bikes to discuss

Hoblick

I have a thing for the Roadstar Warrior. I will own one.

lol me too i always liked them..

i love that its air cooled, belt drive, big honkin motor sittin in there

they are the best sounded metric cruiser style bike by far

i test rode a warrior a while back (first and last cruiser i test rode, not because i didn't like it but because i never had a chance to ride one after that) and i thought it was weird to sit in. but it moved around just fine, and other than being heavy, i thought it was fun to ride. i could see the appeal.

the duc 748 is a fantastic bike. uncomfy, but fantastic. and it's a looker. not great for power but i think it handles great. i'm basing this off my 1 ride from pauly's gemma and my 998S.

no comment on nightster cause i never rode one. it looks cool and is comfy to sit on.

06+ r6, never rode but people who ride them at the track love them. at least, the newer ones.

Yamaha Roadstar Warrior 1700

Ducati 748

Harley Nightster

06+ R6

if teh "roadster warrior" is a variation of the "midnight warrior," I like the look. I'm not a big cruiser fan, but if I were to buy, the Warrior would be top of my list.

748 - eh... expensive, but they handle great. Underwhelming power for what you get. A flashy but uncomfortable street bike, or an expensive track bike that gets out-motored by cheaper rides.

no idea what a nightster is, and I'm not going to Harley-bash out of sheer ignorance.

'06+ R6's aren't completely identical. I'd try to get '08+ if possible. there just seem to be minor problems that pop up more often on the '06/07 models. That might just be them getting older, but it might not...

Great track bikes though. You couldn't pay me to ride one on the street (ok that's a lie); just way too uncomfortable, and you'd never get out of 2nd gear... I've yet to see anyone buy an R6 track bike and then decide "yeah, that was a bad decision." I've seen that happen with some other bikes believe it or not. Sold within a few months of purchase; usually to buy an R6.

My next track bike will be an R6, unless I find a truly insane deal on a late model GSXR. Love the Honda's, but they're just not easy to set up for cheap. World Supersport, yes. WERA expert class, no.

'06+ R6's aren't completely identical. I'd try to get '08+ if possible. there just seem to be minor problems that pop up more often on the '06/07 models. That might just be them getting older, but it might not...

Great track bikes though. You couldn't pay me to ride one on the street (ok that's a lie); just way too uncomfortable, and you'd never get out of 2nd gear... I've yet to see anyone buy an R6 track bike and then decide "yeah, that was a bad decision." I've seen that happen with some other bikes believe it or not. Sold within a few months of purchase; usually to buy an R6.

My next track bike will be an R6, unless I find a truly insane deal on a late model GSXR. Love the Honda's, but they're just not easy to set up for cheap. World Supersport, yes. WERA expert class, no.

Opinion, I think. I've never been more comfortable on any bike besides my R6, and I'm 6'3" (if that means anything). It used to be my primary mode of transportation, as well. The 2nd gear thing is hit or miss, imo. I usually ride in higher gears to save gas, plus I have this weird tick that makes me want to keep the bike from revving at the same RPM for too long....

When I was bike shopping last year a Nightster was on the list.

Test rode one (might have been an 883 Iron) during demo days at C&A, also the XR1200. Liked 'em both, but not enough to beat the deal I got on my Half-a-busa. The Nightster could use more rear suspension travel if you plan on riding it further than to Bike Night and back.

I think demo days at C&A are the middle of next month, if you're so inclined.

pretty accurate here, the 06 had bearing issues that were resolved in 07. 08 i think is the best year by far because in 09+ they were stiffed with emissions which caused yamaha to cut back on power with the ecu, of course a reflash at jett-tuning in cali would solve that problem. but out of the box, i would have to vote for 08.

Eddie Kraft (pretty much dominates teh 600 and 750 classes in WERA) said they had problems with the steering stem nut(?) coming loose on teh 2010 bike; a problem they never had on the '09 model.

he's also putting more track laps on the bike than most people, but a lot fewer miles total.

im sure we can find some problems with other bikes instead of focusing on the R6... lol

:lol:

Be proud of your stuff. I would have snagged that red R6 off you had it been around when I was looking. Helluva deal on a nice bike.

Yamaha Roadstar Warrior 1700

Harley Nightster

One of these two for sure. Honestly, I would say the Roadstar. It is more of a cross over like mine. I like the Nightster, I just don't think you will stay happy with it.

You have the CBR for going fast and having fun, I would look now for something you can still have some fun on while being a little more comfortable and relaxed.

Plus, with either one of these, you can be super cool while riding with Eden and I. :D

pretty accurate here, the 06 had bearing issues that were resolved in 07. 08 i think is the best year by far because in 09+ they were stiffed with emissions which caused yamaha to cut back on power with the ecu, of course a reflash at jett-tuning in cali would solve that problem. but out of the box, i would have to vote for 08.

Spot on with this comment. 08 is the best.

For your choices listed, it depends on what your riding style is.

For track, I'd lean toward R6. Best Track bike on your list, and plenty of upgrades available.

The Duck is sweet. Underpowered? maybe, but on the corners, you'd be fine.

Not much into the other bikes. But again it depends on what your purpose is.

i Love my Warrior! Handles great and the power is awesome. Believe me, the Warrior is 100 X better then a Nightster. more power and better handling. If you like the nightster look, get a Midnight Warrior. like mine.

If your every in my area, don't hesitate to come check it out. Take it for a spin.

DSCN1685_2.jpg