Christian Sport Bike Assoc August 21st Ride

JCMathis

Whenever you want to trade, let's talk...LoL!...............

Actually, I'd love to! I will not be at the next ride on Sept 18 as I am taking the MSF Advanced Rider Course in Troy Ohio. This is is the re-named Military Sportbike Course. I hope it will be much better than the ERC - which was not very good overall for what I was needing. But, never hurts to have more training, eh? And, it's only $25 for the whole day! I'll catch up to y'all on the October ride if not earlier.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I finally made it home after hitting that nice little down pour right out side of Newark on 161. I want to say thank you to all my brothers who made it out. I really enjoyed the trip. I'm officially a "city boy." Those curves on 60 were a trip. It may be a while for me to do that again. My rear end is still puckered and stuck to the seat.

I want send to a big "shout-out" to Ben aka danballa. He was extremely patient with me. I couldn't have made it without him. So Thank You very much Ben. Trust me, I know there were a few places where you just wanted to take off. Next time lunch is on me.

And Thank You to all of YOU. No one made me feel stupid, "slow" or out of place based on my skill level. This was truly a wonderful fellowship and new found brotherhood.

Don't know what else to say, but thank God everyone made it back safe.

Till we meet again.

Speed comes with a lot of riding and riding with guys that are willing to help you. Which is what you have here at Ohio riders. Before to long you will be waiting on the slower bikes

AWESOME RIDE !!!! and the hospitality and ride leading by John...mine is 508.8 miles door to door but 300 of that is I-71...:( but still the rest 200 is a winna...

Nice meeting all of you guys.....I reached home braving the torrential downpour just after 5 PM.......at one point @ 4th I slid/hydroplane the rear tire to pass a vehicle....but still kept the shiny side up......:D

This is short safe home message will post the cellphone pics.....:o

I am so glad that all of you enjoyed the ride. It is my pleasure to find and lead all of you on the best possible rides that I can. Next month I may need to do it a different weekend though since I will be out of town the 3rd weekend.

Another good ride John. The second half was fun. Ben, was mighty nice of you to put yourself out there like you did.

Looking forward to next month, hopefully I have my front tire replaced by then. It starting to cup and wear down pretty good.

Great to meet some new faces. Glad everyone , especially the Kats, make it through without major incident.

Another good ride John. The second half was fun. Ben, was mighty nice of you to put yourself out there like you did.

Looking forward to next month, hopefully I have my front tire replaced by then. It starting to cup and wear down pretty good.

Great to meet some new faces. Glad everyone , especially the Kats, make it through without major incident.

I was noticing that front tire before we left the church this morning. I am sure it looks much worse now.

Ya know, I thought that things was pretty well shot when the rear went through to cords on you! I'm surprised you made it this long!

I think it's now official that Coshocton Katana curse is gone......good job fellas

I wouldn't go that far! We didn't really go on the Katana killer curves this trip. I wonder if that was intentional during the original route mapping?

I wouldn't go that far! We didn't really go on the Katana killer curves this trip. I wonder if that was intentional during the original route mapping?

Nope, not intentional. We actually did go through one of the curves but we went the opposite direction so it was not as blind.

Here are a few pics from my phone from yesterdays ride.

17a39c51.jpg%20cd126ec1.jpg%209e80b269.jpg%2031ec0423.jpg%2053eea8f8.jpg%2059b40544.jpg

th_17a39c51.jpg

This is the forecast of yesterdays ride 90min before we started. It actually waited until we were in Newark (pretty much end of the ride) before it started to rain. We only got wet on the way home, so still very enjoyable.

OK this the acknowledgment and participation info:D

JCManthis (the Cheif, thanks for everything)

danballa (for watching us upfront, and sacrificing some fun for the group safety and putting all of us together....this is a very serious role :bow:

...and great riding with you alll.....goodtimes......really goodtimes !!!

1000rrrider

cbrbrent

Tarr

Racer87

jporter12

chevysoldier

Xfader

Chris

Scott

Jason (I am amazed by that kid how he rode in the freeway with the torrential rain in a tshirt, no helmet, even took off his sunglasses :eek:, needless to say I was damn nervous seeing him on 60 and 541 in that costume, he is a good rider...eveyrthing, I understand but please atleast a helmet :facepalm:)

Kosmo

PhilS(thanks for sending us off, nice meeting you as well)

Please put the names I missed, they are not on the board and I am bad with names :o

Edited by Kosmo
My Bad

Nope, not intentional. We actually did go through one of the curves but we went the opposite direction so it was not as blind.

Yeah, I recognized it right away. Slowed down just in case a Kat when down. Thankfully that didn't happen.

That curve is interesting in both directions, but the way we were goin gon it was definately better.

I think I like it better the other way, except for the fact you tend to look at the house.