Christian Sport Bike Assoc August 21st Ride

JCMathis

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weather Update: It looks like there is a very big front making its way to Central Ohio. It is expected to reach the area around mid day. Does anyone know how long this ride is going to be?

http://weather.weatherbug.com/OH/Columbus-weather/local-radar/doppler-radar.html?zcode=z6286&map_id=90

leave time is 9:00. It's a short ride..200 miles Should be a short day

one has already canceled..so now it's a +3 day at best

So far so good. If we get this done early enough, we should stay dry. Trying to find my rain gear. Anyone have Hefty Bag?

So far so good. If we get this done early enough, we should stay dry. Trying to find my rain gear. Anyone have Hefty Bag?

Hefty bag! Ha.. You made me laugh.

Still no news and no show on the 3 new guys. I'm headin out in 5 min.. So they better hurry! Kids these days... Never on time!

I had fun today! It was good meeting a few more people! Unless somebody lost it slabbing it home, everyone stayed shiny side up! The weather was good, at least until heading back from 79! The cloud cover kept the temperature down nicely. I hit rain pretty much right after breaking off from the group, stopped and visited with a cousin that I haven't talked to in a while (he had a 500 pretty much just like mine, but back in 84!) and rode in the rain about 1/3 of the way home. I forgot to look at the trip meter, but I think I'm right around 200 miles for the day.

Today was the first group ride I've taken the Interceptor on, and it went well! I'm getting the feel for it, and what gear I need to be in for the conditions, and also realizing how worn out the suspension is! It's still a fun bike!

I hope everyone made it home just fine!

It was a great ride. Started out slow but once we got past MT Vernon it got much better. We had 14 bikes and there were a couple katanas and none went down. One failed to get gas when we all filled up so he ran out coming down 79 but it was right by a station so he lucked out. Thanks to everyone that showed up. I am looking forward to the next ride.

Awesome trip again! I had a blast. The 4 of us from Marysville all made it home safely. Had a little rain, but nothing too bad..at least for those of us with helmets! Darn Squids!!

It was great meeting some new people...Food was really good..temps weren't bad at all, and the roads were gravel free. It was a great day! Thanks to everyone that came out..and for those that didn't..I hope to see you on next months ride!

I still absolutely LOVE that Airhawk seat cushion I have. It is nothing but Pure comfort! Pulled into my garage at 301 miles..but that's including a little trip to delaware, then back to marysville to pick up some people that were running late. Normal route would have been about 200.

Thanks for all the planning, scheduling, and leading you do for us every month Mr. Fearless leader JCMathis. (who actually called me a Hooligan!!!)

Well, I finally made it home after hitting that nice little down pour right out side of Newark on 161. I want to say thank you to all my brothers who made it out. I really enjoyed the trip. I'm officially a "city boy." Those curves on 60 were a trip. It may be a while for me to do that again. My rear end is still puckered and stuck to the seat.

I want send to a big "shout-out" to Ben aka danballa. He was extremely patient with me. I couldn't have made it without him. So Thank You very much Ben. Trust me, I know there were a few places where you just wanted to take off. Next time lunch is on me.

And Thank You to all of YOU. No one made me feel stupid, "slow" or out of place based on my skill level. This was truly a wonderful fellowship and new found brotherhood.

Don't know what else to say, but thank God everyone made it back safe.

Till we meet again.

Shawn

AKA

Xfader

Awesome trip again! I had a blast. The 4 of us from Marysville all made it home safely. Had a little rain, but nothing too bad..at least for those of us with helmets! Darn Squids!!

It was great meeting some new people...Food was really good..temps weren't bad at all, and the roads were gravel free. It was a great day! Thanks to everyone that came out..and for those that didn't..I hope to see you on next months ride!

I still absolutely LOVE that Airhawk seat cushion I have. It is nothing but Pure comfort! Pulled into my garage at 301 miles..but that's including a little trip to delaware, then back to marysville to pick up some people that were running late. Normal route would have been about 200.

Thanks for all the planning, scheduling, and leading you do for us every month Mr. Fearless leader JCMathis. (who actually called me a Hooligan!!!)

Yes, thank you JCMathis. Your hard work really paid off for me. I was 200 miles of pure white knuckle fun. Can't wait to see where you guys go next. See you then.

Well short ride for me (and my wife), but it was by design. Great to hear y'all made it through and back ok. And, Shawn, I hear ya on how you feel. I love the group dynamics, the rides, and the outstanding organization. As well, I imagine guys have wanted to run me over, but we all stick together - very well done and much appreciated.

Also, I really like the 650 you have - very cool bike.........

Phil

Well short ride for me (and my wife), but it was by design. Great to hear y'all made it through and back ok. And, Shawn, I hear ya on how you feel. I love the group dynamics, the rides, and the outstanding organization. As well, I imagine guys have wanted to run me over, but we all stick together - very well done and much appreciated.

Also, I really like the 650 you have - very cool bike.........

Phil

Thank Phil. It is my baby now and I hope to keep her clean and up right for as long as I own her. Whenever you want to trade, let's talk...LoL!

Hey next time, maybe you and I can stick it out together. The scenery was great from my point of view... not just a blur... still very cool.

I want send to a big "shout-out" to Ben aka danballa. He was extremely patient with me. I couldn't have made it without him. So Thank You very much Ben. Trust me, I know there were a few places where you just wanted to take off. Next time lunch is on me.

No worries at all man. I am truly just happy to be out there at all. Speed doesn't really matter to me. I truly just feel blessed that I am able to ride at all. Believe me, I am more then happy to stay back there and keep you company. It keeps me out of trouble, and helps me stay safe. The vast majority of the rides I go on, I tend to ride behind the slowest person.

I am happy that you had fun, and it sounds like you want to ride with us again, which is Awesome! That's what it is all about!

CSBA rides are awesome. Our fearless leader always makes sure no one gets left behind. I've heard some people that are kind of new to riding, say they are scared to ride with this group. Hopefully reading your testimony will change some peoples minds. No one gets left behind, and no one is made fun of for going at a slower pace. CSBA rides, (at least in my opinion..John might correct me here though) are about having Fun while still being Safe, and enjoying the company of your fellow bikers! Spread the word!

Oh yeah..it's also about scaring innocent people on the sidewalks with loud exhaust revving!! Ha that was funny

Edited by danballa