Ohio riders track day at gingerman $100

STT-Guy

• Replies 531
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thinking ahead! The weather has now zeroed out for rain with highs in the 60s-70s for Sunday. Just need to get some zip ties and misc stuff and Nick and I are off Thursday for a fun filled weekend!

Had the new tail decaled by Chris Kruzel from the WERA board. Kudos to Nate for the referance! Turned out well imho! :)

http://www.drippinwet.com/custom/cbr600tail2.jpg

http://www.drippinwet.com/custom/cbr600tail3.jpg

Not to derail the current conversation, but r1crusher and I were wondering about the lunch situation there, and decided to bring a Coleman Grill2Go with plenty of propane. So as the owner, I am offering up the use of it to anyone who decided to bring their own chow. We're doing simple hot dogs or burgers, but if you want to bring your own food and cook your own food, the use of my grill is free. He and I are both running in the novice class, so anyone running at the same time is welcome to come grub up when we do. If there are riders that are in the other classes and want to use it, get a hold of us sometime Sunday morning and you can come over to where we're set up.

Hmmmm....wonder if I could convince my girl to play chef for us while we're out on the track so we can end our session (I'm in novice too) and have food waiting? That'd be a win-win for everyone :D

There will be quiet time too for the church so lunch will be 2 hours.

actually 2 hours and 40 minutes. a "normal" lunch is really an hour and 40 minutes.

I'm in "I" group, so on a 'normal' day, I would start my lunch break at 11:20, and not ride again until 1:00

Novice guys wouldn't start lunch until 12:00, but they also wouldn't ride again until 1:40.

we will have PLENTY of time to cook lunch on Sunday. I have a smaller camp grill that I can bring if the big grill isn't going to make the trip. Just have to make sure i grab a new $3 propane cylinder.

Hmmmm....wonder if I could convince my girl to play chef for us while we're out on the track so we can end our session (I'm in novice too) and have food waiting? That'd be a win-win for everyone :D

If...and I am SO not going to volunteer anything that might advocate a domestic dispute between anyone :D she would volunteer to do so, I will pack the gear.

My ex was that cool when I went to rr school at Daytona in '97. She went and kept my gas tank filled, cleaned my lid and visor when I was in class, and made burger runs for me and the boys. It made the day a ton better!

I'm sure all of us men could find a way to repay her.

:D

Kidding Harb!! But it would be a fine gesture on her part and I'm sure she'd get invited back to any other track days.

for anyone questioning the method... R1Crusher's Avatar explains it all:lol:

If...and I am SO not going to volunteer anything that might advocate a domestic dispute between anyone :D she would volunteer to do so, I will pack the gear.

If you decide to bring the grill let me know and I'll tell her to expect to cook, but now that someone has mentioned that lunch will be extra long and we don't have to hurry to eat I'd understand if you opted to leave it at home.

If you decide to bring the grill let me know and I'll tell her to expect to cook, but now that someone has mentioned that lunch will be extra long and we don't have to hurry to eat I'd understand if you opted to leave it at home.

Well, after surveying the pack up situation this evening, I think I will forego packing up the grill, and box lunch it. Sorry for the tease gang, but too much other shit.

if i have room i could bring my grill..

i gotta check my trailer situation first..

what time do the gates open??

and where is everyone staying the night before?

anyone have the address for the track so i can put it in my GPS?

oh and will there be in any photographers there? i know at putnam there wasnt, but just curious.

Edited by Hoblick

I was gonna start preping the bike tonight. What psi should I run in the tires of my CBR 1000rr? I'm running in the novice class.

honestly it all depends on your tires... a lot of guys will start at 30-30 get a session in then chekc them cuz they will warm up and air expands.. it should jump a PSI or Two then drop it back down to 30-30.. i personally run 30-28 and i run Continental sport attack street tires

if i have room i could bring my grill..

i gotta check my trailer situation first..

what time do the gates open??

and where is everyone staying the night before?

anyone have the address for the track so i can put it in my GPS?

oh and will there be in any photographers there? i know at putnam there wasnt, but just curious.

Information from the Gingerman Raceway website:

Start: 05/16/2010 - 09:00

End: 05/16/2010 - 17:00

(Gates might open earlier I don't know for sure though)

GET ON THE RIGHT TRACK WITH SPORTBIKE TRACK TIME

A Sportbike Track Time Event will be an unforgettable experience.... we guarantee it !! The STT event format is designed to give each and every rider maximum on-track time. We offer weekend and weekday events. A typical 3-group standard day will find you enjoying 140 - 160 miles of track time. Riders at a Limited Endurance Day - LED (2-groups & 30-minute sessions) regularly log 200 – 260 miles of track time. Riders at standard events are split into three groups - Novice, Intermediate and Advanced whereas LED's use a two-group system. Participation is strictly limited to ensure a quality experience. 96% of our events sold out in 2005.

Events are open to riders of all skill levels. Personalized instruction is provided and encouraged. All Novice group participants receive "Class-Time" and on-track instruction with qualified instructors at no additional costs. Personal instruction is available for the intermediate and advanced riders by the STT staff. At day's end you will have a new found sense of confidence in yourself and your machine.

Your Track Day Includes:

· Maximum On-Track Time

· AM snacks -fresh fruit, sweet buns, donuts

· On Track & Classroom Instruction

· Water and sports-drinks throughout the day

· Photographer at most events

· On-site EMS and professional corner staff

· At track tire sales & service

Address of Ging is: Gingerman Raceway, Ltd. * 61414 Phoenix Road * South Haven, MI 49090

RVTPilot and I have a room booked at the Hampton Inn in South Haven for Sat. night. (It was free cuz I haz lots of points thru business trips :D)