The Storm...

Likwid

thanks! It was kind of funny.. grabbed the camera, set the shutter/iso/aperture by guessing pressed the shutter..... first picture caught the lightning....

Next 50 pictures were all black lol. Lucky lucky

No kidding. I've wasted many rolls of film and lots of bucks trying to catch lightning with time exposures. And never got anything near as good as that. There is a hack for some cameras, that will slave the shutter to the flash of the lightning. That will catch every one that is in view.

No kidding. I've wasted many rolls of film and lots of bucks trying to catch lightning with time exposures. And never got anything near as good as that. There is a hack for some cameras, that will slave the shutter to the flash of the lightning. That will catch every one that is in view.

oh crap that's a good idea! Either way, was a complete guess on shutter speed, I was afraid 1600 was going to be too dark but didn't really have a lot of time.

That is how that Ansel Adams guy took that pic of Moonrise, Hernandez, New Mexico, 1941. He parked his car, put the camera on the roof of the car, clicked the shutter one time and left.

THAT is amazing! He just had the gift, and I think a little help from above with some of his photos.

oh crap that's a good idea! Either way, was a complete guess on shutter speed, I was afraid 1600 was going to be too dark but didn't really have a lot of time.

Holy crap! I was gonna gues that you did a long exposure on a tripod for that, seeing the amount of background light! I just wonder how it would look with a smaller aperature (bigger number to clarify) and slower shutter would've worked to filter out some of the "stuff" in the pic?

You just landed a spot on my wall paper thats rad!

yay! what resolution do you have set? I can recrop it so it fits better.

The thing about lightning that intrigues me the most is the path it takes... it's incredible