Health Care Passes... We are all screwed.O

Dubguy85

If put to a public vote, would you vote for the healthcare bill as it is written?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If put to a public vote, would you vote for the healthcare bill as it is written?

• Yes
    • No

When your high risk activity affects the rest of us because it costs us money the government should legislate that activity out of existence to save us from you.

I'm not one to get involved in political debates, for several reasons. But alienpi made the comment the Canadian guy pays higher motorcycle insurance premiums, because riding a motorcycle is high risk, and correlates to higher health care cost, etc.

Uncle Punk, you replied with, "legislate that activity (I assume you are referring to the high risk activity) out of existence to save us from you". On the off chance I read that correctly, you think it is more ethical for the government to outlaw activities because someone, somewhere, deems it high risk, and therefore nobody should partake? I mean, did I hear that right?

So you are talking about the government taking away constitutional freedom (Obviously as long as the high risk activity isn't, oh i don't know, barricading yourself on the roof of a building and playing real life Grand Theft auto) because it will cost them money, and you think this is ok?

Now, I should have prefaced this reply with, if I misread what you meant, than I apologize. Like I said, I don't typically get involved with political debates, because not everyone will be happy all the time. No matter who is in office. But, I hope I did misconstrue what you meant, and I am not trying to start an argument here.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main issue with Obama and his health care plan is his suggestions for breast cancer and cervical cancer screenings. Under those guide lines I would be dead right now. I have known to many women that have been diagnosed at a younger than normal age. Save the Ta-ta's!

Oh boy I'm excited for the rational discussion backed by citations that this thread will bring. No way will there be baseless statements made without any supporting information and surely none of them will be subject to your typical fallacies. *looks up* Guess it's too late. Oh well then, FLAME ON! :villagers:

:D

I would like to know why it took 2400 pages of legal B.S to get any billed passed,Its simple so more and more pork can be tag along with it. And as far as the obamacare goes which one of these supposed rep. have read this bill,, I would say maybe 5 if that many.

Just one step closer to one world order!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah, cause government should have the right to force you to pay for insurance, making the insurance companies richer and richer. wonder how many politicians own stock in insurance companies.

I fixed that for you Magley.

If you guys don't like Obamacare, you always have the option to find a country that doesn't have socialized healthcare, no?

And go live in mudhuts.

The founding fathers of this country are rolling in their graves. This power definitely wasn't granted to the Federal government by the Constitution.

The founding fathers of this country are rolling in their graves. This power definitely wasn't granted to the Federal government by the Constitution.

+ 1 Million

Our Constitution is slowly dying. Sad to see really. Our generation is really F'ng up this Country

There's always Idaho too, I suppose.

This is going to turn into the Marijuana law thing. States will say it's OK, but the DEA will still be cracking down on offenders smoking the ganja.

States vs. Feds - deathmatch.

It's comical that so many on here (and 1/2 of my facebook friends) have the 'doom and gloom', sky is falling attitude. What specifically are you ('you' in the general sense - no one personally) opposed to? Cite from the full text of HR 3590 only.

Edited by JRMMiii

There's always Idaho too, I suppose.

This is going to turn into the Marijuana law thing. States will say it's OK, but the DEA will still be cracking down on offenders smoking the ganja.

States vs. Feds - deathmatch.

It's comical on here that everyone is 'doom and gloom', sky is falling. What specifically are you ('you' in the general sense - no one personally) opposed to? Cite from the full text of HR 3590 only.

Come on if you don't let people use their daily talking points (from either side) you know you're not going to get many useful responses. :D

:devil:

Edited by fusion

+ 1 Million

Our Constitution is slowly dying. Sad to see really. Our generation is really F'ng up this Country

It isn't our generation. It's our parents' and grandparents' generations whom are in office not listening to a damn thing we the people are saying.

It isn't our generation. It's our parents' and grandparents' generations whom are in office not listening to a damn thing we the people are saying.

That's what I was going to say before the site started pooping on me.

We still have opposing sides, but they aren't nearly as radical. There's no way we're going to be able to support a dying generation twice the size of our either.

That's what I was going to say before the site started pooping on me.

We still have opposing sides, but they aren't nearly as radical. There's no way we're going to be able to support a dying generation twice the size of our either.

By site pooping on you I assume you mean when you tried to post in this thread, it wouldn't? I'm trying to figure that one out. It's just this thread.

"Both sides would do well to remember the dignity of the house." Said on the House floor last night ago during an outcry.

I got a good chuckle out of that. The people said they didn't want this but Pelosi's betting pool on the number of votes they'd get was more important.

Edited by chevysoldier

I'm not one to get involved in political debates, for several reasons. But alienpi made the comment the Canadian guy pays higher motorcycle insurance premiums, because riding a motorcycle is high risk, and correlates to higher health care cost, etc.

Uncle Punk, you replied with, "legislate that activity (I assume you are referring to the high risk activity) out of existence to save us from you". On the off chance I read that correctly, you think it is more ethical for the government to outlaw activities because someone, somewhere, deems it high risk, and therefore nobody should partake? I mean, did I hear that right?

So you are talking about the government taking away constitutional freedom (Obviously as long as the high risk activity isn't, oh i don't know, barricading yourself on the roof of a building and playing real life Grand Theft auto) because it will cost them money, and you think this is ok?

Now, I should have prefaced this reply with, if I misread what you meant, than I apologize. Like I said, I don't typically get involved with political debates, because not everyone will be happy all the time. No matter who is in office. But, I hope I did misconstrue what you meant, and I am not trying to start an argument here.

Thanks for that post, it made me laugh as hard as any post in a long time. Stick around, you'll understand why. Starting an argument gives the mods something to do; it’s kind of like a sport.

There seems to be some confusion about how much the fine is for not having healthcare insurance. I have heard as low as $700 and as high as $5,000. Both numbers are good in my book and can pose a significant savings for most of us.

Let's say I am paying $550 a month now for insurance but I don't use it. That is a cost of $6,600 a year. This will give me a savings of $1,600 a year if I just pay the fine and there is no down side because pre-existing conditions can't be turned down to generate a new policy. I guess this is a good thing except I thought this was supposed to be free.

This is the price of rationing. I heard about this on NPR a few months ago. Not sure if there is any validity to it' date=' but I can certainly see how the FedGov could use statistics to push the screenings to a later date. This may not affect the majority of women, but the minority will be screwed. Fear not.. the Democrats are the party of the minority. They'll have [b']a knife inyour back for sure. :rolleyes:

Fixed.