Warrant to Convey?

Fonzie

You said he was arrested for OVI High Test (above 1.7) and felony hit skip. I say FUCK HIM!! The felony hit skip only comes from causing "serious physical harm" to another person then leaving the scene of the accident. Meaning that he caused injuries so severe that there is a potential for permanent disfigurement or death.

Maybe I'm wrong then, & it's not Felony Hit & Run. I thought that was what I saw somewhere along the line.... I'll have to find it again

Officers file warrants all of the time. Any time officers file charges in the absence of the "suspect" it is filed as a warrant for the arrest of the person. It is very common in the cases of Domestic Violence. When the offender is not at scene and there is probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed, a warrant can be filed. As a matter of fact, I filed a warrant for this exact thing on a juvenile last week. He conveyed marijuana into the Juvenile Detention Facility. Even though possession of marijuana is a minor misdemeanor in the state of Ohio, it becomes a felony when conveyed into a detention facility.

I stand corrected.

Maybe I'm wrong then, & it's not Felony Hit & Run. I thought that was what I saw somewhere along the line.... I'll have to find it again

I don't mean to sound like a dick when I say fuck him (especially if it is a friend of yours). However, I had a very good friend who was killed on duty in Riverside California when his motorcycle was struck by an "impaired" driver. The knuckle head turned left in front of my friend with a pickup pulling a trailer. Shannon's motorcycle got wedged between the truck and trailer and he was launched 50 yards. Felony drunk driving really pisses me off.

Officers file warrants all of the time. Any time officers file charges in the absence of the "suspect" it is filed as a warrant for the arrest of the person. It is very common in the cases of Domestic Violence. When the offender is not at scene and there is probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed, a warrant can be filed. As a matter of fact, I filed a warrant for this exact thing on a juvenile last week. He conveyed marijuana into the Juvenile Detention Facility. Even though possession of marijuana is a minor misdemeanor in the state of Ohio, it becomes a felony when conveyed into a detention facility.

An officer files whats called a "warrant on complaint" it can be arrested on as soon as it is time stamped by a municipal court, BUT still will be reviewed and ultimately signed by a judge. A "warrant for conveyance" (as in the charge of conveyance) is different than a "warrant to convey". If your getting these two mixed up you had better go back to law school.

I'll say it again a: A warrant to convey is an order by a judge for the transportation of a prisoner (period).

In the case above in regard to the warrant to convey: the defendants attorney has requested that this defendant be conveyed back from somewhere. Maybe the guy is in prison and the defense attorney is requesting his client be held in the local county jail - this is common if the person is in prison so he can be closer to his family during the trial.

MOTION DENIED by ROBERT A FRY Judge on 07/10/2010 (FOR WARRANT TO CONVEY) AFTER THE DEFENSE COUNSEL AND PROSECUTOR CONDUCT THE PRE-TRIAL AND DEFENSE COUNSEL ADVISES THE COURT AS TO HOW THE DEFENDANT WISHES TO PROCEED THE DEF WILL BE CONVEYED BACK FOR ANY FURTHER PROCEEDINGS

It says that after the prosecutor and defense attorney conduct the pre-trial (fancy term for meeting) and the defense attorney tells the prosecutor how his client wants to proceed (trial, plea, ect.) then the judge will order the subject to be transported back for further proceedings.

Here's the update from yesterday. Not sure what a few of these mean yet, or what effect they'll have for us, like the Time Limit being waived, or the PT Report being issued.....

7/14/2010 Assignment Notice issued

7/14/2010 Jury Trial set for 09/23/2010 at 08:30 AM in room 2 by Judge

7/14/2010 Assignment Notice issued

7/14/2010 Pre-Trial with Judge set for 09/01/2010 at 10:30 AM in room

7/14/2010 PT Report issued

7/14/2010 Time limits pursuant to ORC 2945.71-73 are hereby waived w

Time limit being waived means the defendant waived his right to a speedy trial - in the United States a person charged with a crime has the right to trial within 90 days unless he waives his right for such.

PT report - is a Pre Trial Report - its a very basic report of facts prior to the trial (usually immediately following a motion for discovery)

Don't get this confused with Pre Sentence Investigation (PSI) which will be immediately after the trial these are usually completed by a county (felony) probation officer and will include things like family background, criminal history, education history, ect. Basically anything that would influence sentencing. Some of the things in a PSI can't be obtained or used in a prior to a trial so it will be a lot more in depth.

I honestly wouldn't get all wrapped up in this and worry too much over court procedure. I would contact your county victim assistance office and have them keep you in the loop on whats going on. They are there for you and will keep you and your family up to date on hearings and proceedings you should be at, and they can answer your legal questions (so you don't have to rely on a motorcycle forum, lol).

I don't mean to sound like a dick when I say fuck him (especially if it is a friend of yours). However, I had a very good friend who was killed on duty in Riverside California when his motorcycle was struck by an "impaired" driver. The knuckle head turned left in front of my friend with a pickup pulling a trailer. Shannon's motorcycle got wedged between the truck and trailer and he was launched 50 yards. Felony drunk driving really pisses me off.

It's not a friend. The guy went head on with Fonzies wife and kids

I honestly wouldn't get all wrapped up in this and worry too much over court procedure. I would contact your county victim assistance office and have them keep you in the loop on whats going on. They are there for you and will keep you and your family up to date on hearings and proceedings you should be at, and they can answer your legal questions (so you don't have to rely on a motorcycle forum, lol).

Thanx again John.... Appreciate your insight!

It's not a friend. The guy went head on with Fonzies wife and kids

beat me to it.....

^ ^ What they said

An officer files whats called a "warrant on complaint" it can be arrested on as soon as it is time stamped by a municipal court, BUT still will be reviewed and ultimately signed by a judge. A "warrant for conveyance" (as in the charge of conveyance) is different than a "warrant to convey". If your getting these two mixed up you had better go back to law school.

I'll say it again a: A warrant to convey is an order by a judge for the transportation of a prisoner (period).

In the case above in regard to the warrant to convey: the defendants attorney has requested that this defendant be conveyed back from somewhere. Maybe the guy is in prison and the defense attorney is requesting his client be held in the local county jail - this is common if the person is in prison so he can be closer to his family during the trial.

MOTION DENIED by ROBERT A FRY Judge on 07/10/2010 (FOR WARRANT TO CONVEY) AFTER THE DEFENSE COUNSEL AND PROSECUTOR CONDUCT THE PRE-TRIAL AND DEFENSE COUNSEL ADVISES THE COURT AS TO HOW THE DEFENDANT WISHES TO PROCEED THE DEF WILL BE CONVEYED BACK FOR ANY FURTHER PROCEEDINGS

It says that after the prosecutor and defense attorney conduct the pre-trial (fancy term for meeting) and the defense attorney tells the prosecutor how his client wants to proceed (trial, plea, ect.) then the judge will order the subject to be transported back for further proceedings.

A warrant on complaint is still a warrant. I can sign a complaint (warrant), have it time stamped, and someone on the other side of the city can execute (serve) that warrant 1 second later without a judge signing it. Yes, it will eventually be signed but it is still a warrant the second that the clerk of courts office time stamps it. As far as going back law school, never been there, and have absolutely no desire to.

Fonzie, I hope that your family is OK. And like I said in my previous post FUCK HIM! I hope that the prosecutor has a pair and breaks it off after they shove it in.

A warrant on complaint is still a warrant. I can sign a complaint (warrant), have it time stamped, and someone on the other side of the city can execute (serve) that warrant 1 second later without a judge signing it. Yes, it will eventually be signed but it is still a warrant the second that the clerk of courts office time stamps it. As far as going back law school, never been there, and have absolutely no desire to.

Fonzie, I hope that your family is OK. And like I said in my previous post FUCK HIM! I hope that the prosecutor has a pair and breaks it off after they shove it in.

Thats like saying a honda civic is still a car - its true but there is a big differance between a honda civic and an F-150.

• 10 years later...
On 7/15/2010 at 5:04 PM, JBartolucci4 said:

This is exactly 100 percent truth! I'm no lawyer or any judge! But I was indicted on felony conveyance charges, and kno what it is...warrant to convey, means a sheriff is to pick u up and take u from where ever u are, to a facility! Like from their home, to a recovery center or to another jail! So like if u chose not to take it to trial, and excepted a plea deal, but u been outta jail on a bond or an o.r, while fighting ur case, once ur offered the deal amd except it, and maybe there is a treatment center in the deal...the judge will then set a date for u to turn urself in, and if the sheriff has to do it, then that's wen the warrant to convey comes by way of being served, with the date for the sheriff to pick u up, and take u to the facility! I hope that makes sense bc it wasnt coming out how I wanted it to, so it's kinda all over the place! I kno about this bc a friend is goin thru it right now...hes been out fighting his case, was sentenced bc he offered a plea dea, he was being sent to a facility called west central, and he got the warrant to convey yesterday, on when they will pick him up, and take him to west central! It's a rehabilitation center, that's more like a jail then a rehab!

Edited by Missy's Galaxy
To add something