Up to 16 yrs in jail for videotaping police officer... now that's some bullshit

Casper

So doing whoolies is grounds for a drawn gun. Also grounds for not making it known immediately he was a cop.

You say you think he knew right away he was a cop. If that was so, why would he continue to back up?

in addition to the wheelies, he was tripling the speed limit, making improper lane changes, and who knows what else precipitated the blast down the freeway.

What was the situation PRIOR to the unmarked car pulling him over (he hardly "cut him off" - they were practically stopped when he ducked in front of him)? What did the marked car call in over the radio? Did the rider match the description of a felony suspect?

I don't think he "continued to back up". I think he had problems holding the bike in one spot. If he was REALLY concerned that the "guy with the gun" intended to do him harm, he'd have dropped the bike getting out of the way.

in addition to the wheelies, he was tripling the speed limit, making improper lane changes, and who knows what else precipitated the blast down the freeway.

According to this article he was cited for 80 in a 65... Even if he was going faster I very highly doubt that he was going 195mph. Not saying that he was being the most responsible rider but come on now triple the speed limit??

In early March, Anthony Graber, a 25-year-old staff sergeant for the Maryland Air National Guard, was humming a tune while riding his two-year-old Honda motorcycle down Interstate 95, not far from his home north of Baltimore. On top of his helmet was a camera he often used to record his journeys. The camera was rolling when an unmarked gray sedan cut him off as he stopped behind several other cars along Exit 80.

From the driver's side emerged a man in a gray pullover and jeans. The man, who was wielding a gun, repeatedly yelled at Graber, ordering him to get off his bike. Only then did Maryland State Trooper Joseph D. Uhler identify himself as "state police" and holster his weapon. Graber, who'd been observed popping a wheelie while speeding, was cited for doing 80 in a 65 mph zone. Graber accepted his ticket, which he says he deserved.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/15/AR2010061505556.html

What was the situation PRIOR to the unmarked car pulling him over (he hardly "cut him off" - they were practically stopped when he ducked in front of him)? What did the marked car call in over the radio? Did the rider match the description of a felony suspect?

I don't think he "continued to back up". I think he had problems holding the bike in one spot. If he was REALLY concerned that the "guy with the gun" intended to do him harm, he'd have dropped the bike getting out of the way.

Hardly cut him off? Maybe you should go back and watch that video again. The bike was still moving forward when the car got in front of the bike stopping forward motion. Cut off. He didn't flip on his lights and siren to "pull him over" He restricted the bikers forward area.

And couldn't hold the bike? How many feet did he back up? It's not like he was trying to start on a hill and rolled back a foot before moving forward.

Yeah a gun pointed at the ground is common police procedure. But most people are gonna freak when some guys gets out of a car and has a gun out. First instinct for most people is the flight part of "flight or fight"

According to this article he was cited for 80 in a 65... Even if he was going faster I very highly doubt that he was going 195mph. Not saying that he was being the most responsible rider but come on now triple the speed limit??

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/06/15/AR2010061505556.html

Good catch.

Was the cop over the top? Probably. However, none of it would have happened had he been riding responsibly.

Actions have consequences. You shitheads here seem miss that most of the time.

I haven't heard anyone argue that he shouldn't have been pulled over. Did I miss that somewhere?

Actually, the whole civil liberties issue has to do with the recording, not whether he should have been pulled over. If being pulled over was being argued, why would he have the video intact showing his whoolie?

I think ole eagle eyes is missing part of the picture.

I haven't heard anyone argue that he shouldn't have been pulled over. Did I miss that somewhere?

Actually, the whole civil liberties issue has to do with the recording, not whether he should have been pulled over. If being pulled over was being argued, why would he have the video intact showing his whoolie?

I think ole eagle eyes is missing part of the picture.

Yeah, no one has said he shouldn't have been pulled over. But what you, Todd, are saying is it doesn't matter what the cop did. It's the rider's fault for riding dumb. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Yeah, no one has said he shouldn't have been pulled over. But what you, Todd, are saying is it doesn't matter what the cop did. It's the rider's fault for riding dumb. Two wrongs don't make a right.

No, I'm not saying that what the cop did was right.

I'm saying that if the rider wasn't acting stupid NONE of it would have happened.

Don't want to end up in shitty situations? Don't act like an idiot.

Gawd' date=' you're dumb. :nono:[/quote']

Now you see what I have to put up with everyday at work! :nono:

I'm saying that if the rider wasn't acting stupid NONE of it would have happened.

Right, I think we get that, but everyone has broken a traffic law, except you. Some of us just haven't been caught.

The cop was doing his job, and the right thing by pulling the guy over, it's just the way he acted, ans the fact that the camera caught it that's an isue.

The problem is that he should have come out of the car with badge displayed instead of his gun. The bike wasn't able to go anywhere at that point anyway.

Riding like that in traffic is idiotic, but the situation was handled really poorly. The only difference between these 2 idiots is that one was just having a little fun, the other had a state-sanctioned chip on his shoulder that he is obviously itching to use, even off duty.

Yeah just like it's the girls fault for what happened to her. She shouldn't have dressed slutty. :rolleyes:

Yeah just like it's the girls fault for what happened to her. She shouldn't have dressed slutty. :rolleyes:

We love some slutty dressed girls.... especially the ones that show their bewbies :D

Ok back on topic

Edited by tyler524
damn auto correct on my phone

Damn hippies of the ACLU are clowns. They should just shut the hell up and let the guy take his 16 years for breaking the law.

While I don't necessarily like/agree with the ACLU.... you have got to be ducking kidding me to let him go to prison for video taping a cop in public. The public armed with video is one of the best ways to prevent/discourage misconduct and abuse of power.

I didn't say rape. And you'RE the one that said it's the riders fault for why the cop did what he did.

Fixed.

Don't bother trying to explain anything to that guy, he know's it all, and is perfect.

Edited by jporter12
spelling