Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

47 minutes ago, snot said:

Can't wait to hear more about the ZX25R.

I hope the bike comes to the US.

If it doesn't, you should take a look and the Ninja 400.  It's a pretty significant jump over the 300.  It's a capable sport bike and does surprisingly well as a sport tourer... ask @Pauly

or @Blitz  and it's super fun to ride.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Tpoppa said:

If it doesn't, you should take a look and the Ninja 400.  It's a pretty significant jump over the 300.  It's a capable sport bike and does surprisingly well as a sport tourer... ask @Pauly

or @Blitz  and it's super fun to ride.

I was looking at the 650. The 400 is not much of a step up from the 300 but the seat height is right.

The new 250 is a 4 cylinder with a quick shifter and 59hp. I want to see more specs so I can compare them all.

49 minutes ago, snot said:

I was looking at the 650. The 400 is not much of a step up from the 300 but the seat height is right.

The new 250 is a 4 cylinder with a quick shifter and 59hp. I want to see more specs so I can compare them all.

I think the 400 is a better overall package than the 650.  I looked at both of them and the 900.   Still bought the 400.

I'll let you ride it sometime...

• Upvote 2

I would love to test ride the 400. I know it is lighter than the 300 and has better acceleration. 

I considered the 650 since it is a step up and has great acceleration on the highway (my commute is all highway).

It will be next year before I am ready to buy another bike. So, I have time.

4 minutes ago, snot said:

I would love to test ride the 400. I know it is lighter than the 300 and has better acceleration. 

I considered the 650 since it is a step up and has great acceleration on the highway (my commute is all highway).

• Upvote 1

On 3/19/2020 at 1:03 PM, snot said:

A track friend of mine went from a 696 monster to a track ready 650. She loved it, but found it a bit heavy. She tracked it for the last 3 seasons, but just recently bought a 400 for the track and gave the 650 to her boyfriend. I won't see her till Palmer in August (if everything is back to normal by then), but I can get her opinions on it for you if she manages to make it out earlier than that. As long as the tracks are open, she will.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, snot said:

The weight is not as much of an issue as the seat height.

But, I have been eye balling both bikes.

her thoughts on that would be different than you or I, she is quite a bit taller than we are.

Edited by Koala

On 10/14/2019 at 10:04 PM, Steve Butters said:

I'm making this slang happen... "Oh Harley!"

Your timing is, reliable.

https://www.cycleworld.com/story/motorcycle-reviews/2020-harley-davidson-livewire-road-test-review/

On 3/28/2020 at 6:05 PM, SpecialEd said:

I had no idea they grew that tall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saguaro

I think that is a pretty average specimen. The grow over 40ft tall according to the link.

They do grow very slowly so that one is probably over 100years old.

Edited by CBBaron
  • Upvote 1