GSXR 1000 Power Commander Maps

volthrain

i have a 2001 GSXR-1000 that i have a pc3 power commander. recently just got the disc but doesnt seem to have the map on the site for my setup. i have a full yoshimura trs exhaust on the bike. anyone have any suggestions on where to find a map to get me in the ballpark. thanks

Dyno time is the best way to get a map.

+1 You can get maps just about anywhere but they aren't the best. Not every gsxr1000 is the same so your map really should be bike specific. Your bike could pull XX HP. Another gsxr1000 with the same exact mods could pull more/less HP.

Did you try the Powercommander site? or like Sambusa said take it to DTM Brian.

i tried the power commander website but there where no maps for my specific mods and kept throwing FI codes at me. i got it set on a full hindle exhaust and it runs better w/o trhowing any codes at me. but i will get to a dyno here soon just need to find one closer to cincy.

i tried the power commander website but there where no maps for my specific mods and kept throwing FI codes at me. i got it set on a full hindle exhaust and it runs better w/o trhowing any codes at me. but i will get to a dyno here soon just need to find one closer to cincy.

Reason for FI is probably because of the exhaust servo. I don't think a map would throw FI. I'll be taking my bike to Brian for some tuning soon.

does anyone have a number for ProStock down in miamitown at the corner of harrison and st. rte. 128 i think the also do some dyno tuning and they would be a hell of a lot closer than c-bus for me.

Id give the guy a break. Maybe he doesnt have the money for a custom tune right now. It takes time and money to get all your shit together to be ready for a tune. I certainly dont have the time or money to get a tune after every mod...sometimes you just need a map to hold you over til you finally get your filters, headers, exhaust, PC, etc. together.

Vol, just hit up one of the gixxer forums. Im sure theres somebody willling to give you a map of a similar setup. DTM Brian has a pretty damn good rep here on the boards and apparently does quality work. I know once I get a PC3 for my setup my bike will most likely go to him.

i am starting to think that there is something wrong with my commander cuz i can put a map on it and it will work for a short ride. then it will kick the FI code at me and start to run rich. is the exhaust servo the problem. and if so are they specific to the mods on my bike or is there another problem that i am not aware of.

You be welcome. I actually grew up 5 min from cleves, so thats why I was saying good luck haha. Hell, how old you be? Maybe I know ya. I went to Taylor for a year before I moved up to CBUS....

i 25 saturday i only went to the mount for school out here but been out here for 7 yrs now.

i am starting to think that there is something wrong with my commander cuz i can put a map on it and it will work for a short ride. then it will kick the FI code at me and start to run rich. is the exhaust servo the problem. and if so are they specific to the mods on my bike or is there another problem that i am not aware of.

Shoulda taken it to Brian.