Warrant to Convey?

Fonzie

Anyone know what this is/Any lawyers on here that I'm not aware of?

I've been trying to google it, but only coming up with vague references, & don't feel like downloading Black's Legal Dictionary to find out definitively unless I absolutely have to

Looks like it has something to do with transporting prisoners??

Seems to be an official authorization to transfer a prisoner.

Ex. The court issued a warrant to convey Sam to the physc ward after he was caught raping a whole flock of sheep. :sheepfucker:

That's the jist I'm getting. You planning on breakin' someone out of jail?

;) Ssshhhhh

No.... The guy who hit my family has his pre-trial tomorrow, & it looks like his attorney filed one of these a couple days ago, which it appears the judge denied. I wasn't aware he was in jail. I knew he's spent the first night there, but was under the impression he'd gotten out/been out since then

;) Ssshhhhh

No.... The guy who hit my family has his pre-trial tomorrow, & it looks like his attorney filed one of these a couple days ago, which it appears the judge denied. I wasn't aware he was in jail. I knew he's spent the first night there, but was under the impression he'd gotten out/been out since then

Can you check your local jail to see if he's there? I know you can here.

It is an order from a judge to the county sheriff to transport a prisoner without question.

Think of it like this: If the county sheriff transports someone for the court without a warrant he doesn't get paid. When a sheriff has a warrant to convey (or even an arrest warrant for that matter) he gets to claim time and mileage for his deputies to do the transport and gets reimbursed by the court - which is ultimately paid for by the defendant via court costs.

Hope this helps, I did have like 4 paragraphs typed out with a few common reasons they are used but my browser froze. This is the short and sweet version, if you need anything else PM me.

John

So, from what John says, he IS still in jail!

I'm going to go back on an earlier post with this too.

If its a felony, when he was originally arrested on the charge more than likely he was just taken to the jail and booked in then released (in some cases bond is required depending on the charge and county) to await an indictment. Now I assume some time has passed since the original date he was picked up and a grand jury has indicted him and a judge issued an arrest warrant. Indictment warrants are the big boys that are usually state and federal pickup, and in our county the U.S. Marshall fugitive task force serves a lot of them.

In a nutshell: Chances are he just got picked up (on the indictment) and the justice ball is about to start rolling through the court system.

John

so is he up for 4 charges or what?? i see he has 4 pleas of not guilty?

Yeah.... Driving on a suspended license, Left of Center, .176 OVI/DUI, & Felony Hit & Run

Here's the update from yesterday. Not sure what a few of these mean yet, or what effect they'll have for us, like the Time Limit being waived, or the PT Report being issued.....

7/14/2010 Assignment Notice issued

7/14/2010 Jury Trial set for 09/23/2010 at 08:30 AM in room 2 by Judge

7/14/2010 Assignment Notice issued

7/14/2010 Pre-Trial with Judge set for 09/01/2010 at 10:30 AM in room

7/14/2010 PT Report issued

7/14/2010 Time limits pursuant to ORC 2945.71-73 are hereby waived w

Edited by Fonzie

;) Ssshhhhh

warrant to convey means he had evidence to possible prove his clients innocense. apparently denied by the judge for it to be entered into court

Anyone know what this is/Any lawyers on here that I'm not aware of?

I've been trying to google it, but only coming up with vague references, & don't feel like downloading Black's Legal Dictionary to find out definitively unless I absolutely have to

Looks like it has something to do with transporting prisoners??

A warrant for Conveyance is a warrant that has been filed after a person has been processed at the county jail. The person that was arrested had a weapon or dope on his person when he was booked at the county jail (conveyed it into the jail). It is a warrant because it is filed by the arresting officer without he arrestee being present (because he is in jail).

You said he was arrested for OVI High Test (above 1.7) and felony hit skip. I say FUCK HIM!! The felony hit skip only comes from causing "serious physical harm" to another person then leaving the scene of the accident. Meaning that he caused injuries so severe that there is a potential for permanent disfigurement or death.

A warrant for Conveyance is a warrant that has been filed after a person has been processed at the county jail. The person that was arrested had a weapon or dope on his person when he was booked at the county jail (conveyed it into the jail). It is a warrant because it is filed by the arresting officer without he arrestee being present (because he is in jail).

I gotta say this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Cops don't file warrants, judges do. Judges do this all the time without the defendant present. I'm nowhere close to a lawyer, but this doesn't strike me as logical.

warrant to convey means he had evidence to possible prove his clients innocense. apparently denied by the judge for it to be entered into court

Also doesn't make sense. Even though it's federal court (while this is state), I think you're after a motion in limine: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_limine

I gotta say this doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Cops don't file warrants, judges do. Judges do this all the time without the defendant present. I'm nowhere close to a lawyer, but this doesn't strike me as logical.

Officers file warrants all of the time. Any time officers file charges in the absence of the "suspect" it is filed as a warrant for the arrest of the person. It is very common in the cases of Domestic Violence. When the offender is not at scene and there is probable cause to believe that a crime has been committed, a warrant can be filed. As a matter of fact, I filed a warrant for this exact thing on a juvenile last week. He conveyed marijuana into the Juvenile Detention Facility. Even though possession of marijuana is a minor misdemeanor in the state of Ohio, it becomes a felony when conveyed into a detention facility.