Purple Power Degreaser review

magley64

Do NOT buy this crap...

ghnmgfkm1.jpg

It did NOT dissolve any grease, it just covered the grease in soap bubbles, and not even very good soap.

Dawn Dishwashing detergent was more effective than this stuff.

For the really thick grease and grime (like the gobs of crap found on the inside of the drive sprocket case on a 9 yr old bike) The most effective thing I found was 87 octane gasoline. A small spray bottle full and a rattle paintcan capfull with a toothbrush are effective application methods. It did dissolve the grease very effectively, but obviously there are precautions you should take when using gasoline as a cleaner.

Yeah I bought that stuff back when I had my Jeep, and then just threw it into the kitchen cause it was crap. For me the best stuff is that engine degreaser in aerosol cans... The foam kind is nice because it just sits on it, whereas the watery kind just kinda runs off of it.

purple power worked amazing when i was cleaning the oily greasy mess out of my aftercooler on my old supercharged truck...brake clean wouldnt work, simple green wouldnt work, purple power just took the stuff off...hell when i sprayed it on, it instantly was taking most off...let it sit for 10mins, respray...3 times and the stuff looked brand new, no scrubbing or anything

^ fuck being safe and biodegradable... if the shit doesnt kill every living thing it comes in contact with, its not strong enough!

Sometimes it's good to NOT destroy your $300/piece carbon fiber pieces and delicate components. It's safe on rubber too.

Trichloroethylene (tri-chlor, TCE).

Guaranteed that your grease goes bye-bye.

Non-flammable.

Use in an open/vented space - it's an anesthetic.

The safety nazis will tell you that if you feed a gallon of it to a mouse, the mouse will get cancer, so it's not as easy to find these days.

Trichloroethylene (tri-chlor, TCE).

Guaranteed that your grease goes bye-bye.

Non-flammable.

Use in an open/vented space - it's an anesthetic.

The safety nazis will tell you that if you feed a gallon of it to a mouse, the mouse will get cancer, so it's not as easy to find these days.

That's what we used in aviation to clean hydraulic tubing prior to using it.

The room for doing that had extra special fume removal gear.

Didn't matter, everyone that worked in that room died from working there.

Doesn't matter what age they were, they were all dead long ago.

The rest of us didn't want to even walk past that place.