Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

• 3 weeks later...

So after the engine blew in my fusion at 80k miles I just didn't trust it anymore with the replacement engine. I traded it in on a new (to me) truck that is so unpractical, but I fucking love it... So oh well. It only gets 13mpg and I can't park it at my job because the garage is too short there; I have to park it a half mile away and pay an extra $30 to use the garage between the stadiums downtown lol. Garages above 6'8" are rare here, or so I found out recently.

It's a 2015 F150 with a 5.0. At least she's pretty. Got tired of my father-in-law bitching about scratches on his truck when we take it out to the desert to go shooting. So I got my own lol. His truck is a Platinum edition so he acts like it's too nice to get dirty. This one is a Lariat and seems to have all the same shit as his. Not sure what the difference even is, but this one is gonna get dirty lol.

317207.jpeg

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

So after the engine blew in my fusion at 80k miles I just didn't trust it anymore with the replacement engine. I traded it in on a new (to me) truck that is so unpractical, but I fucking love it... So oh well. It only gets 13mpg and I can't park it at my job because the garage is too short there; I have to park it a half mile away and pay an extra $30 to use the garage between the stadiums downtown lol. Garages above 6'8" are rare here, or so I found out recently.

It's a 2015 F150 with a 5.0. At least she's pretty. Got tired of my father-in-law bitching about scratches on his truck when we take it out to the desert to go shooting. So I got my own lol. His truck is a Platinum edition so he acts like it's too nice to get dirty. This one is a Lariat and seems to have all the same shit as his. Not sure what the difference even is, but this one is gonna get dirty lol.

317207.jpeg

So you had a Ford you didn’t trust, yet you bought another Ford :dunno:

11 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

317207.jpeg

Congrats man! nice looking truck

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

This one is a Lariat and seems to have all the same shit as his. Not sure what the difference even is, but this one is gonna get dirty lol.

Platinum's are just an old man flex. Typically old men that don't use the truck as a truck.

2 hours ago, durk said:

So you had a Ford you didn’t trust, yet you bought another Ford :dunno:

It's all I ever own, if I can help it. I've had way more good than bad. I blame the size of the engine in the fusion more than the brand. It's too hot here and I have too heavy of a foot to drive a 1.5L 200ish hp turbo 4 banger; I really think I just ran it down. The 5.0 NA motor is much better and I don't have to run it to redline to merge onto the freeways lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Platinum's are just an old man flex. Typically old men that don't use the truck as a truck.

Other than some badging, the only thing his truck has that mine is missing is powered running boards and heated rear seats. He also paid 10k more for his and it's a generation older. So far I love the Lariat. I've never had anything but base model trucks before now. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

It's all I ever own, if I can help it. I've had way more good than bad. I blame the size of the engine in the fusion more than the brand. It's too hot here and I have too heavy of a foot to drive a 1.5L 200ish hp turbo 4 banger; I really think I just ran it down. The 5.0 NA motor is much better and I don't have to run it to redline to merge onto the freeways lol

I get it. I was just messing with you. They all have their issues. It is a nice looking truck. 

4 minutes ago, durk said:

I get it. I was just messing with you. They all have their issues. It is a nice looking truck. 

My step-dad has had some awful experience with Fords recently so I hear you lol. 

I left the house to go test drive a Ram and I ended up at a GMC dealer buying a Ford 😂

It interesting some people are very brand loyal. My parents have only ever driven GM. On the other hand we currently have 3 vehicles, one German, one Japanese and one American, 2 of those are brands we have not owned previously. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Other than some badging, the only thing his truck has that mine is missing is powered running boards and heated rear seats. He also paid 10k more for his and it's a generation older. So far I love the Lariat. I've never had anything but base model trucks before now. 

when i bought my F-350 the only difference in the platinum and Lariat (other than price) was the platinum had a sunroof and the electric running boards. Always heard bad things about the running boards after two years not working anymore and I didn't care about a sun roof.

3 hours ago, bowdog said:

when i bought my F-350 the only difference in the platinum and Lariat (other than price) was the platinum had a sunroof and the electric running boards. Always heard bad things about the running boards after two years not working anymore and I didn't care about a sun roof.

I don't like the powered running boards... They get in the way. My truck has a huge double moon roof but I'll probably never use it... My luck it'd get stuck open or start to leak lol. Never been a sun roof person, if I could snap my fingers and have a solid roof I would do it. However, the glass roof helped sell it to my wife... So 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...