Looking for a phone app to block calls.

DTM Brian

I am with Sprint I have a Blackberry Curve. I believe it is called a 8530. The sales rep at Sprint told me there was an app I could download that allows me to block both calls and text messages from any cell phone provider. Looking to block a verizon number and text messages.

Thanks.

Sprint should be able to do that for you.

Negative Ghost Rider. This was told to me by two different customer service calls. I am google as we speak looking for a solution. How cool would be to have a pre recorded message come and say "HEY FUCK YOU I DO NOT WANT TO TALK TO YOU"

Just Saying.....

Iblacklist is an app available for the iphone. I dunno if its available for yours or not. You can set up custom messages. I used to have mine say..

"I'm sorry, the number you are trying to reach is either out of service, or has been disconnected. Please try again later, and thank you for using AT&T"

It confused a lot of people..it was great!

google voice and youmail are two options, ive used both. one thing that youmail has that google voice doesnt is that you can set some prerecorded greetings based on caller ID. it can disconnect the call, tell them the number doesnt work anymore or choose from there dozens of options telling the caller to fuck off

Easy/free way to block SMS/MMS/PIN messages:

(on the BlackBerry device):

- Take her (I'm assuming) out of your address book

- click Options

- click Security

- click Firewall

in the Firewall section:

- click the SMS, MMS, and PIN boxes so there's a checkmark in them

- click the Address book contacts box in the "Except messages from" section

hit the back button (the one to the right of the trackball), choose Save, and you're done.

Realize that you won't get any SMS, etc. messages unless the person's already in your address book. Might not be a perfect solution, but should tide you over 'till the restraining order is on the books.

I've found many references to iBerry White/Black List on teh intarwebs as a phone and message blocking app - however, half the people seem to think it's great, the other half think they wasted their money, so I cannot recommend it to you.

Easy/free way to block SMS/MMS/PIN messages:

(on the BlackBerry device):

- Take her (I'm assuming) out of your address book

- click Options

- click Security

- click Firewall

in the Firewall section:

- click the SMS, MMS, and PIN boxes so there's a checkmark in them

- click the Address book contacts box in the "Except messages from" section

hit the back button (the one to the right of the trackball), choose Save, and you're done.

Realize that you won't get any SMS, etc. messages unless the person's already in your address book. Might not be a perfect solution, but should tide you over 'till the restraining order is on the books.

I've found many references to iBerry White/Black List on teh intarwebs as a phone and message blocking app - however, half the people seem to think it's great, the other half think they wasted their money, so I cannot recommend it to you.

That will really screw him when new customers are trying to call him but cant get through because they are not in his address book.

Google Voice will work IF she's (I'm assuming again) calling the Google Voice number. Since the calls are coming into his regular cell number...

If you keep her in your address book, you can set up an exception for her so that the phone doesn't ring/vibrate when she calls/texts:

- click Profiles

- scroll to the 'active' profile and click the menu button (to the left of the trackball, with the BlackBerry "dots" logo on it

- choose New Exception

- type a name in the Title field ("ignore bitch", whatever - it doesn't matter)

- in the From filed, click the trackball, choose Add Name, find and choose her

- scroll down until the Ringer field to the right of Custom Phone Tune is highlighted

- click the Ringer field, then press M on the keyboard (should take you to Mute)

- click the trackball to select

- click the back button

- click Save

IF you use more than one profile, these steps will need to be repeated for each profile.

That will really screw him when new customers are trying to call him but cant get through because they are not in his address book.

Only blocks messaging, not phone calls.

Just trying to give the man free options. I just posted up a different way to attack the problem.

I am also thinking Google Voice may be an option for me.
Google Voice is the way to go.

Google voice is only gonna work for you if the person you are trying to block doesn't ALREADY have your number.

You'd have to start giving out your Google number and NOT your cell number. Have the Google number ring into your cell.

But like I said, if the person already has your cell number and Sprint won't block it for you then it sounds like you're a bit screwed.

Probably gonna have to change your number.

With google voice you can do custom voicemail greetings to any specified number, and you can send specific numbers directly to voice mail.

So when she calls she can be sent staight to voicemail and the message can tell her to go fuck herself

Easier option is to stop dating goofy bitches

With google voice you can do custom voicemail greetings to any specified number, and you can send specific numbers directly to voice mail.

So when she calls she can be sent staight to voicemail and the message can tell her to go fuck herself

Easier option is to stop dating goofy bitches

Problem with Google Voice is she'd have to call the Google Voice number and not his cell, right?