Random Thoughts thread

SAMBUSA

Good lord I hate GM products. Did an oil change on the Acadia. Less space to work than my Ford Focus. Oil filter is mounted in a spot you’re guaranteed a 2nd degree burn from the from exhaust manifold and then it spills oil everywhere. Fucking piece of shit Obama designed turd. 

9 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

Oil filter is mounted in a spot you’re guaranteed a 2nd degree burn from the from exhaust manifold and then it spills oil everywhere.

You would think auto manufacturer's would've figured that shit out by now. :nono:

10 hours ago, zx3vfr said:

Oil filter is mounted in a spot you’re guaranteed a 2nd degree burn from the from exhaust manifold and then it spills oil everywhere.

1 hour ago, TimTheAzn said:

You would think auto manufacturer's would've figured that shit out by now. :nono:

On the Buell 1125R, you pretty much had to put the kickstand in the oil pan...so a rear stand was pretty much necessary for oil changes (or get really creative with aluminum foil).

On the 2011-ish ZX6R, wasn't the oil filter near the top of the motor...so oil would drip down the entire side during a change?

On that HD VRSCR I just sold, you had to unbolt the bottom of the radiator to remove the oil filter.  Wrenching on that bike was the biggest PITA.  It was actually reasonably fun to ride, but the design was beyond stupid...that's the main reason I sold it.

On 5/13/2018 at 9:49 PM, zx3vfr said:

Good lord I hate GM products. Did an oil change on the Acadia. Less space to work than my Ford Focus. Oil filter is mounted in a spot you’re guaranteed a 2nd degree burn from the from exhaust manifold and then it spills oil everywhere. Fucking piece of shit Obama designed turd. 

Yes, that is one stupid ass design.  I could go on for days on all the stupid shit GM "designs" then I could start in other manufacturers.

Not just GM either... Ford can't figure this shit out on mustangs either... My old 99 would drain over the steering rack bushings, eventually causing them to rot and need replaced, and our 16 mustang the oil drains out all over a wiring harness and plastic connectors... You have to be very creative to not drench all the electrical shit in oil... I hate changing oil, just put the damn filter where it's accessible 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

Not just GM either... Ford can't figure this shit out on mustangs either... My old 99 would drain over the steering rack bushings, eventually causing them to rot and need replaced, and our 16 mustang the oil drains out all over a wiring harness and plastic connectors... You have to be very creative to not drench all the electrical shit in oil... I hate changing oil, just put the damn filter where it's accessible 

GM is awesome! Did you know that they gave you a quick and easy way of getting your radio lights to come on? All I have to do is hit my dash a few times and the rest of my buttons will light up! Way ahead of their time, I mean Kohler just started marketing those faucet within the last few years with the touch on/off features. GM is way ahead of the curve.

8 hours ago, TimTheAzn said:

GM is awesome! Did you know that they gave you a quick and easy way of getting your radio lights to come on? All I have to do is hit my dash a few times and the rest of my buttons will light up! Way ahead of their time, I mean Kohler just started marketing those faucet within the last few years with the touch on/off features. GM is way ahead of the curve.

Lol my trailblazer was the same way 

I went to take off this morning on the bike. I hit the button on my Sena and tell Siri to play all. She says something stupid back. I try again, another stupid response. Now I am getting pissed,so I say, you stupid fucking bitch! Siri says language, really didn’t know she would do that!

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, Howabusa said:

I went to take off this morning on the bike. I hit the button on my Sena and tell Siri to play all. She says something stupid back. I try again, another stupid response. Now I am getting pissed,so I say, you stupid fucking bitch! Siri says language, really didn’t know she would do that!

Don't piss her off...She'll wipe your I-Tunes clean!

• Haha 1

I find entertainment sometimes in trolling Harley Pirates on "biker" facebook pages. The one come come back they usually have that is very common is "your just mad because you can't afford a Harley" I don't know why but usually I laugh even harder when they say that. So that's it? If you can afford a over priced POS with 1980s technology at 2050 prices, that is what makes you cool? :lol: 

• Beer 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Steve Butters said:

I've never uploaded a video clip on here... Not sure if this works or not, but this happened last night when trying to watch kodi... Got a kick out of it lol

Yea I got rick rolled a lot a couple weeks ago trying to watch movies. :lol: