Dunlop Q2's for $200 shipped is boss

jbot

Hai gaiz

I was searching teh interwebz for tire deals since I'm going through tires a bit faster than I thought I was going to. I started with 2 sets of BT016's, 1 set of pilot powers, 1 set of powers 2CT, and whatever the bikes had on at the moment, and i'm already down to just my 2ct's now. that is NOT boss.

but I did find that they had a set of Dunlop Q2's shipped for $200. From what I've read about the tires and pricing info from people that sell them, that IS boss.

so without further ado:

http://www.motomummy.com/store/product.php?productid=18416&cat=0&page=1

I guess they've had this deal for a while, but I just found out about it, so fuck you don't judge me.

since i ordered 2 sets, i welcome peoples' thoughts about the tires. I plan to use them pretty much at the track on my 600rr.

urgh... my stock tires were Dunlop.. hated those things.

When I have money? I'm poor for the next week, stupid bills.

I actually love my Dunlop Roadsmart. Long lasting and sticky enough for me in the corners. I just make you look like Rossi cuz im a newb. :p

so far i've only tried Pirelli corsa III and bstone bt016 on the track. on the street, i've tried (in addition to those) conti road attack, pilot power, and avon viper avs or something like that. All were great tires, i thought. some lasted longer than others though. not very helpful feedback, sorry lol.

I'm buying these for the track bike since that seems to be the vast majority of my riding anymore, so I'm hoping these will grip as well as the bt016 and last longer (the 016s lasted 8 track days at whatever snails pace i'm running in intermediate).

i also wanted to note that sportbike tire time has a branch called sportbike tire service and they sell pilot powers and 2ct's for pricing that's pretty darn close (as well as power ones and pures and slicks and motard tires). The PP's are $198 shipped and the 2ct's are $221 or something like that, so if you like those better, that is also damn cheap.

Wish I knew where I could get Corsa III's for cheap again... last time i bought them, they had a thing where you buy a rear and get a front for free. It ended up being like $175 shipped for a set... pimptastic. I think it was a similar deal for metzelers and avons.

Hrmmm... I wonder how those are in the wet. The blue biatch will need tarz soon' date=' but they need to be "twisty, wetty, mileagy... friendly".[/quote']

duane said the pirelli angel ST's were dericious. and you can pop on one of my several corsa III front take offs. that setup will last you a while. he had like 2500 miles or something like that on his when i saw it and they looked brand new. like, you could still see that painted line they have down the middle, even.

just not sure if mixing the front corsa iii and rear angel st will mess you up or not.

duane said the pirelli angel ST's were dericious. and you can pop on one of my several corsa III front take offs. that setup will last you a while. he had like 2500 miles or something like that on his when i saw it and they looked brand new. like, you could still see that painted line they have down the middle, even.

just not sure if mixing the front corsa iii and rear angel st will mess you up or not.

Let us know how the Q2s work out for you.

Also, how did you like the Corsa III's? Last a while?

I need new skins soon, my qualifiers are old, either thinking the Corsa III or Q2

Let us know how the Q2s work out for you.

Also, how did you like the Corsa III's? Last a while?

I need new skins soon, my qualifiers are old, either thinking the Corsa III or Q2

i'm sure neither will last very long in terms of miles. in terms of track days, they're definitely better at my pace than say... race tires or even "more sporty" tires.

I'm gettin' me sets. I'm tired of paying the Stealership for the "latest and greatest" The only thing I'm wearing out is the center tread anyhow.

if you're wearing out the center, i'd consider a different tire... like the angel ST or some other sport touring tire. i doubt these will do better than like 4k miles, whereas sport touring tires might get you 8-10k? i dunno much about them. i do remember that my diablo stradas lasted quite a while... at least 5-6k.