Mayor Coleman on gun violence

smashweights

just saw a news report on ABC6 about controlling gun violence and a clip of the Mayor weilding a gold desert eagle saying "these things are for killing people"

i lol'd cause that's exactly what i told my friend when i was handgun shopping at vance's a while back and saw the gold deagle.

then he pulled out a G3...

just saw a news report on ABC6 about controlling gun violence and a clip of the Mayor weilding a gold desert eagle saying "these things are for killing people"

Bad mayors are like hemorrhoids, lots of them around but noone wants to do anything about them because it's easier to just ignore them :)

I think we should ban all mayors.

Hmm, you might be on to something.

I guess we should ban all cars, since it's the cars fault, not the drunk driver!

We should ban breathing, everyone that dies has a history of breathing just prior to their death.

Like I've said before.

Guns kill people the same as keyboards cause spelling errors.

Guns are not weapons. Guns are a tool. Just like a screwdriver or hammer. All three are capable of ending a life. But yes, I agree with you Likwid.

I once saw a bumper sticker that read something to the effect of "Blaming guns for Columbine is like blaming the spoon for Rosie's fat ass".

That's fricking awesome.

My favorite: Guns kill people and I own guns. So, stop fucking with me.

I LOVE IT CASPER!!

wat?

Meaning I don't carry a gun as a weapon. Yes it has the capability to end a life but so do many other things. This is one reason why guns have such a bad rap. Oh, he has a gun, he's gonna kill someone!! No I carry it as a tool to protect my life and those that I love. A screwdriver is not considered a deadly weapon until it is used to hurt or kill someone. The same should be true for a firearm.

I agree completely!

On a scary note, my brother in law just bought a gun. He has a history of mental instability, depression, and a very short fuse. He can go from happy to pissed off, and threatening to kill, in seconds. Yet he has no criminal record so far. He does have a medical history for this and is currently on meds.

A screwdriver is not considered a deadly weapon until it is used to hurt or kill someone. The same should be true for a firearm.

lol but a screwdriver has another use. to install screws. it can be improvised as a weapon, yes.

a gun... whats its other use?

lol

to be clear, im not in total disagreement here. i agree that guns kill people like forks make people fat. but to say that a gun is not a weapon is just... its like saying a couch isnt a piece of furniture.

a weapon is a tool used to cause harm. the fundamental purpose of a gun is to cause harm. yes, a gun is a tool, but its also specifically a weapon.

CS, the gun not being a weapon is a stretch, although I totally agree with your point.

I think that instead of banning all guns, we should ban all idiots. It's only idiots that do stupid things, serious enough to get shot, or shoot people for no reason.

Buh bye Likwid.... :D

lol

to be clear, im not in total disagreement here. i agree that guns kill people like forks make people fat. but to say that a gun is not a weapon is just... its like saying a couch isnt a piece of furniture.

a weapon is a tool used to cause harm. the fundamental purpose of a gun is to cause harm. yes, a gun is a tool, but its also specifically a weapon.

a couch could be a ladder if you stacked up a sectional, or a dwelling if you lived underneath it, or a weapon if you dropped it off a roof. for the record, i am just trying to be difficult.

sounds like it boils down to when it is used. i think that determines what it would classified as. if you use it to rob a liquor store or bank like this hairless wonder wandering around down here in cincy then i would consider it a weapon. if you use it to protect your house when five finger freddy comes through your window i say its protection and light him up like a christmas tree!