Jump to content
SAMBUSA

Random Thoughts thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, ludwb675 said:

Got chicken bacon ranch pizza for lunch. They failed to tell me there were onions on it. Pizza now ruined. :cry:

Honestly, I assume that kind of pizza has onions on it. I think anyone that has pizza more than 2 times a year would have the same assumption lol.

15 minutes ago, 2talltim said:

I would be upset if there were not onions on a CBR pizza. :dunno: 

Right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

Honestly, I assume that kind of pizza has onions on it. I think anyone that has pizza more than 2 times a year would have the same assumption lol.

Right?

I asked the guy what's on the chicken pizza (pizza by the slice place) and he said chicken bacon ranch. I assumed that was all that was on it. You couldn't see the onions at all. 

 

And usually I just get cheese or pineapple (let the hate begin) pizza. Don't care for pizza with 50 different toppings. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ludwb675 said:

I asked the guy what's on the chicken pizza (pizza by the slice place) and he said chicken bacon ranch. I assumed that was all that was on it. You couldn't see the onions at all. 

 

And usually I just get cheese or pineapple (let the hate begin) pizza. Don't care for pizza with 50 different toppings. 

You are talking to the guy that purposely brought an Angelo's BBQ Chicken Pizza to an OR event JUST because it has pineapple and cinnamon on it.

You should try that btw, its freaking delish. I think it has onions on it, just a warning. And yes the cinnamon is a great touch, don't let these barbarians fool you.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

You are talking to the guy that purposely brought an Angelo's BBQ Chicken Pizza to an OR event JUST because it has pineapple and cinnamon on it.

You should try that btw, its freaking delish. I think it has onions on it, just a warning. And yes the cinnamon is a great touch, don't let these barbarians fool you.

damn you, now I need Angelo's in my life. I think it has peppers but no onions on it. I don't care for pineapple on anything however it wasn't terrible on that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been waiting for 2+ years on a job to be opened, and today the opening has been posted!

took me all of 15 minutes to get the application completed and resume uploaded....

It is taking all my willpower to not get my hopes up.....Hence telling this group of miscreants! 

If I get it, I can go back to posting Pr0n for those long Ohio winter/springs!

  • Beer 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Work rearranged the cube farm and now i sit directly beneath a HVAC vent. It is currently blowing cold air on me in an office that is already colder than any other part of the building. 

I already tried turning the damper but it's broken of course. Next idea is to take the diffuser cover off and shove a towel or something in the down tube. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ludwb675 said:

Work rearranged the cube farm and now i sit directly beneath a HVAC vent. It is currently blowing cold air on me in an office that is already colder than any other part of the building. 

I already tried turning the damper but it's broken of course. Next idea is to take the diffuser cover off and shove a towel or something in the down tube. 

depending on the vent, I have seen someone put a plain piece of paper in it to divert the air flow sideways so it wasn't blowing straight down.

If you are bold, you can look up the 3M window insulation kit, and install it on the vent, but that all depends on the level of risk you can assume.  Tampering with company HVAC can be a firing offense.

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, ludwb675 said:

Work rearranged the cube farm and now i sit directly beneath a HVAC vent. It is currently blowing cold air on me in an office that is already colder than any other part of the building. 

I already tried turning the damper but it's broken of course. Next idea is to take the diffuser cover off and shove a towel or something in the down tube. 

I say golf umbrella. A very large, colorful golf umbrella.

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, redbarron77 said:

 Tampering with company HVAC can be a firing offense.

im glad my company doesn't totally suck. I duct taped the inside of the vent above my desk for the winter because i run warm as it is already I don't nee the 76* heat they keep this damn place at on me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, redbarron77 said:

depending on the vent, I have seen someone put a plain piece of paper in it to divert the air flow sideways so it wasn't blowing straight down.

If you are bold, you can look up the 3M window insulation kit, and install it on the vent, but that all depends on the level of risk you can assume.  Tampering with company HVAC can be a firing offense.

Most likely i would just get a don't do that again. For good or bad, it's almost impossible it get fired from this place. 

  • Beer 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio is a giant piece of shit and Cleveland is the bloody slime part that makes you consider calling the doctor for a once over. 

  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pauly said:

Ohio is a giant piece of shit and Cleveland is the bloody slime part that makes you consider calling the doctor for a once over. 

Heeeessss aaaaaliiiiiveeeee!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pauly said:

Ohio is a giant piece of shit and Cleveland is the bloody slime part that makes you consider calling the doctor for a once over. 

394.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Pauly said:

Ohio is a giant piece of shit and Cleveland is the bloody slime part that makes you consider calling the doctor for a once over. 

The word "OHIO" is an old native American word meaning "Partly to mostly shitty".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Qman said:

The word "OHIO" is an old native American word meaning "Partly to mostly shitty".

Qman is an ancient Chinese phrase for an asshole who thinks they are witty. 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Pauly said:

Ohio is a giant piece of shit and Cleveland is the bloody slime part that makes you consider calling the doctor for a once over. 

Who is the FNG?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, 2 of 3 classes done for the semester....1 more left then I can post whore again for 4 weeks...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An Arizona Highway Patrol officer stops a Harley for traveling faster than the posted speed limit, so he asks the biker his name.

'Fred,' he replies.

'Fred what?' the officer asks.

'Just Fred,' the man responds.

The officer is in a good mood, thinks he might just give the biker a break, and write him out a warning instead of a ticket. The officer then presses him for the last name.

The man tells him that he used to have a last name but lost it.

The officer thinks that he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it. 'Tell me, Fred, how did you lose your last name?'

The biker replies, 'It's a long story, so stay with me.' I was born Fred Johnson. I studied hard and got good grades. When I got older, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, residency, so I was Fred Johnson, MD. After a while I got bored being a doctor, so I decided to go back to school. Dentistry was my dream! Got all the way through School, got my degree, so then I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS. Got bored doing dentistry, so I started fooling around with my assistant and she gave me VD, so now I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS, with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD, so they took away my DDS. Then I was Fred Johnson, MD, with VD. Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Johnson with VD. Then the VD took away my Johnson, so now I am Just Fred.'

The officer walked away in tears, laughing.

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 8:03 AM, Qman said:

An Arizona Highway Patrol officer stops a Harley for traveling faster than the posted speed limit, so he asks the biker his name.

'Fred,' he replies.

'Fred what?' the officer asks.

'Just Fred,' the man responds.

The officer is in a good mood, thinks he might just give the biker a break, and write him out a warning instead of a ticket. The officer then presses him for the last name.

The man tells him that he used to have a last name but lost it.

The officer thinks that he has a nut case on his hands but plays along with it. 'Tell me, Fred, how did you lose your last name?'

The biker replies, 'It's a long story, so stay with me.' I was born Fred Johnson. I studied hard and got good grades. When I got older, I realized that I wanted to be a doctor. I went through college, medical school, internship, residency, so I was Fred Johnson, MD. After a while I got bored being a doctor, so I decided to go back to school. Dentistry was my dream! Got all the way through School, got my degree, so then I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS. Got bored doing dentistry, so I started fooling around with my assistant and she gave me VD, so now I was Fred Johnson, MD, DDS, with VD.

Well, the ADA found out about the VD, so they took away my DDS. Then I was Fred Johnson, MD, with VD. Then the AMA found out about the ADA taking away my DDS because of the VD, so they took away my MD leaving me as Fred Johnson with VD. Then the VD took away my Johnson, so now I am Just Fred.'

The officer walked away in tears, laughing.

 

Nice!!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

can't find the negative thoughts thread....the job offer they gave, would have reduced my pay by 40%.....being the sole income for the household, I cannot take the offer they gave me.

Once the move to the farm and the current house sells, then I could, but I fucked right now.

I waited 2 fucking years for this job to open up, and cannot take it.

Seriously pissed right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

whoa... "Ford announces it will stop selling all but two models of cars in North America"  Mustang focus and trucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, redbarron77 said:

can't find the negative thoughts thread....the job offer they gave, would have reduced my pay by 40%.....being the sole income for the household, I cannot take the offer they gave me.

Once the move to the farm and the current house sells, then I could, but I fucked right now.

I waited 2 fucking years for this job to open up, and cannot take it.

Seriously pissed right now.

Sorry man. Was it public sector?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone ever put a faux sale on ebay just to get their bulk shipping rate? I'd need to swap the addresses so I do the work listing for the seller to ship it to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Tonik said:

Sorry man. Was it public sector?

I have been trying to leave the consulting world for a while, especially since I have put in approximately 4 1/2 years of man hours in less than 3 years of employment.

A job opened up at a different department(than where I worked before) at Texas A&M, and I expected a pay cut, but not quite that much.  

We have been packing up and getting ready to sell our current home and move back to the farm(to take care of my wife's Dad and Step-mom), but with my income being the only one, we cannot afford to take that pay cut until AFTER the current house is sold.  Otherwise, we risk our savings, which could carry us for about 6-8 months, but if the house doesn't sell, then we are completely boned.

I have to tell a friend, who bent over backwards to get this job opened, that I can't afford to take it at that salary.  Her hands are tied on the pay(government funded job), so I feel like an ass for wasting her time because I didn't know how perilous of a financial situation I am in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, redbarron77 said:

I have been trying to leave the consulting world for a while, especially since I have put in approximately 4 1/2 years of man hours in less than 3 years of employment.

A job opened up at a different department(than where I worked before) at Texas A&M, and I expected a pay cut, but not quite that much.  

We have been packing up and getting ready to sell our current home and move back to the farm(to take care of my wife's Dad and Step-mom), but with my income being the only one, we cannot afford to take that pay cut until AFTER the current house is sold.  Otherwise, we risk our savings, which could carry us for about 6-8 months, but if the house doesn't sell, then we are completely boned.

I have to tell a friend, who bent over backwards to get this job opened, that I can't afford to take it at that salary.  Her hands are tied on the pay(government funded job), so I feel like an ass for wasting her time because I didn't know how perilous of a financial situation I am in.

That is a real shame man, very sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×