Anyone Been to Blackhawk?

jarvismb

I have some credit for a trackday with NESBA that I'd like to use next month, and since I have a wedding on the Putnam weekend everyone is talking about, I was looking at going to Blackhawk Farms the prior weekend (6/5-6/6) and wanted to see if anyone had been there and what they thought of the facility.

I can't tell exactly, but it almost looks like a more tight and technical track like Gingerman, which I actually really like. Like I said, I can't be sure, so I'm looking for some input from the all-knowing OR commune on the quality of the track and the facility in general.

Soooo, Blackhawk Farms - Thoughts?

PM Bucky Badger (aka Brian)

I'm pretty sure he can ride blackhawk blindfolded.

"May 30 & 31, 2009 - Fresh off dominating the Michelin Team Challenge at Road America, Hix Racing's Ron Hix and Brian Blume win in convincing fashion at Blackhawk Farms this past Sunday"

http://www.ronhix.com/writeup-2009-ccs-bhf-r03.html

there are plenty more write-ups from BHF if you want to get a better feel for the track and can't get ahold of Brian.

Been there about six weekends. Facility it nice, Kohler put in new showers and restrooms about two years ago. Track is in decent shape but not my favorite layout, bus stop has a concrete patch in it the last time I was there. I like Nelson layout better but track and facilities suck.

I would wait to use time with them at Road America. That track and facility is awesome even if it cost you two extra hours of drive time both ways you won’t regret it.

:lol: seriously??

So, we have nobody here that's been to Blackhawk, or even heard anything about it?

This doesn't make me feel very good about going up there...

I LOVE Blackhawk....it's one of my favorite tracks.

I would highly recommend you checking it out.

Here is a video of me following Nate Kern last year on the (at that time) New BMW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N2N-p-lQiM

Autobahn is far superior...

I run a BHF event there once per year and the track is ok. If you want a quality track with a NICE paddock, showers etc then ACC is your place. And it's 3-4 hours closer to you if you coming from Ohio

Nesba runs a good show at BHF (mind you they are STT's competitor and I think they run a good program too) but Im not BHF fan for a multitude of reasons. If you don't do BHF for the free credit then ACC is your track.

Autobahn is far superior...

I run a BHF event there once per year and the track is ok. If you want a quality track with a NICE paddock, showers etc then ACC is your place. And it's 3-4 hours closer to you if you coming from Ohio

Nesba runs a good show at BHF (mind you they are STT's competitor and I think they run a good program too) but Im not BHF fan for a multitude of reasons. If you don't do BHF for the free credit then ACC is your track.

LOL....FAR SUPERIOR?

Come on Nick...lets be honest.

I'm sure you've noticed the brand new bathroom and showers constructed by Kohler a few years ago...or maybe the new tech shed or maybe the new concrete walkways that were put in.

3-4 hours closer? Were you planning on walking the last 50 miles?

From Columbus, BHF is an hour and 45 minutes beyond ACC and you don't have to deal with the construction hell like you do getting into ACC....you also don't have to pay to get into Blackhawk. Judging by the attendance numbers, many of the people in this area don't mind the extra drive.

Nick...for the record...I'm not a fan of ACC and skipped both events that NESBA had there last year. South and Full just don't do anything for me...North is about the only track I would consider riding at ACC.