Just closed a deal.......

modular

.....on a brand spankin' new '10 H-D 883N Iron 883 yesterday evening. Should have it in the garage by 4/28 due to the crappy weather. I actually went in to look at a leftover '07 Buell Lightning but saw the Iron and loved it. Really comfortable and almost no chrome. I have no actual pictures of the bike as of yet but here is a "stock photo".

09_XL883N_R.jpg

Edited by modular
Updated info

Honestly, H-D's have never really appealed to me all that much. I looked at other bikes ranging from sport to cruiser. The Buell was too tall for comfort. I started looking around the store (Powder Keg H-D) and looked at a left-over 2007 Street Rod......too long. Looked at the new Sportster Fourty-Eight....did not care for the seating position, forward controls or the tiny "peanut" style 2 gallon tank. Saw the Iron.....it visually appealed to my senses. Rode a 1200 and a 883. Could not Justify the price difference so the 883 won. Just a comfy bike for me. Sure not the fasteset bike around but the low end feels really nice...where I will spend most of the time.

An 883 is where I started my motorcycle affair. 883 became 1200, became a 1200 with Screamin' Eagle carb and exhaust. 90mph and shake wasn't enough. Good luck! Nice looking bike.

I just sold a '77 Suzi GS750 that sure was alot of fun but really did not handle all that well and was uncomfortable for me. I loved the motor, though. I am not a high speed type of rider so much any more. The Iron is a nice mix of cruiser and sport for my riding style. Now, not to contradict myself but the 883 it better suited for "modifications and tuning" compared to the 1200 or at least that is the information I have run across. I could be wrong....it's happened before:).

I think I saw you at Powder Keg last night! Didn't know you were on ORDN or I would have said hey. I stopped in with my kids last night on the way home to drool over the showroom candy for a little while. Congrats on the purchase!