Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

Um...is that duct tape?

Don't judge lol

Yeah it has some duct tape but I paid almost nothing for everything. Subs, box, amp, wires and capacitor.

I've got a couple kicker cvr 12s that would look better there

I love the way Alpine's sound VS Kicker. :D

• Upvote 1

Don't judge lol

Yeah it has some duct tape but I paid almost nothing for everything. Subs, box, amp, wires and capacitor.

I love the way Alpine's sound VS Kicker. :D

Love my kickers, but they are a bit underpowered at the moment. I need 500rms at 2 ohms to push each of them and I'm currently pushing a 2 ohm amp to 1 ohm to drive them both and she don't like it. .lol. it will play but always looking for the fine line where it kicks out. Still more than enough for me at the moment. Edited by 2talltim

Love my kickers, but they are a bit underpowered at the moment. I need 500rms at 2 ohms to push each of them and I'm currently pushing a 2 ohm amp to 1 ohm and she don't like it. .lol. it will play but always looking for the fine line where it kicks out. Still more than enough for me at the moment.

I should have these set up soon. The amp is 800watts at 2 ohms so I won't be pushing them to the max but I just wanted to add some extra kick to the system. I'll be keeping the stock 10 running as well.

I finally decided to get some subs after sitting in my friends truck which has possibly the best sound and hit I've heard. That Z71 is badass and incognito as hell until he turns the sound on :lol:

I would need to invest in dynomat before I invest in more power. My Tahoe sounds like a washing machine from the outside when I crank it up. I'm running my stock head too, but I had to replace the front door speakers due to one being blown. With kickers of course.

Edited by 2talltim

I would need to invest in dynomat before I invest in more power. My Tahoe sounds like a washing machine from the outside when I crank it up. I'm running my stock head too, but I had to replace the front door speakers due to one being blown. With kickers of course.

The CTS has the stock unit but it also has a Bose system in it from the factory. I know there are much better aftermarket speakers than Bose but the mids and highs sound great. I will be messing with the bass level to prevent any crazy rattling and if it gets bad enough I'll get some dynamat or something to line the trunk with. I'm not looking to be that guy with the annoying rattle when the bass hits and most of my songs are higher in the bpm range and nothing crazy low like Trap and Rap music uses.

Edited by TheBrown57

It is cold and rainy, snow is about to fall.

I got home from work on time, no overtime today.

I had a few beers and thought it would be good idea to re-read some of my old posts.

I joined in 2009, read the thread on working in Marysville, read about selling my Katana, and my first interest in firearms.

Then I re-read the thread "my dad has cancer".

Cried alittle. Well, that is not true, cried alot.

Then smiled. Miss you Dad.

Life makes us stronger.

Good night for now.

• Upvote 4

It is cold and rainy, snow is about to fall.

I got home from work on time, no overtime today.

I had a few beers and thought it would be good idea to re-read some of my old posts.

I joined in 2009, read the thread on working in Marysville, read about selling my Katana, and my first interest in firearms.

Then I re-read the thread "my dad has cancer".

Cried alittle. Well, that is not true, cried alot.

Then smiled. Miss you Dad.

Life makes us stronger.

Good night for now.

I have to admit, after reading this and thinking back to the posts you made about your dad made my eyes water a lil bit.