i can finally post this... OMC/Roll on Columbus

natedogg624

I've been in contact with Rachel Heine, PR at Nationwide and Ed Youngblood, director of OMC, and threw an idea at them a few weeks ago and it got approved tonight at their board meeting!! extremely stoked and can't wait for it to come together.

I'll be in the "kids zone" and they are promoting it as the "race bike paint-off for kids."

as for my idea that got approved (pretty much the email i sent to them):

The idea is to paint the entire bodywork of my bike white as a base canvas for the kids to work with and then have the kids fingerpaint, handprint, brush, whatever tool they want to use, etc... to it with many colors available to them.

I believe this would provide a unique opportunity for the hospital and the OMC organization, but the main purpose is to allow the kids to be up close and personal with a real track/race prepped bike as well as allow them to be a part of it with their own creativity.

The end result will be a completely unique, one off design that not even the top creators in the world could reproduce. The bike will turn heads wherever I go and get people talking. I would also, with permission, like to run the logo of OMC/Nationwide on the bike, incorporated within the paintwork to point to the organization the bike is for. Please note: This is not a sponsorship request, there is no monetary requirement or obligation for either OMC or Nationwide with this. All costs will be taken care of by me.

The goal is to bring awareness to the OMC organization, your hospital, as well as to bring awareness to children's cancer in general.

The reason I want to do this is because I recently found out that a young friend of mine became sick with leukemia and want to whatever I can to help in any way that I can and I feel like this will be the best avenue I can take

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in contact with Rachel Heine, PR at Nationwide and Ed Youngblood, director of OMC, and threw an idea at them a few weeks ago and it got approved tonight at their board meeting!! extremely stoked and can't wait for it to come together.

I'll be in the "kids zone" and they are promoting it as the "race bike paint-off for kids."

as for my idea that got approved (pretty much the email i sent to them):

You're Nathan Docken from OSU? :lol: You should've told me about it amigo. I would've been like, "oh yeah, Natedogg, cool guy". I couldn't figure out who the hell they were talking about. Guess I should learn people's last names. I'm on the board of directors for Ohio Motorcyclists for Children. Now that's some funny shit right there. But yeah, we all pretty much thought it was a sweet idea.

repost see cheech's bike

jk sweet idea, but stick something in the exhaust or you could spray some serious paint when little bobby decides to drop a gallon down the exhaust

my plan for that is to have the bodywork off the bike and on a table or something (tbd) while the bike is naked, people can walk around the bike and whatnot.

now i just need to get in contact with paul and some art/hobby stores...

acrylic is going to be the only way to go as far as kid safe, now i just need to find something sturdy.

edit: talked more in depth with the local art supply store, they recommend the crayola fingerpaint...paint since acrylic will stain the hands. pretty much all the painters i've talked to say anything will be fine really as long as its clearcoated over.

Edited by natedogg624