2010 Census

chevysoldier

So who has gotten it? What info have you filled out. What do you plan on answering? Name, number in household and age?

The Census Bureau derives its power from the United States Constitution. Article 1, Section 2, Paragraph 3 states:

Representatives and direct Taxes shall be apportioned among the several States which may be included within this Union, according to their respective Numbers, which shall be determined by adding to the whole Number of free Persons, including those bound to Service for a Term of Years, and excluding Indians not taxed, three fifths of all other Persons [Modified by Amendment XIV]. The actual Enumeration shall be made within three Years after the first Meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent Term of ten Years, in such Manner as they shall by Law direct. The Number of Representatives shall not exceed one for every thirty Thousand, but each State shall have at Least one Representative;

http://blog.pakakuy.com/node/223

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iUMurKinTVE

:rulez:

TITLE 13 - CENSUS

CHAPTER 5 - CENSUSES

SUBCHAPTER II - POPULATION, HOUSING, AND UNEMPLOYMENT

-HEAD-

Sec. 141. Population and other census information

-STATUTE-

(a) The Secretary shall, in the year 1980 and every 10 years

thereafter, take a decennial census of population as of the first

day of April of such year, which date shall be known as the

"decennial census date", in such form and content as he may

determine, including the use of sampling procedures and special

surveys. In connection with any such census, the Secretary is

authorized to obtain such other census information as necessary.

(b) The tabulation of total population by States under subsection

(a) of this section as required for the apportionment of

Representatives in Congress among the several States shall be

completed within 9 months after the census date and reported by the

Secretary to the President of the United States.

(g) As used in this section, "census of population" means a

census of population, housing, and matters relating to population

and housing.

They don't need my name to count the population.

They already have your name.....and your number. You are number :bigfinger: to them.

Mine showed today, I opened, saw how long the form is, set it back down. I suppose I should look at it and see what it say? :dunno:

I don't follow the tin foil hats.

The video refers to people knocking at my door. I've never seen these people yet, I'll deal with that if it happens, and wouldn't tell them anything that isn't in the public domain already.

I just got the written survey, took 5 minutes to fill it out, and sent it back. There's NOTHING on that form that a gov't agency doesn't already have if you own property, receive a W2 each year, or have State Issued ID card. :rolleyes: With the exception of your race, maybe.

Regardless, I get the whole standing up for your rights and "If it's not in the Constitution, I don't hafta"-thing, but it's not like they don't already have that information. So I hope you guys aren't disillusioned into thinking that your privacy is being protected by not giving your name when they've already got your address.

BTW, looking at the "Matrix News Network" site. Ummm, yea...

This is where they link from their "Important Links" site on "News"

logosmalr.gif

Citizens For Legitimate Government

is a multi-partisan activist group established to expose the Bush coup d'etat, and to oppose the Bush occupation in all of its manifestations.

Yes, Gore DID win!

Make of it what you want, but it seems like some fringe leftist group... to be fair though, they do have a "News for the Right" that links to the Drudgereport.com.

I don't follow the tin foil hats.

The video refers to people knocking at my door. I've never seen these people yet, I'll deal with that if it happens, and wouldn't tell them anything that isn't in the public domain already.

I just got the written survey, took 5 minutes to fill it out, and sent it back. There's NOTHING on that form that a gov't agency doesn't already have if you own property, receive a W2 each year, or have State Issued ID card. :rolleyes: With the exception of your race, maybe.

So if they have that info then explain the reasoning behind answering it again?

I wonder the same thing.. they could track me if they wanted.

I suppose because it allows them to track some 'undocumented people' and it's much easier to convince them to fill it out, if EVERYONE has to fill it out. I really don't know, but it's definitely a good guise if you want to show people you're not singling them out.

I wonder the same thing.. they could track me if they wanted.

I suppose because it allows them to track some 'undocumented people' and it's much easier to convince them to fill it out, if EVERYONE has to fill it out. I really don't know, but it's definitely a good guise if you want to show people you're not singling them out.

I could see that. I'm still only gonna answer number and age. maybe put 4th Amendment for everything else?:p

Like Pauly said... if you want to just fill out the requirements, fine - but don't think your privacy is protected. I'm guessing that the additional information really just helps them link all their 'databases' together quicker and more accurately.

I've got no reason to hide, yet. So, I'll oblige them. Besides, if 200 years from now someone is researching how awesome I am, they can go through census data and find me (seriously though, a lot of people use it for genealogical data as it's made public after 72 years, I believe?)

Like Pauly said... if you want to just fill out the requirements, fine - but don't think your privacy is protected. I'm guessing that the additional information really just helps them link all their 'databases' together quicker and more accurately.

I've got no reason to hide, yet. So, I'll oblige them. Besides, if 200 years from now someone is researching how awesome I am, they can go through census data and find me (seriously though, a lot of people use it for genealogical data as it's made public after 72 years, I believe?)

No it's not that I think the questions being asked they don't already know , but if they do know, why ask? And if they ask stuff other than what is required by law to ask, for population count, what questions will be on the next census? the one after that? And to throw this into the mix, Obama doesn't seem to care about what the Constitution says either.

"I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what the procedural rules are in the house or the senate."

What questions will be on the next census? the one after that?

'Slippery slope' arguments are rarely, if ever, valid.

And to throw this into the mix, Obama doesn't seem to care about what the Constitution says either.

"I don't spend a lot of time worrying about what the procedural rules are in the house or the senate."

You had to go there.... :nono: I'll spare you my rant this time.

'Slippery slope' arguments are rarely, if ever, valid.

You had to go there.... :nono: I'll spare you my rant this time.

Just saying, I'm not gonna answer anything other than what I am to required by law. Neither this one or any other.

He said it. That's your hero right there. ;)

I'm sure he did, but 1) He's not my 'hero' and 2) What context was it in? Context is pretty important.

Why should he worry about the procedural rules? He's the President, not a Congressman anymore. You don't worry about things outside your job scope do you? I don't worry about what the rules the Finance Dept and Supply Base have to follow when I have to get Engineering tasks done. I do my job, and follow whatever procedures I'm responsible for, outside of that it might matter and something I should be cognizant of, but not something I'm going to worry about.

+1. The FedGov can't even keep our drones from being hacked. Not sure I'm too thrilled with them having access to a bunch of other stuff' date=' too. I know they already gotz it, but if they can't find it... maybe it's for the better.[/quote']

I'm more concerned with the methods they're using to obtain the information. I feel more secure passing my information through a secure website than I do through the regular post mail.