Do you bring you lunch to work?

DGTL GRL

Do you bring your lunch to work?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Do you bring your lunch to work?

• Yep!
    • Nope!
    • Other -

Interesting, I'd never read that... and yes it does. It's 450 cals.

lol, wut? I have twice that for breakfast, and 4 times that for lunch. Dinner varies, but generally 3 to 4 times that.

Target for me should be about 2600-3000 calories a day, for being active. I hit over 4000 easily, on many days. And I don't gain any weight. But I will skip meals (dinner), and have a snack instead, to adjust the actual physical results. A snack would probably be at least 500 calories.

Call me hyper...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

700 Potatoes

450 Sandwiches

-60 Workout

15 Crystal Light

705 (2.5) Cups Milk + (4) Cups Marshmallow Mateys

800 Banana Shake

30 Coffee

Total 2640

I'll let you figure out what order I ate them today. And as for the "Workout reduction" -- I ran 5 miles for 750 cals on the machine, but my diet plan already figures -1500 cals for the week for workouts, anything above and beyond I just arbitrarily spread throughout the week. I decided today was worth an additional -60 cal reduction.

I don't have a diet plan. But somewhere around age 35 I decided to try to give up ice cream, donuts, and most fried foods (french fries). Ten years later, I decided to get away from red meat and cheese. When soft drinks went to liter, then 2 liter, I quit drinking carbonated sugar. Lately I sometimes eat straight up vegetarian and skip the meat altogether. Now when I do want to eat/drink these things, I don't pay a price.

I still don't eat enough fruit in my diet, I'm bad...

The proverbial 'burnout' :lol: I totally get you. I'm on a hash brown kick lately for dinner. I eat those once a week.

My kicks are pretty intense and usually means I eat the current kick daily. It wouldn't even be a kick for me if I only had it once a week. My current kick is this stupid little Sara Lee chocolate mousse frozen cake thing. I have at least one piece daily.

Do you need your DVD back?? I just noticed it. still sitting in our den the other day...

Nope, you can keep it. It was an extra copy. :)

We don't get lunch at my work either. So I pack almost everyday and have to cram food down while doing work a few bites at a time. Which is nice since we have so much airbourne chemicals that they make us wear a respirator 8hrs a day. Mostly pb&j in the summer since it is to hot where we are for any type of meat to not get nasty. In the winter it is cold so I mix in a little turkey and cheese sometimes. Have been on a kick for about 3 months. everyday it is a pb-j, 2string cheese, bottle of water with powdered mix of sometype to refill all day. And on night shift a 24 oz bottle of dew to keep me up. Hell we are lucky to get a chance to runn to the bathroom, but that is a whole other story!

Don't feel bad, I eat the exact same thing for lunch for months at a time too. I eventually reach a burnout point, but then a new lunch takes its place for the next several months. Sad, but true.

How the crap do you that?! I hate the same thing two days in a row! I would strangle myself, but I do love me some PB&J sangwiches... That might be the only thing I could do, and that is pushing it. Months at a times... Y'all are crazy!

Would you like to eat a nice ham sammich that sat out for 4/6 hours next to a 1600 degree kiln? I have tried every type of lunch box icepack and none will keep anything cold in the summertime at work. If I keep my stuff on the back of the line it is still like 112 in the summer. PB&J everyday works for me? Sometimes I get burned out and switch to pb and:banana: whatever don't need to be kept cold.

I pretty much pack everyday. I usually gather all the goods for the week and stop by the office on Sunday to drop everything off so I don't have to carry it on me when I am riding to work.

When I was in Miami my work had a nice fridge that we used. There was like 4 of us that would go to the local grocery store on Mondays and pick up stuff for the week. That was pretty sweet! Then Fridays was the eat out day. Single and living with parents was great back then...lol!

We sometimes order pizza on second shift on fridays. Like tonight, we are running slow products on both kilns. So we will most likely get pizza. This is like a once every three week thing at my work. LOL! Besides the office has air in it nice and cool in there to eat some pizza.