Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

5 minutes ago, Casper said:

I never wanted to make money off my friends and fellow riders. That was never the purpose of this site. Otherwise, I'd have ads everywhere. 

We (as in not Tonik)  appreciate you.

• Beer 2
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Casper said:

I never wanted to make money off my friends and fellow riders. That was never the purpose of this site. Otherwise, I'd have ads everywhere. 

Broken as intended!  :lol:

3 hours ago, JustinNck1 said:

I just got a wild idea. Sitting here pricing a fly and ride to Germany. Actually more affordable than I thought. Fly into Frankfurt, rent a bike and ride the Nurburgring.

3 hours ago, thompsonian said:

Doing an Edelweiss tour is on my bucket list

I've chewed on these thoughts before only to come to the conclusion that there is SOOOO much in our own country I haven't seen, done or ridden yet. So I'm fine for making over seas a very distant thing. 

7 hours ago, thompsonian said:

Doing an Edelweiss tour is on my bucket list

Did a Ron Ayres tour to Argentina,Uruguay, and Brazil several years back.  Expensive, but worthwhile to have a guide so you can experience the place without concentrating on navigation.  And your bike is not overweighted with luggage.

1 hour ago, motocat12 said:

I had Ray Rays pork for lunch, not impressed over city bbq or dickeys.

haven't been to pig iron.

I bought ribs from dickeys and watched them cut them out of a plastic bag... Everything there is bagged... Fucking gross, that's not BBQ 

Edited by Steve Butters
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah!  My Friday morning meeting just got cancelled.  I can now leave on the motorcycle first thing Friday morning.  That will give me an extra half day of motorcycle riding to find the most twisty route to the Outer Banks.  My only constraint is that I am supposed to meet the wife and kids there on Saturday night. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Connie14 said:

Yeah!  My Friday morning meeting just got cancelled.  I can now leave on the motorcycle first thing Friday morning.  That will give me an extra half day of motorcycle riding to find the most twisty route to the Outer Banks.  My only constraint is that I am supposed to meet the wife and kids there on Saturday night. 

That’s a great idea....

2 hours ago, Connie14 said:

You ever decide which bike to take?

1 hour ago, 2talltim said:

You ever decide which bike to take?

Yeah. I'm going to play it safe and take the Connie.  I need to ride a nearly 700 mile day coming back, and I know the big girl can do it comfortably.