RC51 vs VFR or my first ride on my Viffer

garysol1

- Since you have a '98, the achilies heel of the thing is the R/R. Check to see if its the original one or its been replaced. Those suckers die at about 13 - 15k miles. Save your pennies for a replacement - it will crap out, guarenteed. .

My 96 ate the R/R. I did the PC fan mod on the replacement. It seemed to work.......

BTW.... Really like this shot of her. Think it's a combo of the red on green contrast with the angle of the shot & the angle of the hill in the background.....

IMG_0794.jpg

BTW.... Really like this shot of her. Think it's a combo of the red on green contrast with the angle of the shot & the angle of the hill in the background.....

IMG_0794.jpg

Not to mention the exposure is pretty good on the bike itself! The concrete is "blown out" but are we really wanting to eve see the concrete?

Sorry to go slightly technical on ya.

Updated link for this --- http://www.wiremybike.com/

;)

+1 for tightwad and the VFRness. My '94 never ate an R/R while I had it, but my '98 cooked it and the big wiring connector within 100 miles of my ownership. I also added a secondary fuse box to wire grip heaters at the same time.

Worth the peace of mind to avoid hiking home from Coshocton.

(PS also get like 10-15 of his plastic rivet thingys for when you break all of them doing your first oil change. The original Honda ones were designed by the same idiot who designed the R/R )

Edited by AndyJ

Not to mention the exposure is pretty good on the bike itself! The concrete is "blown out" but are we really wanting to eve see the concrete?

Sorry to go slightly technical on ya.

How about my light pole in the back ground? I tried every angle to move it out of the picture but between my laziness (my truck was on the other side of the driveway and I was not moving it) and the angle of the sun I had no choice..... Exposure was right out of the Canon Rebel and is untouched. Not bad for a consumer level body and lens.

How about my light pole in the back ground? I tried every angle to move it out of the picture but between my laziness (my truck was on the other side of the driveway and I was not moving it) and the angle of the sun I had no choice.....

Haaaa.... And I almost even said somethin' about the lightpole, but didn't want to be a critical dBag

Haaaa.... And I almost even said somethin' about the lightpole, but didn't want to be a critical dBag

I am used to it. I made a pretty good living as a Sports Photographer at the highest level for years. I can take criticism but the nice thing is now I don't have to give a shit......

How about my light pole in the back ground? I tried every angle to move it out of the picture but between my laziness (my truck was on the other side of the driveway and I was not moving it) and the angle of the sun I had no choice..... Exposure was right out of the Canon Rebel and is untouched. Not bad for a consumer level body and lens.

Well, if we were to be critical, that light pole that's stuck in your gas tank looks funny, and I know the color is off due to the highlights (driveway) being blown out. :lol: I still like the pic.

One of my friends just bought a 84 VFR. It only has 3000 miles on it, It "was" in great shape too. He drove from Columbus all the way to the border of Indiana to pick it up. Drove all the way back in the rain and on the Final exit off 70w onto Hilliard-Rome rd he turned to fast and it fell, breaking the rear taillight, and turn signal. He was pissed, to say the least.