Health Care Passes... We are all screwed.O

Dubguy85

If put to a public vote, would you vote for the healthcare bill as it is written?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If put to a public vote, would you vote for the healthcare bill as it is written?

• Yes
    • No

:cool:

If I had more time, I could formulate a better argument. I shouldn't have taken it in that direction upon retrospect. I will return later, better.

And the true Dem in JRMMiii comes out in this comment.

You know I am busting those young, liberal balls of yours amigo. :cool: I find your passion inspiring. But you can't apply that garbage truck building engineering logic to politics. Applying logic to politics is like dancing about architecture.

Edited by RVTPilot
Because RVT can't type.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deep down the bill may do a little good and a lot of nothing. This bill will not bring salvation to the masses. And it will not bring on Armageddon to the America. Its not a win/win or lose/lose. It may bring a little help.

You want a win/win.(hookers and beer/no cameras no lawyers).:beathorse:

:cool:

And the true Dem in JRMMiii comes out in this comment.

You know I am busting those young, liberal balls of yours amigo. :cool: I find your passion inspiring. But you can't apply that garbage trick building engineering logic to politics. Applying logic to politics is like dancing about architecture.

What do Republicans have with young male genitals anyway? Creepy...

More news from people who now have read the new law.

http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=HcBaSP31Be8

I'm seeing more and more scary stuff coming to the surface about this.

My cost goes up about 80% if I have that correct and I'm not sure I do as people keep finding new rules buried in the law.

The part about the "End Of Life" option is very troubling. No possibility of abuse by government here, move along.

AT&T took a billion dollar loss because of this and more companies are following suit.

Government control of all student loans? Followed by a period of mandatory community service.

Price fixing on a national scale by the government? Mandated lists of suppliers and equipment?

Wait, who's brother-in-law owns that health care supply company?

Direct access to my checking accounts by the IRS to make sure I pay my health care bill with out any court oversight.

Read no warrant needed, just an "Administrative Decision"

watch_popup?v=HcBaSP31Be8This is starting to sound pretty scary.

frog-in-boiling-water.jpg

watch_popup?v=HcBaSP31Be8

Edited by Strictly Street

:rolleyes:

How about when you link videos... "the TRUTH about" (which is a dead giveaway it's going to be biased) yada yada yada yada... you might want to make sure they're talking about the right stuff. You're only 9 months behind the times....

Once again, for the second time I've pointed it out, it's HR 3590. Not HR 3200.

Do you know what HR 3200 is? That's the one in 2009 that was revised... that's NOT the one signed into law. It wasn't even voted on by the house or the senate.

new rule...

read it before discussing what you "know" about it.

That means there shouldn't be another post on this thread through July. Now get reading, the lot of you!:D

Ah, tricked by the interwebs again.

Didn't check sources and I'm willing to believe that the government is up to no good. Seems like everytime I hear how good something is I have to reach deeper into my pocket for the privilege of whatever is supposed to be better for me. I have to wonder what other fun things they have in store for us.

AT&T did take a hit of 1 billion dollars over the health care bill and they are not the only ones. Yes this is current information. http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-26/at-t-to-take-1-billion-charge-on-health-care-reform-update1-.html

They are still changing the student loan program, again recent news http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSN2617937220100326

This has nothing to do with health care but is an example of the many things that have been added in.

Although it is unclear how this will all be modified under the raft of changes and modifications that Pelosi has promised.

Amazing that one year the federal govt has taken control of the auto industry, the banking industry and now the health care and insurance industries. Is there anything left for them to take over?

Edited by Strictly Street

I wish I could see into the future, and see what will really happen.

There will be changes, but what and to who? What loopholes exist, that we will all regret?

Is this distracting everyone from bank failures, more foreclosures, credit crash, and another stock market crash prediction? Or even energy crisis and global coolilng/warming? I wonder if this even triggers a market crash? I don't know, it's way too complex to answer. I wish I could see into the future.

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2010-03-27/at-t-deere-ceos-called-by-waxman-to-back-up-health-bill-costs.html

Now they want business to explain the law they just passed ?!?!?

The talking points really sound good. But the numbers don't add up.

Un-intended consequence = fail.

Nancy Pelosi: “We have to pass the health care bill to find what’s in it.”

That's the second time, on here, the AT&T thing has been posted. Besides being < 1% increase in costs (gross - jbot figured it'd be about 4.5% net, I'd agree and think that'd probably be a good ballpark).

Dallas-based AT&T said in a regulatory filing yesterday it would record $1 billion of costs, the most of any U.S. company so far. AT&T previously received a tax-free benefit from the government to subsidize health-care costs for retirees. Under the new bill, AT&T will no longer be able to deduct that subsidy.

So, AT&T is the biggest so far (Deere was $150M, but I didn't look at their financials, but I bet it's a low percentage)... and they're removing previous GOV'T subsidies.

I don't understand. Some people are bitching about how horrible this legislation is, and it's the end of choice and its gov't controlled health care, yet you're reading, right in the article, that it was gov't subsidized care before and you're pissed that's being taken away. WTF? You can't have it both ways.

Ohh, and it's funny how you neglect to mention that GE doesn't anticipate any material changes on it's end.

General Electric Co., the world’s biggest maker of jet engines, power-plant turbines and locomotives, said today it doesn’t anticipate taking a charge tied to the health-care law.

GE, of Fairfield, Connecticut, doesn’t see any “material effect” from the law, spokeswoman Anne Eisele said today.

So, why is that? GE doesn't mention any gov't subsidies for it's employees... why isn't GE complaining that their free gov't money train is gone?

That's the second time, on here, the AT&T thing has been posted. Besides being < 1% increase in costs (gross - jbot figured it'd be about 4.5% net, I'd agree and think that'd probably be a good ballpark).

So, AT&T is the biggest so far (Deere was $150M, but I didn't look at their financials, but I bet it's a low percentage)... and they're removing previous GOV'T subsidies.

I don't understand. Some people are bitching about how horrible this legislation is, and it's the end of choice and its gov't controlled health care, yet you're reading, right in the article, that it was gov't subsidized care before and you're pissed that's being taken away. WTF? You can't have it both ways.

Ohh, and it's funny how you neglect to mention that GE doesn't anticipate any material changes on it's end.

So, why is that? GE doesn't mention any gov't subsidies for it's employees... why isn't GE complaining that their free gov't money train is gone?

Not quite what I got out of the article.

Another way of putting it perhaps is that the new plan is dropping people that were covered on the old plan. They are not likely to get their coverage back if I'm reading this right.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/Democrats-threaten-companies-hit-hard-by-health-care-bill-89347127.html

GE is a company that is organized differently than most. Saying that they have not announced changes is a piece of journalistic fluff. The dogcatcher has not announced changes either.

The other side of it is if it costs them more who is ultimately going to pay? The consumer on one end and the taxpayer on the other end even if they are the same person.

Not that having health care is a bad thing however there is no such thing as a free lunch, somebodies going to pay for this, who and how much is the question.

bottom line is money doesnt grow on trees and if it costs any company even $.01 more than they are going to pass the costs on to their employees or customers. We are their employees and customers, we are going to pay the costs.

Take care of the children and the "tards" let everyone else take care of themselves, no more free lunches

Reading your second article from the washington examiner... it sounds like Capitol Hill wants these companies to explain their math/logic behind the press. It's funny the headline is 'Democrats threaten' to already get the fear monger train rolling before people even read the article. Considering the article is about getting clarification on how these companies are using fuzzy math to make their accounting assumptions. If it's true, it's true and they can show how it's costing them $1B in 'non-cash' (which is still < 1% gross in additional cost). If it's not, then people need to know they're exaggerating. Either way, I'd want to know how they arrived at that number.

Waxman's letter suggests he does not accept the company's decision. "The new law is designed to expand coverage and bring down costs, so your assertions are a matter of concern," Waxman wrote to Stephenson, in addition to letters to Verizon CEO Ivan Seidenberg, Caterpillar CEO James Owens, and Deere & Company CEO Samuel Allen. The companies' decisions, Waxman wrote, "appear to conflict with independent analyses." Waxman's demands for documents are far-reaching. "To assist the Committee with its preparation for the hearing," he wrote to Stephenson, "we request that you provide the following documents from January 1, 2009, through the present:

(1) any analyses related to the projected impact of health care reform on AT&T; and (2) any documents, including e-mail messages, sent to or prepared or reviewed by senior company officials related to the projected impact of health care reform on AT&T. We also request an explanation of the accounting methods used by AT&T since 2003 to estimate the financial impact on your company of the 28 percent subsidy for retiree drug coverage and its deductibility or nondeductibility, including the accounting methods used in preparing the cost impact statement released by AT&T this week.

Waxman's request could prove particularly troubling for the companies. The executives will undoubtedly view such documents as confidential, but if they fail to give Waxman everything he wants, they run the risk of subpoenas and threats from the chairman. And all as punishment for making a business decision in light of a new tax situation.

The particular problem for the companies involves the prescription drug coverage they offer retired workers. In 2003, when President Bush and the Republican Congress passed the Medicare prescription drug entitlement, they offered a tax break to companies that continued to provide drug coverage for their retirees, rather than forcing them into the Medicare system. The new national health care bill ends that tax break, making it more expensive for the companies to continue offering the coverage. Ultimately, some analysts believe, the companies will stop covering the retirees, pushing them into the government system.

Take care of the children and the "tards" let everyone else take care of themselves, no more free lunches

How about you all take care of your own damn children, and your own tards...LOL

I've taken precautions against reproducing, why should I pay for your children?

• 8 months later...