how many glen beck supporters is too many?

magley64

I should have said "families of victims"

That right there is all I was looking for, a correction to your original statement which was false

Does the name calling make you feel better? Therapeutic, maybe? If that's the case, I invite you to call me "jackass" and "liar" when you may find yourself in times of stress. We all know that hysterical ranting and childish name calling can serve to soothe stress and day to day pressures. Cheers!

Yes it does asshole thanks for noticing. :D

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that made me lol.

also, you're left with an interesting outcome for your argument. you say you would fight tooth and nail (my words) to get a debit card to feed your kid, yes? you also make mention of the fact that the buses dont have anywhere to take the displaced, yes? so, that begs the question, where are you going to spend the money for which you just fought? if you are all in the same boat, for what first right are you fighting?

When he was talking about the people getting cards he was referring to those housed in the Astro Dome in Houston.

Cliff's Notes for those too lazy to read this entire thread:

- There were at least 100 people at Glenn Beck's rally, maybe a million or more; no one's really sure.

- Glenn Beck hates some people, but not all people, nor all members of a class of people.

- Some people like Glenn Beck, some people don't, and some don't care/don't know who he is.

- Some people are willing to stand in an orderly line, some aren't.

- CG2112, Vulcan_Rider, Mags, Dorifto, and Justin (JRMMiii) may or may not have a pot-luck dinner get-together in the near future.

Cliff's Notes for those too lazy to read this entire thread:

- There were at least 100 people at Glenn Beck's rally, maybe a million or more; no one's really sure.

- Glenn Beck hates some people, but not all people, nor all members of a class of people.

- Some people like Glenn Beck, some people don't, and some don't care/don't know who he is.

- Some people are willing to stand in an orderly line, some aren't.

- CG2112, Vulcan_Rider, Mags, Dorifto, and Justin (JRMMiii) may or may not have a pot-luck dinner get-together in the near future.

And they left DC clean, unlike most rallies there

Are Glenn Beck and Sarah Palin Cashing in on 9/11?

"I'm just asking questions"

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/opinions/view/opinion/Are-Glenn-Beck-and-Sarah-Palin-Cashing-in-on-911-4961

Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck are rendezvousing in Alaska this Saturday to commemorate 9/11. The event will likely share some similarities to Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally in DC. But with one important difference:

This one costs attendees.
range from a low of $73.75 per person (including taxes and fees) to a high of $225, for a spot in the arena and participation in a 'meet and greet.' There was no indication to whom or what the proceeds will go.

The costly ticket price has some on the left accusing Beck and Palin of profiting off 9/11:

• What's the $$$ For? asks libertarian blogger Doug Mataconis at Outside the Beltway: "Charging for a 9/11 rally does sound odd, although presumably at least a portion of the ticket price is going toward facility rental. Nonetheless, if I was putting out that much money for a political rally I’d want to know where the profits were going."

• Shameful, writes Huffington Post contributor Bob Cesca on his blog: "These people ought to be ashamed on themselves. Unless the proceeds are going to the families of the victims (who Glenn Beck hates), I can't think of anything more gratuitous and shameless -- other than, perhaps, a 'genuine slivers of Ground Zero' mail order business." Lee Fang at Think Progress adds, "In addition to using September 11th as a launching pad to score political points, the right is now using the day to rake in cash."

• Don't Raise a Stink Just Yet, writes Christian Heinze at GOP12: "It seems a bit unseemly to charge for an event like this, but the devil or angel will be in the details of where that money goes."

• This Is a Patriotic Event, writes Sarah Palin on her Facebook page: "We can count on Glenn to make the night interesting and inspiring, and I can think of no better way to commemorate 9/11 than to gather with patriots who will 'never forget.'"