Sprinfield vs M&P vs Glock

BiggO

Another thing i love about the glock is the grip angle (A LOT OF PEOPLE DONT) but I do because it sits the gun low in your hands. What that helps is for recoil and being able to pick up the front sight fast and in the games i play thats what maters. it also seems to have less twisting recoil in your hands and more strait up.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, if you'd quit limp wristing it, you wouldn't have that problem.

that has nothing to do with limp wrist its everything about lock up and locking up the same every time. your talking to a guy that will shoot 10,000 rounds this year in competition lol.

I have an XD9 and love it:evil:

I've fired my friends XD9 a few times and liked it as well. i've also fired the XD45 and the XD45 compact and liked both of them a lot.

Never really been a fan of the way glocks felt in my hand.

personally though, i would never buy a guy i hadnt shot before. there is a range near me that rents out almost the entire springfield arms line of XD's, They have quite a few glocks and the M&P too.

im a glock guy so take what i say with a grain of salt. but they are perfection. I have never had a gun i can put more rounds throu with out it jamming or malfunctioning in any way in my life but a revolver. I would trust it with my life and thats saying alot.

Rule #1. Never take 'Glock advice' from a glock guy, never take ford advice from a ford guy, and never take Harley advice from a harley guy. Obviously they're gonna tell you ZOMG HOW FUCKING AWESOME they are and never jam. Realistically my cousin had one that would jam every 8th round. My XD has never jammed or misfired in over 1000 rounds now. Should you get an XD on that? Hell no. Hand guns are like bikes. You'd have to look to fine one Model that's inheriently bad, specific pieces though may be a different story. Go fondle as many as you can get your hands on. Fire them too, and not just 2-3 rounds, put a few hundred through them if you can. Get what fits you. I personally daily carry an XD .45 service model. I can, I'm 6' 2" and 265 pounds, MJ on the other hand would probably need a back pack to conceal carry my gun. Get what fits you, and what you can realisticaly conceal on your person, don't go buy for caliber, buy for physical size, okay buy for caliber somewhat, it MUST be a centerfire gun. When you find something you like you'll know it. Go forth and fondle :)

Edit: I'd like to point out that I know TG said take it with a grain of salt, I wasn't meaning to ridicule him or belittle him in any way I was actually using him as a good example. I just reread what I posted and even I thought it kinda came off like a dick. :) carry on!

Edited by Dweezel

I love my glock, I've fired 10k+ rounds through it easily and it works just as good as the day I got it. Never fired the XD's, but have put a few rounds through an M&P 9 mm and loved it. I'd really like to get an M&P pro series. If you're just an occasional recreational shooter and carrying concealed, I think either one of those guns would be fine. Find a range that will let you rent guns, put a few rounds through all the models and see which one fits you best.

Rule #1. Never take 'Glock advice' from a glock guy, never take ford advice from a ford guy, and never take Harley advice from a harley guy. Obviously they're gonna tell you ZOMG HOW FUCKING AWESOME they are and never jam. Realistically my cousin had one that would jam every 8th round. My XD has never jammed or misfired in over 1000 rounds now. Should you get an XD on that? Hell no. Hand guns are like bikes. You'd have to look to fine one Model that's inheriently bad, specific pieces though may be a different story. Go fondle as many as you can get your hands on. Fire them too, and not just 2-3 rounds, put a few hundred through them if you can. Get what fits you. I personally daily carry an XD .45 service model. I can, I'm 6' 2" and 265 pounds, MJ on the other hand would probably need a back pack to conceal carry my gun. Get what fits you, and what you can realisticaly conceal on your person, don't go buy for caliber, buy for physical size, okay buy for caliber somewhat, it MUST be a centerfire gun. When you find something you like you'll know it. Go forth and fondle :)

I thought rule #1 was don't take gun advice from a motorcycle forum :D

and fwiw I think malfunctions/jams also have a lot to do with the ammo you use, not just the gun. I'm not going to say I've never had a jam, double feed, whatever, but it rarely happens. I don't think there's a gun where thats never going to happen.

I thought rule #1 was don't take gun advice from a motorcycle forum :D

and fwiw I think malfunctions/jams also have a lot to do with the ammo you use, not just the gun. I'm not going to say I've never had a jam, double feed, whatever, but it rarely happens. I don't think there's a gun where thats never going to happen.

Oh definately, and I Fully 100% believe there was something wrong with that particular gun, be it ammo or a manufacturing defect etc. Glock didn't get the reputation it has today by making crap. They are a great gun, but don't buy them on someone else's advice, it may not be what YOU want or need.

I think my xd will shoot as good if not better then a out of the box g-lock. They are by no means inaccurate at all. And mine has fire close to 5000 rnds and is in no way "loose" I think glocks are fine guns just not for me. I had a m&p 9mm and loved it just to big for me to conceal and be comfy with. I have a xd9sc, and a xd 9 service model both have been trouble free and very accurate. The instructor at my ccw clas was even impressed. You can ask drmbtzz he took the class with me and we both had the same gun and out shot every glock there(better shooter not better gun) If the glock fits better and you rent one and like go for it they are great guns. If you rent a xd and love it then get the one you like better(the xd is less money also)

Or go by a hi-point LOL!

I just called Buckeye Outdoors to see if they had the XD40 subcompact that is in Vance's ad for $429 and they do. Then he told me that next month they will have the XD40 subcompact essentials (which is all they had in stock at Vances) on sale for $399. Its the same gun, but you don't get the holsters in the kit.

Thanks for all the advise!

I just called Buckeye Outdoors to see if they had the XD40 subcompact that is in Vance's ad for $429 and they do. Then he told me that next month they will have the XD40 subcompact essentials (which is all they had in stock at Vances) on sale for $399. Its the same gun, but you don't get the holsters in the kit.

Thanks for all the advise!

That's not a bad deal, I have the XD gear (holster/speed loader/mag holster) with mine. I payed $419. The holster is okay, but definitely is not a conceal holster. I tried the speed loader once, it was okay. The mag holster has never been used. I guess the gun holster would be okay for range use where you wouldn't need to have it concealed but that's about it.

Good luck!!

I have shot all three of them and my favorite is the XD. It is smooth shooting, I have NEVER had a jam or a lock up of any sort and it fits well in my hand. The Glock has always been uncomfortable for me to hold in my hand and shoot and my M&P was not very smooth. It was like I could feel every single mm of movement in the slide. It was like every little bit of powder that was on the slide could be felt. I did not like it and sold it to get my Sig. I LOVE my Sig, however it is a full size .45 so, not a carry gun. That is just my .02 and like someone else stated, now you have a bunch of opinions. :D Good luck and enjoy what you get.