Cannonball Bike Run 2008

Casper

uh, so is this thing for real or just an idea that will never happen. Quick! someone give a date!

A few people have committed to the event. I'm not going to pick a date yet but I'm thinking sometime in April would be good. As it gets warmer I'm sure others will want to participate as well. I will formulate rules and repost the idea in about March. Probably will do a "team" concept as well.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few people have committed to the event. I'm not going to pick a date yet but I'm thinking sometime in April would be good. As it gets warmer I'm sure others will want to participate as well. I will formulate rules and repost the idea in about March. Probably will do a "team" concept as well.

Count me in.

April is usually rainy and wet.. Not the best for high speed runs.

I may just rent an airplane that day and fly the route with a vid camera. Of course, I would need someone to do the actual video'ing since I will be a bit busy flying. Could be interesting watching everyone from the air.

I will video tape, as long as I get a parachute! :D

You will get a garbage bag and thats it because I will not clean up the mess if you get sick...

Seriously though.. no chutes would be in that plane. Im actually planning on going flying on Friday if the weather permits.

April is usually rainy and wet.. Not the best for high speed runs.

I may just rent an airplane that day and fly the route with a vid camera. Of course, I would need someone to do the actual video'ing since I will be a bit busy flying. Could be interesting watching everyone from the air.

Nahh I am sure the cops will video it then we can watch it on prime time TV.

You will get a garbage bag and thats it because I will not clean up the mess if you get sick...

Seriously though.. no chutes would be in that plane. Im actually planning on going flying on Friday if the weather permits.

I want to go fly with you sometime, for real like. I will not vomit... unless u like to drink and fly! :lol:

is there gonna be a set route? or just everyone haul from columbus to to cincy on whatever road they want

Sounds like you're kinda excited about this. It'll happen. When I mention "teams" I'm thinking of 2 or more. Just so if someone wrecks or gets arrested there's another person to tell the funny story or to call Med-Vac.

I like the idea of getting a receipt. There won't be a "set" route but there will be certain locations where one will have to stop. And Shitty is right, the specific details will probably be given moments before the race starts. But don't worry Jerm, we'll work it all out between now and the next 6 months.

Sounds like you're kinda excited about this. It'll happen. When I mention "teams" I'm thinking of 2 or more. Just so if someone wrecks or gets arrested there's another person to tell the funny story or to call Med-Vac.

I like the idea of getting a receipt. There won't be a "set" route but there will be certain locations where one will have to stop. And Shitty is right, the specific details will probably be given moments before the race starts. But don't worry Jerm, we'll work it all out between now and the next 6 months.

Buddy system. Rock on. I like the idea of set locations. Maps handed out at the beginning. Everyone with a camera, must take a pic of their bike at that location.

Just let me know about flying. Like I said, I will probably grab a plane and go up on friday.

So how does one just grab a plane? Do u rent it for a certain amount of time? Can we push 4 or 5 G's while we are up there? :D Im supposed to be doing the black friday shopping on friday... Next time for sure tho!

So how does one just grab a plane? Do u rent it for a certain amount of time? Can we push 4 or 5 G's while we are up there? :D Im supposed to be doing the black friday shopping on friday... Next time for sure tho!

Its pretty easy actually. I could push a couple G's for ya but to go past that, you need an airplane that is rated for aerobatics. To be honest, you would probably start to get queezy around or before 3 G's if youve never felt it before and I held it for more then just a sec or two.

I cant go flying because I am going shopping? :lol: are you going to carry her purse too?

Buddy system. Rock on. I like the idea of set locations. Maps handed out at the beginning. Everyone with a camera, must take a pic of their bike at that location.

Camera might equal evidence and a map would make it easy for cops to call ahead if they did get somebody. Maybe someone at a checkpoint could give verbal directions to the next spot or markers along the route. someone could even tag a couple of signs a few hours before

I cant go flying because I am going shopping? :lol: are you going to carry her purse too?

Im going shopping for toys, asshat! There are some really good deals this friday! If I happen to have a purse in my hand for a minute or two, well, it happens. :D

I doubt we will us the camera system. I like the checkpoint system better. A cop that finds a map with points on it won't do a thing. He'll just cite the person or take hem to jail. there will not be a sting operation set up just because they arrested a dude on a bike going 180. You are right though, the camera could be bad.

Yea, camera and caught = instant FUCKED! I would be willing to stand at a checkpoint and each team has to take a pic with me... Or i could just snap a pic of them... either way. Im not going to participate due to personal reasons... my vagina hurts.... Not but really I do have a very good reason. I will be the bitch with the camera at checkpoints! :D