San Francisco Cops Shut Down Kids' Lemonade Stand

Casper

Fact of the matter is he cant force the ice cream vendors to leave without following the same rules for the kids.

Laws are laws and must be followed no matter what age. I agree with what he did.

"How can you tell the ice cream carts to leave and then let some people sell other things?" asks Dangerfield. "Just because they're kids they shouldn't get a free pass, you know?"

Fact of the matter is he cant force the ice cream vendors to leave without following the same rules for the kids.

Laws are laws and must be followed no matter what age. I agree with what he did.

"How can you tell the ice cream carts to leave and then let some people sell other things?" asks Dangerfield. "Just because they're kids they shouldn't get a free pass, you know?"

Come on, Flounder.

You cant hang out here and believe things are black and white.

All the cool kids know that life is shades of gray.

I hate all cops...except for the one i know...and i barely like him ;)

If this stand wasnt making money...I'm sure it would be still operating. Since the mafia....errrr....i mean government cant tax it, then it's going down! :p

So now we get pissed when the rules are applied consistently?

Mods and friends get away with bullshit, but I don't. Mexicans can't sell food, but kids can!

Retarded, and not even news worthy

Edited by wrillo
Excuse my typo

So now we get pissed when the rules aren't applied consistently?

Mods and friends get away with bullshit, but I don't. Mexicans can't sell food, but kids can!

And the lightbulb goes on....

They were all at/around the San Francisco Symphony event at Dolores Park. The cop sounds like he knows its silly, and didn't want to do it, but he couldn't run the mexicans off and turn a blind eye to the kids. He was doing his job, and you guys are getting upset about it?

edit: This could have easily been "Illegal Mexican ice cream vendor wins multi-million dollar lawsuit against San Francisco Police Department for Discrimination". Now THAT would be something to get pissed about.

Edited by wrillo

He didn't go there to run off kids. He was more likely on patrol, shutdown the ice cream vendors, then notice the kids selling food across the damn street. Its not sad. Its fair, and its LIFE. Consider it a good lesson on life for the kids, no one is special or above the law.

Another good headline would have been about people getting sick because someones' lazy mommy didn't wash the brownie pan well enough, or mexicans were using bacteria infected dairy products to make their ice cream.

If they were set up and selling at that mentioned event, I would be inclined to agree, but I see no harm in a kid setting up a little stand at their home on the front lawn. Sign of the times...
So now we get pissed when the rules are applied consistently?

They were all at/around the San Francisco Symphony event at Dolores Park. The cop sounds like he knows its silly, and didn't want to do it, but he couldn't run the mexicans off and turn a blind eye to the kids. He was doing his job, and you guys are getting upset about it?

edit: This could have easily been "Illegal Mexican ice cream vendor wins multi-million dollar lawsuit against San Francisco Police Department for Discrimination". Now THAT would be something to get pissed about.

i agree with all of the above

Stand was being operated illegally, period, end of story. The only reason people have a problem with this is because it was a kid and when it comes to kids logic goes out the door and people think only with emotion. Had this been a 40 year old selling brownies and lemonade and the cops shut him or her down no one would give a shit. The cop did his job, quit bitching.

all of this "enforce the law consistently" stuff is what causes kids to get expelled from school for having a butter knife.

well the rules say no knives. they dont make an exception for butter knives. and rules are rules... sorry bout it. :rolleyes:

people need to use a little more discretion i think.

another question: is a kid selling lemonade a business?

all of this "enforce the law consistently" stuff is what causes kids to get expelled from school for having a butter knife.

well the rules say no knives. they dont make an exception for butter knives. and rules are rules... sorry bout it. :rolleyes:

Then there should be an exception to the rule. Butter knives allowed. If parents and teachers would teach the kids common sense, respect and personal responsibility, half this shit would be avoided. But little johnny's mom whined when johnny took a swiss army knife in and got in trouble but little sarah didn't get in trouble for a butter knife.

false comparison is false. What you are referring to is the "zero tolerance" rules for schools that aren't reviewable by anyone except for the school board normally comprised of a group of shrill harpies who encase their children in no less than 6 inches of bubble wrap at all times. Under these rules (and using your example), irrespective of the circumstances surrounding it, if someone brought a butter knife to school they would be expelled. End of story. Consistent enforcement would be if two people brought butter knives to school they would be asked to remove them from school premises, as the cop asked both food stand people to leave the premises.

I feel more sorry for the officer than I do for the kid. She'll get over it' date=' but he has to go back to work for a system that pretends to help people. Policing isn't always gun fights are car chases. Sometimes you have to ruin a little girl's day... or shoot a dog in the head. It's a shit job and I'm glad it's not mine.

That said... permits for street vending is retarded.[/quote']

i dont mind permits for street vending...better than someone in a ragged cart selling burgers filled with e-coli or something...they gotta keep some kind of control over things

Yeah.. the government does a great job at walking vendor to vendor and inspecting carts. :facepalm:

It's all about the money. It has nothing to do with keeping your stomach from launching half-rotten wieners into the atmosphere.

are you saying they dont care about me? I haz a sad now.