My bike is now a Supermoto!!

zerocrash

I decided to go a different direction with my WR250R this year and go full supermoto instead of trail riding it. So after waiting forever for my wheels to come in from the UK they finally arrived the other night along with a DRC tail light and license plate bracket. I also got rid of the FMF exhaust I had on there and replaced it with an HMF. :cool:

This thing is a friggin blast now!! It was fun before but now.. It's pretty much a reckless opp. waiting to happen!! :D

IMG00007-20100403-0916.jpg

IMG00010-20100403-0917.jpg

IMG00005-20100403-0916.jpg

IMG00008-20100403-0917.jpg

I see you went with the conti sm tires, how do you like them? I'm deciding between those and some pilot powers.

I don't have enough miles on them yet to form a true opinion but so far so good. They seem to heat up pretty quickly and feel nice and sticky. :)

I had PP's on my CBR1000RR and definitely liked those but I wanted a specific SM tire for this application. I'll give you a better review after I put a few hundred miles on them, which will hopefully be in the next few days. :cool:

pilot powers>conti Sm's

Under any other circumstance I'd agree with that but everything I've read those conti are suposed to be better on a sumo because theyre designed for the lighter bike so they heat up faster and stay warm where the powers dont unless you are really working them hard because they are made for a heavier bike. And the conti is supossed to be better by far in the wet and on the back roads where you would fun into some gravel and such.

God I want a Sumo, I'd punch a kitten for one, seriously.
I'd punch one for free, as I really really dont like cats.
I don't have enough miles on them yet to form a true opinion but so far so good. They seem to heat up pretty quickly and feel nice and sticky. :)

I had PP's on my CBR1000RR and definitely liked those but I wanted a specific SM tire for this application. I'll give you a better review after I put a few hundred miles on them, which will hopefully be in the next few days. :cool:

Let me know for sure, I gotta decide and get some this week or next so I can get it out. The tires on it now are shot cant ride till I get some.

You coulda come out to hang out with your buds and mingle with your customer base. :dunno:

That's a very good point. I'll just have to tell Justin that I need the day off of the next event for networking, and explain to him that I'm only looking out for the greater good of the company. :):)

That's a very good point. I'll just have to tell Justin that I need the day off of the next event for networking, and explain to him that I'm only looking out for the greater good of the company. :):)

Haha, riiight. Tell him you gotta kiss hands and shake babies.

Under any other circumstance I'd agree with that but everything I've read those conti are suposed to be better on a sumo because theyre designed for the lighter bike so they heat up faster and stay warm where the powers dont unless you are really working them hard because they are made for a heavier bike. And the conti is supossed to be better by far in the wet and on the back roads where you would fun into some gravel and such..

The. Continentals are good tires don't get me wrong though.

My powers have great traction, warm up find, work great in gravel conditions. My drive way is 1/2 mile gravel and a lot of sides roads are gravel/chip n tar and it sticks just fine. Now mud is a differt story. My next tire will be Avons.