Health Care Passes... We are all screwed.O

Dubguy85

If put to a public vote, would you vote for the healthcare bill as it is written?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If put to a public vote, would you vote for the healthcare bill as it is written?

• Yes
    • No

Aborting babies will be deemed a medical procedure because the child has a birth defect that will cost the tax payers too much money over the child’s lifetime. That's the workaround to the executive order.

XkcdWikipedian.png

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole process would probably be a lot easier if more people than just Duane would read the bill. Most of the comments in this thread are speculation of things that aren't even contained in the legislation. But then again, it would kill the entertainment that is this thread...

that's what I'm saying, this can keep me entertained for days. It's like this is the Glenn Back tryouts or something.

Aborting babies will be deemed a medical procedure because the child has a birth defect that will cost the tax payers too much money over the child’s lifetime. That's the workaround to the executive order.

I hate the idea of abortion, but I acknowledge that 1) it's going to happen whether it's legal or not, and 2) some people don't have the same options I do as far as finances, family support etc.

to be brutal, I'd rather pay for a child to be aborted than pay for that child (and it's mother?) to be on welfare and in social programs their entire lives.

the government SHOULD be looking at such things from a strictly financial perspective. Cost-cutting measures are a good thing, even when I don't necessarily like how they're accomplished.

I hate the idea of abortion, but I acknowledge that 1) it's going to happen whether it's legal or not, and 2) some people don't have the same options I do as far as finances, family support etc.

to be brutal, I'd rather pay for a child to be aborted than pay for that child (and it's mother?) to be on welfare and in social programs their entire lives.

the government SHOULD be looking at such things from a strictly financial perspective. Cost-cutting measures are a good thing, even when I don't necessarily like how they're accomplished.

I agree old people who are no longer productive members of society and are just draining the social security and healthcare budgets should be refused treatment so they can leave us sooner. Old people and retards cost us too much money to keep alive, we will never be able to balance the budget with these expenses.

Time to jump in the ring: 1) the posts comparing health ins. to car ins....all I'm going to say is the great state of Ohio makes everyone pay something called Uninsured Motorist which I didn't see anyone mention. So they kind of have a leg up on healthcare there from a state level and I'm paying for the day when some retard isn't insured and hits me. 2) Working off of Red and UP's comments: Let's stop for a moment and take money out of the equation and let's roll the clock back a couple year.....thousand years say. During the day's of the caveman, everyone was independent but worked as a group for the better of the whole. If some cave whore spit out a one armed and one legged cave baby because she was smoking leaves soaked in tar from a pit, do you think the rest of group is going to help her? Hell no. So why should the group be forced to care for the cave whore's tar baby? They probably didn't and more than likely stuffed it in a hole somewhere for T-rex to find.

Point is don't force health insurance on me, regulate the damn insurance companies, hospital's and Dr's who created this disaster.

to be brutal, I'd rather pay for a child to be aborted than pay for that child (and it's mother?) to be on welfare and in social programs their entire life

I know what your getting for Christmas....... coat hangers!!!!

just eliminating the insurance companies ability to cancel coverage on someone for "maxing out" their benefit dollars makes this bill worth it's weight in gold. Nothing like being treated for terminal cancer and living longer than the diagnosed 6months, just to get a phone call form the insurance folks telling you that you're now being dropped. Not a fun phone call for the person or their family.

See... I thought it was my constitutional right to have the freedom to choose what healthcare I want. I guess our freedoms are diminishing?

And if you ask the omnipotent Nancy Pelosi, healthcare is a right, not a privilege. Since its a right, the gub'mint MUST provide it to you in a form no doubt suited to your needs. And if not, well, they'll tell you what your needs are.

since you guys are actually reading this crap that we had no say over, can someone elaborate on how this affects small businesses with less than 50 people in the company?

I'm actually kinda disappointed in the lack of substantive conversation about the actual bill and heavy focus on automotive analogies. Was hoping to pick up something about what was in this thing without reading 2400+ pages (you know, like most of the people involved in voting for or against it).

When do ALL the changes take effect, not just the no insurance penalties?

Other than do abortions get funded, no insurance penalties, what else is in there? Did they take the public option out?

I never thought to use a motorcycle board to get substantive information about my countries largest social program to date. I should check in here more often if you guys are able to help me understand things better.

While I’m here what is the best age to apply for social security?