Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2019 at 9:00 PM, snot said:

Update: 

Graduated last week....but next is a certificate in renewable energy.

Start new job in a couple of weeks....

All that just to make sammiches?  LOL  

Seriously though, well done!  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, max power said:

10 years ago, I never would have dreamed I could do my banking while pooping.  

What a great time to be alive!

You can also take shit posting on OR to a new level.

• Beer 1

• 2 weeks later...

A couple of Christmases ago I was working with a guy from Syria who was Muslim.  He drove to lunch one day and he had a Christmas music radio station playing in his car.  He said, "I just love your American Christmas songs.  They all sound so happy."

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Pauly said:

I had this thought a while ago, but never got an answer that satisfied my curiosity. 

Why do the Chick-fil-A cows give a damn about who is eating meat versus chicken? They're dairy cows. 

Thank you!!!! Finally, we hear the voice of reason. It's a dumb ad campaign and, as you said, makes no sense. That's the ONLY reason I have not, and never will eat there. For some reason there are lots of news stories about people working at these restaurants being assaulted by customers. A disproportionate number of these assailants are women! See below . . .

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=%23&ved=2ahUKEwijgLrWvtLjAhUCOs0KHXlZAwcQwqsBMAB6BAgLEAU&usg=AOvVaw0VTJzWxrN8ZFOD4xbU2nov

1 hour ago, Pauly said:

I had this thought a while ago, but never got an answer that satisfied my curiosity. 

Why do the Chick-fil-A cows give a damn about who is eating meat versus chicken? They're dairy cows. 

when dairy cows stop producing at an acceptable level, they usually go to auction, and are used for ground beef.

and are quite tasty!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, redbarron77 said:

when dairy cows stop producing at an acceptable level, they usually go to auction, and are used for ground beef.

and are quite tasty!

Ground up old cows rock!

True story. I was headed south out of Norfolk on the bike. Ahead of me a storm was brewing, i mean black as sin clouds. I was debating if I should stop or just  power through it. At that moment I seen a sign for Jesus chicken(chic-fil-a)and a bright lighting strike went across the sky at the same time.  I thought "okay, I can eat" so I took the exit. Just as I walked through the door and smelt that wonderful aroma. All hell let loose outside, I mean biblical rains. I took a hour and savored that moist delisious sammich(2 of them actually) and hit the road. Weather has now blown through. About 3 miles down the freeway you can tell where water was flowing across the road pretty deep due to the heavy down pour.  There were four bikes on the berm just past that, two of them on thier side. A sheriff was already on the scene so no need for me to stop. Another couple miles up a ambulance was headed in the opposite direction with lights and sirens.  I'm assuming towards the accident. Hope the riders were okay. But yeah that could have been me if I had not gotten "a sign" (literally) for Jesus chicken. Thank You Jesus Chicken!

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, redbarron77 said:

and are quite tasty!

Also most dairy farmers either raise the bulls born on the farm to be slaughtered for meat or take them to auction to be sold for beef animals. They are still good eating. There just tends to be more waste with a dairy breed (ex: Holstein as pictured in CFA ad). We primarily raise beef animals on our farm and in my wife’s research she found a lot of beef being sold is coming from dairy breeds. We can pick a dairy bull much cheaper than a beef bull for sure, so I can believe her research. 

• Upvote 1