Open Carry as show of force at my apartment?

chevysoldier

I posted this on a gun forum so just copied and pasted to here. Want to see what OR has to say about it.

Well I live in an apartment. It isn't the best of places but I have a roof. One of the buildings usually has cops for drugs, child abuse etc. My satellite dish has been vandalized twice. The second time I found the kids who did it and they paid for damages. Tonight someone put rice/beef stuff on the seat of my motorcycle. I hate, HATE vandals. I have my CHL and never OC around the apartment so as to not draw attention to myself. Now with someone messing with my bike I am really irritated. Do you think it would be wise to OC around the apartment as a deterrent/show of force?

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.126

2923.126 Duties of licensed individual.

(b) A landlord may not prohibit or restrict a tenant who is a licensee and who on or after the effective date of this amendment enters into a rental agreement with the landlord for the use of residential premises, and the tenant’s guest while the tenant is present, from lawfully carrying or possessing a handgun on those residential premises.

Effective Date: 04-08-2004; 03-14-2007; 2008 SB184 09-09-2008

I signed the agreement on 9/28/08 so I am covered under that law. It also doesn't make any distinction between OC and CC, only a licensed individual, which I am. The other thing is we are now on a month to month rental agreement type deal since we fulfilled the one year rental obligation. What do you all think?

I posted this on a gun forum so just copied and pasted to here. Want to see what OR has to say about it.

Well I live in an apartment. It isn't the best of places but I have a roof. One of the buildings usually has cops for drugs, child abuse etc. My satellite dish has been vandalized twice. The second time I found the kids who did it and they paid for damages. Tonight someone put rice/beef stuff on the seat of my motorcycle. I hate, HATE vandals. I have my CHL and never OC around the apartment so as to not draw attention to myself. Now with someone messing with my bike I am really irritated. Do you think it would be wise to OC around the apartment as a deterrent/show of force?

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.126

I signed the agreement on 9/28/08 so I am covered under that law. It also doesn't make any distinction between OC and CC, only a licensed individual, which I am. The other thing is we are now on a month to month rental agreement type deal since we fulfilled the one year rental obligation. What do you all think?

If they are brazen enough to vandalize your bike and you start OC'ing, they might attempt to break-in to see if you have any more guns at home when you are away.

Yeah, you guys are right. And I see that now that I have calmed down a little bit. I just don't get it. I don't talk to hardly anyone. I mind my own business. I'm quiet and don't do anything to anyone. I'm just here. Pisses me off.

Yeah, you guys are right. And I see that now that I have calmed down a little bit. I just don't get it. I don't talk to hardly anyone. I mind my own business. I'm quiet and don't do anything to anyone. I'm just here. Pisses me off.

You just don't fit in around there. Move out ASAP.

You just don't fit in around there. Move out ASAP.

bingo bango bongo. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to loosening some valve cores on those vandals tires, either theirs or their parents on your way out.

Guess I need to take up vandalism, drinking heavily, drugs and beating my kid. :rolleyes:

I need to find a better place. F Pataskala

This... Other than the kid beatings. When you start selling the drugs, I may know of some people you can seel them to out your way. :rolleyes:

bingo bango bongo. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to BORROWING some valve cores on those vandals tires, either theirs or their parents on your way out.

Fixed, and I know of someone that "borrowed" some valve cores years ago, and it wasn't any of us!

In other cultures it's a sign of respect to have beefy rice placed on one moorsickle seat.

Free your mind and the rest will follow. - En Vogue.

Maybe they think he looks like he needs to eat more? Or maybe you actually sharted on the way home and didn't notice the warm squishy feeling?

bingo bango bongo. Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to loosening some valve cores on those vandals tires, either theirs or their parents on your way out.

See I won't do that. I'd like to but that makes me no better than these asshats.

In other cultures it's a sign of respect to have beefy rice placed on one moorsickle seat.

Yeah. :lol:

Maybe they think he looks like he needs to eat more? Or maybe you actually sharted on the way home and didn't notice the warm squishy feeling?

It was at the front of the seat so I hope not.

For that earworm, I am going to eat your heart.

i used to live in a really shit part of town. i mean a total ghetto, but rent was cheap. i had off-street parking though. there was a problem with the locals just walking up in my driveway and hanging out or acting suspicious. so whenever i would catch them i would politely show them the end of my barrel from the window of my second floor apartment and explain that they're on private property and need to leave.

worked very well!

Edited by ped

to SWing'r....he has a bike cover and I am going to start pricing alarms and such.

to 1000rr...you are desperate to see me kick someone's ass aren't you. :lol:

This situation is one of many reasons I hate this place and won't let our little girl play outside around the apartment. if she goes outside I have to drive her t the park about a mile away or we got to the zoo and such. I want out of this place like you read about.