Jump to content
SAMBUSA

Random Thoughts thread

Recommended Posts

17 hours ago, durk said:

Sounds like you nailed the summary of the story. 

Yes, it was.

17 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

So, yes.  Definitely entertaining.

Hell yes. Thats the only reason I'm a member of that group - to watch the dumpster fire and stir the pot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohh if I send a membership request make sure I get accepted

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you find a bike that has an auto blipper, a cup holder and what appears to be “stig” mode... ☺️
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 3:50 PM, TimTheAzn said:

Anyone a member of the Columbus Riders facebook group? Constant entertainment. :lol: What a dumpster fire.

@DerekClouser @jacobhawkins @what

A (young) co-worker is on there.  I'll have to ask him about it.  As far as I can tell, my co-worker isn't a complete squid, only somewhat.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/7/2020 at 7:07 PM, Pauly said:

Sonuvabich.. I DO NOT want to make a FB account. 

Then don't?  All you posted on there before was bicycle bullshit anyway...

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The fastest and slowest I'll ride is solo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Concours should be a very formidable competitor, but it is as dated as the Voyager. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Kawasaki doesn’t release a new Concours, then I figure it’s on the chopping block. Yamaha gave up on the FJR, the sport touring market is really ready for something new.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

If Kawasaki doesn’t release a new Concours, then I figure it’s on the chopping block. Yamaha gave up on the FJR, the sport touring market is really ready for something new.

I think Kawasaki has the best street lineup of any of the Japanese big 4.  Their only holes are a big ADV bike and a big (sporty) tourer, which coincidentally are the only Honda's that are particularly attractive.  Even their dated 1700 cruisers are the only real Japanese competition for HD. 

They need to decide if the Versys 1000 is an ADV bike or a ST to go along with the new N1K.  It 'd be interesting if an updated Concours was a more of a competitor to the GW, but perhaps a bit lighter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Kawi needs a very low-twenties heavy sport tourer. Just take the Connie and fix everything not perfect... and then add electronic cruise and an Android Auto capable display. It's damn near perfect, now. Why stop this close to a real winner? I think they could skip the satnav and still be on target. The Connie has a strong pedigree. 

GoldWing folks are forever men. No new Concours will steal many of them away. So, let Honda have them and build a real deal tourer without insult of half-assed options and at a price that can be justified for someone with a mortgage and a family of five. 

Edited by Pauly

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Kawi needs a very low-twenties heavy sport tourer. Just take the Connie and fix everything not perfect... and then add electronic cruise and an Android Auto capable display. It's damn near perfect, now. Why stop this close to a real winner? I think they could skip the satnav and still be on target. The Connie has a strong pedigree. 

GoldWing folks are forever men. No new Concours will steal many of them away. So, let Honda and BMW have them and build a real deal tourer without insult of half-assed options and at a price that can be justified for someone with a mortgage and a family of five. 

I personally would love to see a sporty tourer (not a cruiser) with real, actual passenger accommodations that doesn't weigh 800lbs.

I think the BMW R1250RT comes closest.  The passenger accommodations are only pretty good, but not good enough for a multi day ride.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

I personally would love to see a sporty tourer (not a cruiser) with real, actual passenger accommodations that doesn't weigh 800lbs.

BINGO. This is why I sold the FJR for a wing. Passenger comfort yet sporty enough to keep me happy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

I personally would love to see a sporty tourer (not a cruiser) with real, actual passenger accommodations that doesn't weigh 800lbs.

I think the BMW R1250RT comes closest.  The passenger accommodations are only pretty good, but not good enough for a multi day ride.

 

33 minutes ago, JustinNck1 said:

BINGO. This is why I sold the FJR for a wing. Passenger comfort yet sporty enough to keep me happy.

Maybe the more sportier platforms just don't fit the mold of a 2-up machine at the heavy tourer level. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Pauly said:

 

Maybe the more sportier platforms just don't fit the mold of a 2-up machine at the heavy tourer level. 

If you put a GW style top box/tour pack on an existing Connie/FJR/RT you'd be 90% done :dunno: it could even be an accessory instead of a new model.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Tpoppa said:

If you put a GW style top box/tour pack on an existing Connie/FJR/RT you'd be 90% done :dunno: it could even be an accessory instead of a new model.

Yeah, the seat can be made to accommodate but the trunk options are not that comfortable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is the subframe rated for more weight? What would a trunk with quality accommodations weigh? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Pauly said:

Is the subframe rated for more weight? What would a trunk with quality accommodations weigh? 

Id have to check, but IIRC the RT is rated to carry more load than the GW.  Not sure what determines that rating though.  Tires, frame, subframe, brakes???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tpoppa said:

Id have to check, but IIRC the RT is rated to carry more load than the GW.  Not sure what determines that rating though.  Tires, frame, subframe, brakes???

Yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What is the point of DHS recording phone calls when robocaller spam can spoof and no one knows who they are to smash their face?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A pillow that doesn't cut off circulation in your arms. Genius!

81%2Bft1zKCeL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When a semi passes you on the right it’s time to get out of the fast lane 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If uPS don't finish the route on the scheduled delivery day, they start from the beginning the next day with the chance of missing it again instead of starting where they left off?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

If uPS don't finish the route on the scheduled delivery day, they start from the beginning the next day with the chance of missing it again instead of starting where they left off?

They stay out until the route is done... OT 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...