how many glen beck supporters is too many?

magley64

I just provided you the quotes you asked for, that's all I did. I didn't take anything out of context.

But, it's interesting that Beck structures his argument on labeling a group of people first (victims families of 9/11), but backtracks at the end to "only 10", so he doesn't look like as huge of a douchebag -- like it's OK.

You either hate the victims or you don't... if you're gonna say it, own it. If he hates them, fine... say it, give your reasons why, and move on with your opinions. If it's only 10, he should be able to cite examples of those 10... or is it only 10 because those are the only ones he's seen in the media? Would it be 15 if they interviewed 5 more families? Not everyone gets media exposure, so maybe he only hates the ones that are in the media? All that is unclear.

What is clear... is Glenn Beck is a tool.

My bad, not directed at you.

However I agree with him to a point and I think you are right. It is the families that were in the media complaining about what they did or didnt get. If 5 more families came out and started bitching then I would guess he would say 15 instead of 10.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea he almost said he hates the victims of 9/11. Nice try, how about instead of the selective hearing bullshit you speak in fact and not do exactly what you accuse Glenn Beck of doing.

Ouch... Someone is going to need some Aloe Vera after that burn

Yea he almost said he hates the victims of 9/11. Nice try, how about instead of the selective hearing bullshit you speak in fact and not do exactly what you accuse Glenn Beck of doing.

Ouch... Someone is going to need some Aloe Vera after that burn

I just provided you the quotes you asked for, that's all I did. I didn't take anything out of context.

But, it's interesting that Beck structures his argument on labeling a group of people first (victims families of 9/11), but backtracks at the end to "only 10", so he doesn't look like as huge of a douchebag -- like it's OK.

You either hate the victims or you don't... if you're gonna say it, own it. If he hates them, fine... say it, give your reasons why, and move on with your opinions. If it's only 10, he should be able to cite examples of those 10... or is it only 10 because those are the only ones he's seen in the media? Would it be 15 if they interviewed 5 more families? Not everyone gets media exposure, so maybe he only hates the ones that are in the media? All that is unclear.

What is clear... is Glenn Beck is a tool.

So if I don't like a few black, asian, indian, latino or white people because of their behavior now means I don't like any of them? Big jump there. I'll go get you a "jump to conclusions" rug. It's in the closet next to my KKK robes apparently.

And yes, through your bold emphasis you were attempting to focus a readers eye on the sentences you wanted; thus you were presenting them in such a manner as to be out of context.

So if I don't like a few black, asian, indian, latino or white people because of their behavior now means I don't like any of them? Big jump there. I'll go get you a "jump to conclusions" rug. It's in the closet next to my KKK robes apparently.

And yes, through your bold emphasis you were attempting to focus a readers eye on the sentences you wanted; thus you were presenting them in such a manner as to be out of context.

Oh boy... people and there "sense"... sheesh

:rolleyes: Or.... that's exactly how it was copied from the website that I linked it from. Emphasis weren't my own, especially after I explained that I didn't take it out of context. I READ the transcript.

So, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.... balls are back on your chin, I mean, court. :p

Most people who dont like Beck.... have never actually listened to Beck. They only hear sound bites and clips from the liberal commentators who spew hate on the airways.......

I have to admit that I didnt like Beck at first. I didnt get his "smartass" type of humor. I've watched him for a while now and I can honestly say I have never met anyone who is less prejudice than him. He is definitely not a hater..... You may get quotes of him saying anything when he is being a smartass or mocking someone else but thats about it.........

Even someone like Alveda King (Martin Luther's niece) Came out in support of Beck and his message, she even spoke at his Rally........... But I guess she actually took the time to listen to him instead of just listening to all the liberal hate spewing from mainstream TV.

I think what's funny (and what's being missed) is that Glenn Beck's rant wasn't just about how he hates the families of 9/11 victims who complain (or "ask questions") - the context of those statements was a rant about the victims of Katrina who weren't standing in line waiting for relief funds to come in - that was when he started to hate people faster than the families of the 9/11 victims.

He hated the 25,000 Katrina victims because they, after a week without shelter, food or water, did not stand in an orderly line for relief. I can tell you one thing for certain, if my kid hasn't had a meal in a week, I'm not standing at the end of a 25,000 person line, either.

:rolleyes: Or.... that's exactly how it was copied from the website that I linked it from. Emphasis weren't my own, especially after I explained that I didn't take it out of context. I READ the transcript.

So, let he who is without sin cast the first stone.... balls are back on your chin, I mean, court. :p

So even worse than your own original, albeit poor, attempt at misrepresentation; you have to use someone else's poor attempt at misrepresentation?

I had you pegged for an independent thinker, not another liberal sheep...

When your done with my balls on your chin, I mean your court, put your skirt back on; my motorcycle needs washed. :p

I'm not following you there, sportsfan... all I did was post the first few things when I googled "Glenn Beck hates 9/11 victims"

That's all I did, what am I misrepresenting? For the THIRD time, I read the transcript, in context, and posted my thoughts -- or my questions, rather. "I'm just asking the questions"

Maybe you should try watching the show instead of copy and paste someone else's biased interpretation of what he says.

Never mind........... I forgot who I was talking to......... liberal hate runs deep....... lol

Are you slow or maybe illiterate? Seriously? I feel bad for you. :(

Maybe you should try watching the show instead of copy and paste someone else's biased interpretation of what he says.

Never mind........... I forgot who I was talking to......... liberal hate runs deep....... lol

As far as I can tell, the only words being used in this thread were Glenn Beck's own words.

Please don't insult us liberals. Now that Glenn Beck has taken back the civil rights movement, can't we all just get along?

When Glenn Beck first came on the air I was like - Who the fuck is this guy? I thought he was the biggest dickhead in the world. But, like everyone else I had to go through the hate, red hot hate, white hot hate stages before "I got it". I've listened to him, and I can honestly say, almost everyday (I have a desk job, so I can). Do I follow him blindly? NO! Do I hang on every word he says? NO! But I do agree with him on most points, not all but most.

He has openned the nations eyes to alot of things. If it were not for him we'd be socializing with the left wing nuts that are Blobama's followers.

Say what you want about him, but he makes more money than you and I so he must be doing something right!!

And he has higher ratings than any of the liberal nut jobs....... probably all of them combined.

This is true.

Conservatives have a much easier time on both radio and television. I'm not sure exactly the reason (it could have something to do with the fact that it's easier to rile people up with "OMG, terrorists islam death panels communist" than it is with "OMG, uh, give people health care", but what do I know, I'm just guessing).

Truthfully, I listen to Glenn Beck on a semi-daily basis, in my car on the way home from work. It's interesting to listen to. I'm sure that it's interesting to me in different ways than it is his fans, but it's interesting nonetheless. The fact of the matter is, the dude is nuts. From the things we've talked about in here, to his attacks on Obama's name, to taking back the civil rights movement, to his nutso claims that the gay agenda is to tear down churches, to his constant comparisons of everyone and everything to Hitler. He's a nutjob. I'm saying this as someone who listens on a semi-regular basis.

And honestly, if you don't find yourself surprised, or even sometimes disgusted, at the things he says, I gotta wonder if you're really listening.

Say what you want about him, but he makes more money than you and I so he must be doing something right!!

His net worth is nil compared to what bernie madoff made...

Making money =/= quality of content, or quality of character... or much else for that matter.

And as far as "entertainers" are concerned, diddy or will smith have blown becks net worth in a weekend.

Edited by magley64

I think what's funny (and what's being missed) is that Glenn Beck's rant wasn't just about how he hates the families of 9/11 victims who complain (or "ask questions") - the context of those statements was a rant about the victims of Katrina who weren't standing in line waiting for relief funds to come in - that was when he started to hate people faster than the families of the 9/11 victims.

He hated the 25,000 Katrina victims because they, after a week without shelter, food or water, did not stand in an orderly line for relief. I can tell you one thing for certain, if my kid hasn't had a meal in a week, I'm not standing at the end of a 25,000 person line, either.

What is being missed is that you said that he very plainly has stated that he hates the victims of 9/11 which was proven to be completely untrue yet you skim over it like you did not just tell a lie in order to slander him. Isn't that part of what you don't like about him he lies to slander people?

As far as the Katrina victims go I am glad you think rioting and looting is better than waiting for the money that was being handed to them. Aparrently a meal for your kid is more important than your kids safety. Not to mention your kid is more important than any other victim so you better riot and do everything you can to get the money immrdiately even though you will get it no matter what, safety is way over rated anyways. Good call! :rolleyes: