Mid-Ohio Twilight

wendellcrain

I went and did the twilight track day at Mid-Ohio this past Saturday. They treat you pretty good there! Got through tech with out an issue (after re-loctiting my left rearset and putting some more RTV on it). They had some burgers and hotdogs for everyone.

Unfortunately, Mother Nature did not want to cooperate. It didn't stop raining until after 6:00 pm. Went and did two laps that felt like I had skates on both the front and rear. Parked the SV for another half hour. Went back out and was tip-toeing through all the turns. Just went past 10 and was at neutral throttle when the rear made a 6-8 inch lunge to the left. I collected what was left of my wits and proceeded to exit when I got through the next 3 turns. Loaded the trailer and left not too long later.

i didn't get on track until about 7pm or so, i had fresh power 1/race tires on that had 0 miles on them so this wasn't good at all.

i more or less just did sighting laps never really got above 80. i did notice a lot of things about the track that i've never noticed before, like there is a huge farm you can see from the backstraight that i've never seen that was spotlighted by the sun peeking through the clouds, really picturesque scenery when taken in slow.

I think I am going to try to go to the 9/6 date they have. I am going to wait until the last moment I can before signing up. Not going to do any more in the rain. I think I made the smart decision to get off the track when I did, but I can't afford to drop $150 for 3 laps anymore.

I think I am going to try to go to the 9/6 date they have. I am going to wait until the last moment I can before signing up. Not going to do any more in the rain. I think I made the smart decision to get off the track when I did, but I can't afford to drop $150 for 3 laps anymore.

what? so you didn't think those burgers and dogs was worth the 150? lol

i know exactly what you mean, i'm keeping an eye out for the weather for the 6 or 7 event.

Yea i decided that i will wait till i get there to pay. I was there but never even attempted to even go out. At one point they even said track was closed do to running water. I dont see y they wont let you change your date if something that happens. I talk to a couple instructors and they werent even going to go out. Iam going to try and go the sep 18th twilight and try it again just not pre paying this time

lol.

Until I noticed that this thread was in "trackdays" and not "pics and vids" I was thinking it was going to be a parody of the Twilight movies, based in Ohio...

man-card fail...

I watched the first one, just to be nice to the wife. :o I really liked the parody picture with Blade (Wesley Snipes) in the background with his sword.

I watched the first one, just to be nice to the wife. :o I really liked the parody picture with Blade (Wesley Snipes) in the background with his sword.

Just to be nice to the wife? I negotiate. Watching the latest one on bootleg DVD over the weekend got me road-head on the way home from DC.

Seeing the second one in the theater would have gotten me a back-door pass, but my sister-in-law had to fuck that up by being available to see it with my wife. I've gotta clue the sister-in-law's boyfriend in on how this works...