My new son!!!

danballa

Some of you may know I lost my 8yo Service Animal, a female Mastiff named Prestige, a little over a month ago. She meant everything to me. My Parents found me this cute little guy last Friday. They explained my situation to the seller, and we went to go look at a litter of 8. She gave me a Very nice discount, and we brought him home! He is now an almost, 8 week old English Mastiff, named Valor. I am Very grateful for the discount that she gave me, as I would not have been able to get him without it. I am also thankful for my parents who got him for me. I didn't know if I was ready yet or not, but now I have no choice.

Hopefully I won't ever need him to work as a Service Animal, but I am going to train him to go into Animal Assisted Therapy, which is what my former Mastiff, Prestige, was training to do before I got sick. Then her training changed to be adjusted for what I needed.

My riding time will be cut down this year as the first year working with him is so critical, but it will be worth it. So much for a 15k riding year! (I already am at 3k) Maybe I will have to bring my Cage to an event or two to get him socialized. If he can handle being around the OR bunch, then he can handle being around anyone. I better make sure he has his vaccinations first though, for his safety though of course!

SO here he is...Meet Valor!

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd119/danballa/Valor/IMG_0048.jpg%20IMG_0069.jpg%20IMG_0088.jpg%20IMG_0098.jpg%20IMG_0001.jpg%20IMG_0003.jpg%20"]IMG_0048.jpgIMG_0069.jpgIMG_0088.jpgIMG_0098.jpgIMG_0001.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0104.jpg

Sweet! I have an acquaintance from Florida who's a class 3 gun dealer who has a really cool looking bull mastiff. He sure loves that dog! As a matter of fact he always includes pics of his boy on his online gunbroker auctions. Have a look.

Oh...I have the same rifle BTW. Sept mines an A3!;):D

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=168017574

Good luck with the new pup Ben. They're cute.... When they're somebody elses!! ;)

You lost some weight since last year? Your face looks thinner in that one pic

Thanks for all the compliments on the kid.

He''s only taking up part of one cushion now lol..but soon, he will be taking up his fair share.

Yeah, I have lost weight. 50,000,013 surgeries, (or maybe that's a slight exaggeration) and some relentless slave drivers, err I mean Physical Therapists tend to have the effect on you. Monday, I'm going to be handing in Another therapy prescription. This time, something about multiple pinched nerves in my neck.

Awww. I love English mastiffs. I've had two really great Bullmastiffs over the years (very similar, just shorter, stockier, and lazier), and miss them a lot. Congrats and good luck.