounds per person 5-6 hours in length and $50 a person.

I am liking how that sounds Chief. Definitely have to keep this in mind.

It's nice to be able to get info straight from the source.

I'm in. My only problem is that I don't own a weapon yet.