SAMBUSA

Random Thoughts thread

was shopping for new end of season pants as I haven't worn mine all summer with a tight waist. Was looking at reviews for size comparison and read about waist cinch straps. Checked mine and sho nuff they were cinched and forgotten. they fit now. :facepalm: I probably would have already bought more except they are mesh with kevlar and discontinued .

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Why not just leave it open? That's not very smart. 

probably have enough unmaintained cars and distracted accidents to need a break down lane when people expect to drive straight through in light traffic. I haven't been on that section in years

Going to let my manager know my only work goal is to get out of the department. 

44 minutes ago, motocat12 said:

Going to let my manager know my only work goal is to get out of the department. 

That ought to do it.

Just now, SpecialEd said:

That ought to do it.

I bet it won't. Seriously short staffed with lots of low output workers. I expect they'll ask what I think is wrong then refute or say "we're working on it" while changing nothing as usual.

New year started off pretty crappy. Master bathroom toilet was clogged last night. I plunged and flushed 5 gallon bucket after 5 gallon bucket through it and it would handle only water. As soon as paper was tossed in, toilet clogged. After quite sometime of trying to get the thing to work my wife tells me “today I was cleaning the sink off and I heard a NyQuil medicine cup fall, but I couldn’t find it”. So this was how I started today off. 

q92BwTm.jpg

all because of this 

e3i0Mvk.jpg

After pulling the toilet I ran to Lowe’s 20 minutes away and picked up $50 of pieces, parts to put the crapper back together. I get home get it all together and everything was working good. Then my wife comes in and says the tank doesn’t look level. After taking a step back I realize she’s right. I run down stairs to the basement and grab my level. I get it pretty good, but then I decide the thing just needs a 1/4 more turn on the left side and it’ll be perfect. That 1/4 turn cracks the tank. I was not happy. Back to Lowe’s I went with the cracked tank, thinking they would sell just a replacement tank. Nope, wrong answer. I had to buy a whole new turlet. I grabbed a $100 one off the floor and a couple other items to make the install a little easier. I stuffed the thing in the back seat of my car and back home I went. The good news was I installed the second one much faster and it is a better crapper than what we had before. I sure hope January 2nd goes better than the first. Today was my last day off for winter break. I head back to school tomorrow for meetings, so my hopes aren’t real high. 

• Beer 1

3 hours ago, durk said:

all because of this 

at least you don't have to go buy a replacement cup now.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

If you put the damn lid down when you were finished this would not have happened.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Tonik said:

If you put the damn lid down when you were finished this would not have happened.

Real men never put the lid down. 

36 minutes ago, durk said:

No they just spend a few hundy and their day off changing a toilet.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, durk said:

If you had sauerkraut yesterday, you might want that lid down! 

• Upvote 1

She knew and she flushed it, anyway. Do not listen to her lies. 

• Haha 2

So after the engine blew in my fusion at 80k miles I just didn't trust it anymore with the replacement engine. I traded it in on a new (to me) truck that is so unpractical, but I fucking love it... So oh well. It only gets 13mpg and I can't park it at my job because the garage is too short there; I have to park it a half mile away and pay an extra $30 to use the garage between the stadiums downtown lol. Garages above 6'8" are rare here, or so I found out recently.

It's a 2015 F150 with a 5.0. At least she's pretty. Got tired of my father-in-law bitching about scratches on his truck when we take it out to the desert to go shooting. So I got my own lol. His truck is a Platinum edition so he acts like it's too nice to get dirty. This one is a Lariat and seems to have all the same shit as his. Not sure what the difference even is, but this one is gonna get dirty lol.

317207.jpeg

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

So after the engine blew in my fusion at 80k miles I just didn't trust it anymore with the replacement engine. I traded it in on a new (to me) truck that is so unpractical, but I fucking love it... So oh well. It only gets 13mpg and I can't park it at my job because the garage is too short there; I have to park it a half mile away and pay an extra $30 to use the garage between the stadiums downtown lol. Garages above 6'8" are rare here, or so I found out recently.

It's a 2015 F150 with a 5.0. At least she's pretty. Got tired of my father-in-law bitching about scratches on his truck when we take it out to the desert to go shooting. So I got my own lol. His truck is a Platinum edition so he acts like it's too nice to get dirty. This one is a Lariat and seems to have all the same shit as his. Not sure what the difference even is, but this one is gonna get dirty lol.

317207.jpeg

So you had a Ford you didn’t trust, yet you bought another Ford :dunno:

11 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

317207.jpeg

Congrats man! nice looking truck

• Beer 1

11 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

This one is a Lariat and seems to have all the same shit as his. Not sure what the difference even is, but this one is gonna get dirty lol.

Platinum's are just an old man flex. Typically old men that don't use the truck as a truck.

2 hours ago, durk said:

So you had a Ford you didn’t trust, yet you bought another Ford :dunno:

It's all I ever own, if I can help it. I've had way more good than bad. I blame the size of the engine in the fusion more than the brand. It's too hot here and I have too heavy of a foot to drive a 1.5L 200ish hp turbo 4 banger; I really think I just ran it down. The 5.0 NA motor is much better and I don't have to run it to redline to merge onto the freeways lol

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

Platinum's are just an old man flex. Typically old men that don't use the truck as a truck.

Other than some badging, the only thing his truck has that mine is missing is powered running boards and heated rear seats. He also paid 10k more for his and it's a generation older. So far I love the Lariat. I've never had anything but base model trucks before now. 

2 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

It's all I ever own, if I can help it. I've had way more good than bad. I blame the size of the engine in the fusion more than the brand. It's too hot here and I have too heavy of a foot to drive a 1.5L 200ish hp turbo 4 banger; I really think I just ran it down. The 5.0 NA motor is much better and I don't have to run it to redline to merge onto the freeways lol

I get it. I was just messing with you. They all have their issues. It is a nice looking truck. 

4 minutes ago, durk said:

I get it. I was just messing with you. They all have their issues. It is a nice looking truck. 

My step-dad has had some awful experience with Fords recently so I hear you lol. 

I left the house to go test drive a Ram and I ended up at a GMC dealer buying a Ford 😂

It interesting some people are very brand loyal. My parents have only ever driven GM. On the other hand we currently have 3 vehicles, one German, one Japanese and one American, 2 of those are brands we have not owned previously. 🤷‍♂️

I am not particularly brand loyal, but there are some I avoid.

I think the reliability and performance of the actual model means more than the brand itself.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Steve Butters said:

Other than some badging, the only thing his truck has that mine is missing is powered running boards and heated rear seats. He also paid 10k more for his and it's a generation older. So far I love the Lariat. I've never had anything but base model trucks before now. 

when i bought my F-350 the only difference in the platinum and Lariat (other than price) was the platinum had a sunroof and the electric running boards. Always heard bad things about the running boards after two years not working anymore and I didn't care about a sun roof.

3 hours ago, bowdog said:

when i bought my F-350 the only difference in the platinum and Lariat (other than price) was the platinum had a sunroof and the electric running boards. Always heard bad things about the running boards after two years not working anymore and I didn't care about a sun roof.

I don't like the powered running boards... They get in the way. My truck has a huge double moon roof but I'll probably never use it... My luck it'd get stuck open or start to leak lol. Never been a sun roof person, if I could snap my fingers and have a solid roof I would do it. However, the glass roof helped sell it to my wife... So 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

• Upvote 1