Open Carry as show of force at my apartment?

chevysoldier

shoot one and the rest will take notice... ;)

Just start being "that guy" and start acting like a crazied white boy...

like peering out the window in a ghillie suit on with your gun and yell out the window to get down. i did something similar to my old neighbors that kept harassing my wife when she got home.

Ghillie suit in the bushes and as they walked by i say "I see you.." they moved shortly after that. or maybe it was the AR on the bipod on the kitchen table pointing at their window?

Edited by curby

moving is obviously teh best option, but you know the type of people in your complex better than we do.

are they teh type that are going to take your retaliation as an excuse to take it to the next level, or is it really going to scare them into stopping?

some beefy stew on your seat isn't nearly as bad as your bike being knocked over. Annoying, but not damaging. All things considered, the potential consequences of escalating the situation don't seem worth it.

That said, if you think they're the type of punks who would back off, i vote bear mace. Go "dog" the bounty hunter on their assses - but you'll have to catch them in the act.

on another forum, John suggested that you get a motion activated light, but instead of a bulb, put in one of those outlets that screws into a bulb socket.

then you can run the cord inside and connect it to a radio. Someone walks by your bike, and the radio turns on instead of a light. Might be able to work out something similar with a camera (hunting cameras work that way).

Personally, I don't think it's wise to use a gun a threat. For me, It's a weapon of last resort. No one should know I am carrying. If I ever have to draw/show a weapon it would be because it's the only remaining option to extract myself from a given situation.

I actually have a cover that has an alarm in the cover. Costs extra.

I don't normally use it. I use other motion activated devices. (Silent alarms)

But alarm sirens are typically a winner.

edit: hiding in the bushes and annoying bandits in the middle of the night is a winner too.

Come on Pataskala isn't that bad. I don't have any issues, but then again I don't live in the drug infested area. Move, houses are on the cheap right now, and interest rates are still low. Look for a house. If you wanna bring your little girl out to the house to play I'm sure my daughter would love it. Riley is 3 and we have a big swingset/slide behind my house. Good luck!!

OP: Which apartment complex are you in? I was over in the Catalina Club apartments for several years, but I couldn't handle sharing walls with random people anymore.

I'm with Meanie too. When I decided to move, I picked up a HUD home that basically need carpet and paint, that's it, for $120,000. Best thing I ever did. There's a house four doors down on Lynns Road for sale with a huge backyard. It's not listed on Remax yet. May want to check it out. Orchard Glen always has a ton of houses for sale, as does Cameron Chase. Both are nice neighborhoods. Start searching my friend!

Edited by KhaoticRebel

Come on Pataskala isn't that bad. I don't have any issues, but then again I don't live in the drug infested area. Move, houses are on the cheap right now, and interest rates are still low. Look for a house. If you wanna bring your little girl out to the house to play I'm sure my daughter would love it. Riley is 3 and we have a big swingset/slide behind my house. Good luck!!

May have to take you up on that sometime.

Step 1 get a better job

Step 2 get a better place

Or

Step 1 find a roommate

Step 2 get a better place

Bingo. In the process right now.

I actually don't really want to buy a house right now. I have (will have) land I will be building on someday. But to do that I have a lot of stuff to take care of first.

If you wanna bring your little girl out to the house to play I'm sure my daughter would love it. Riley is 3 and we have a big swingset/slide behind my house. Good luck!!
May have to take you up on that sometime.

Do it, his little one is cool and possibly the most chatty and friendly 3yo I've met.

But Meanie is, well mean. :)

And you and the MRS's are welcome out here anytime too with the yungin.

I'm betting it's the same bad asses that farked with your sat dish. You need to make them your allies and they'll watch your shit when you're not around. Could be something as simple as buying them a pizza on day. I know you shouldn't have to, but it does go a long way. I have cousins that live in "the Hood" in PA. Whenever me and my brother rider our bikes over to visit, (we both have the same bike) they always watch our shit for us. I believe they protect our shit because one day when we were there shooting the shit, a group of them gathered around checking out the bikes. We went out, answered questions and gave a drink (soda) to every kid that was there.

OP: Which apartment complex are you in? I was over in the Catalina Club apartments for several years, but I couldn't handle sharing walls with random people anymore.

I'm with Meanie too. When I decided to move, I picked up a HUD home that basically need carpet and paint, that's it, for $120,000. Best thing I ever did. There's a house four doors down on Lynns Road for sale with a huge backyard. It's not listed on Remax yet. May want to check it out. Orchard Glen always has a ton of houses for sale, as does Cameron Chase. Both are nice neighborhoods. Start searching my friend!

me and my wife did something similiar. Found a short sale in grove city, paid 90k for it. 1300ish sq ft, a fenced in yard, a pool (that needed fixed), 2+ car garage. needed a little work but awesome deal either way. I think our interest was > 5% too, or right in that area.

I'm betting it's the same bad asses that farked with your sat dish. You need to make them your allies and they'll watch your shit when you're not around. Could be something as simple as buying them a pizza on day. I know you shouldn't have to, but it does go a long way. I have cousins that live in "the Hood" in PA. Whenever me and my brother rider our bikes over to visit, (we both have the same bike) they always watch our shit for us. I believe they protect our shit because one day when we were there shooting the shit, a group of them gathered around checking out the bikes. We went out, answered questions and gave a drink (soda) to every kid that was there.

This is good advice. Just don't be a bitch about it like your sucking up. Just do exactly as he says, shoot the shit with people when they're outside and see if they need anything. Works amazingly well over viewing them all as potential enemies. That being said, you can't impress everyone. Just enough people to have a constant eye on your shit. You look out for them, they look out for you.