Health Care Passes... We are all screwed.O

Dubguy85

If put to a public vote, would you vote for the healthcare bill as it is written?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. If put to a public vote, would you vote for the healthcare bill as it is written?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I DON'T like subtitle F part 1

Subtitle F - Shared Responsibility for Health Care

Part I - Individual Responsibility

(Sec. 1501, as modified by section 10106) Requires individuals to maintain minimal essential health care coverage beginning in 2014. Imposes a penalty for failure to maintain such coverage beginning in 2014, except for certain low-income individuals who cannot afford coverage, members of Indian tribes, and individuals who suffer hardship. Exempts from the coverage requirement individuals who object to health care coverage on religious grounds, individuals not lawfully present in the United States, and individuals who are incarcerated.

Especially since someone can claim "religious objection" to health coverage... wait a sec ...looks like I found my loophole. Ðuaneism is now my official religion and opposes health coverage unless provided by an employer.

Other than this, I think the bill is pretty good.

Edited by magley64

could you elaborate on this please?

And what my brother in law just told me

And we have now lost all choices for insurance offered by our company to its employees. We are now all doomed to Obama-care since it will be less costly for the corporate shareholders.

This letter appeared in the Indianapolis Star (which is owned by the same people who own the Arizona Republic ) and was sent to a very popular Indiana Senator. This just goes to show everyone what pressure these Democrats are currently under, so continue to let them know how you feel about the healthcare bill.

Bill Stough

Shock to NBC This morning.

An Indianapolis doctor's letter to Sen. Bayh about the Bill (Note: Dr. Stephen E. Frazer, MD practices as an anesthesiologist in Indianapolis, IN ) Here is a letter I sent to Senator Bayh.. Feel free to copy it and send it around to all other representatives. -- Stephen Fraser

Senator Bayh,...content....

Stephen E. Fraser, MD

snoped, and frauded...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/frazer.asp

I meant what "choices" specifically...

IE she used to be able to buy from Antherm BCBS, Assurant, or CIGNA, and NOW she has to buy from X or whatever her exact situation was.

Edited by magley64

snoped, and frauded...

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/frazer.asp

I meant what "choices" specifically...

IE she used to be able to buy from Antherm BCBS, Assurant, or CIGNA, and NOW she has to buy from X or whatever her exact situation was.

Thanks. Retracted.

What does the current bill say about HSAs? I don't really care about the rest of it. Am I allowed to keep my current plan? I know the previous Senate bill kicked HSAs to the curb' date=' so I'm a bit apprehensive of this bill. I can't seem to find information on it.[/quote']

I just skimmed it, but all I could find in the 2409 pages was that the HSA could be taxed higher (20%) if it was not used for qualifying medical expenses.

Once we get Obamacare we'll be much closer to the formation of the North American Union. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_Union It seems that it'd make sense, after a while, to assimilate Canada's healthcare. And then after that, it would make sense to go to universal currency, like the Euro. Maybe we should call it the Amero. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_currency_union

Before we have a revolution I'm hoping the Senate can find a procedural loop hole to keep this from passing. It’s dubious because they only need a simple majority now but it’s my last chance of hope to get this stupid piece of shit legislation killed. Next comes the constitutional challenges and the hope the republicans can get the majority back in both the house and senate to repeal it.

what could possibly go wrong?

I met a motorcyclist from Manitoba (Canada) down at the Dragon this past October. (He rode an old yellow Ducati 748, which was basically his track bike, all the way from Manitoba! {over 1000 miles [one way]}) He said that his motorcycle insurance is outrageous because motorcycling is considered high-risk activity. So despite universal healthcare he has to pay more because he's a motorcyclist.

He explained that somehow the motorcycle insurance pays money for the additional healthcare.

Could other high-risk activities be a cause for additional taxes? It seems like a slippery slope to me.

The slippery slope is a huge fucking mountain. High risk activities like a high fat diet could be outlawed. How about an hour of government mandated exercise every day? Traffic tickets equals higher healthcare premiums. The actuaries the government will be using will be much broader than the ones insurance companies are using. There is nothing wrong with an insurance company raising a rate for high risk activities it's your choice to pay the cost. When your high risk activity affects the rest of us because it costs us money the government should legislate that activity out of existence to save us from you.

I have only begun. Wait until the libtard Justin gets here tomorrow and start posting links to other people’s opinions on how this is a good thing. That's when the real fun will start. I really don't expect this will stay on topic too long.

I will be posting up all kinds of things speculating about what this bill is because it hasn't totally passed yet so we don't know what's in it yet. They have to pass it before we will know what's in it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoE1R-xH5To